Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Kiddies Cake Gallery - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kiddies Cake Gallery (34221 Views)

Awesometouch Eventz Cakes,chapman,smallchops,chinese And Bbq Picture Gallery. / Picture Gallery Of Cakes By ME. / Kiddies Cake And Cocktail Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
These are kiddies cakes i have made. I just love the cakes cos of their characteristic colour explosion. Its always a delight to see kids wowed when they see their birthday cakes.
This thread is just for show off of kiddies cakes, nothing more.

The first cake here was for a class party. In addition to the teddy bears on top, i perched butterflies on the four corners ontop of the cake knowing fully well that the kids will love it. The kids mum (my client) was really pleased with the concept.

The second is a football pitch/soccer ball themed cake. Though the goal posts and players were omitted, the soccer ball cake ontop + the canvas sure makes this cake exceptional and different from the regular football field cake.

The third one is a minnie mouse cake with just the bow on the cake.

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
-A car cake. This is my third car cake. Its same colour and type with the second car cake i baked and decorated. Honestly when my client's son choosed this same cake, i thought they will opt for another colour but the little boy insisted on same colour and type.

It eventually came out better than the previous one. A sort of improvement on my previous car cakes.

Hmmnnnnn i want to try something else oooo like a truck or jeep or a convertible car cake.

I know it will come to pass soon. grin

-The second cake is a tiered coconut cake decorated with really flashy fondant colours. Micky and sweet Minnie mouse fondant cartoon characters are placed on the cake. Theis cake was baked for a nairalander's kid.

-The last cakes were baked for a lil girl named Azuka. A barbie, a princess and no 1 cakes. All three cakes were made just for her 1st birthday. Her parents and brothers were really pleased.

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
More.

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Just can't fall out of love with these amazingly beautiful colourful kiddies cake.

This car cake is the second car cake i baked. Iove the colour combo. Beside the car cake is a soccer ball on a mini football field.

The second cake here is a beautiful teddy/butterfly themed cake. Actually it was for home coming of a new born baby girl. The ivory colour just rhymes with the pink and other colours used for the decor.
This is one of my cakes i love. Its just beautiful.

The last cake here is football pitch cake. I will love to try out something different like covering the cake with white fondant and using green for the upper and lower boarders. I bet it will be eye catching.

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Barney cake: a kiddies cake for a 2 year old girl. The cake is topped with a barney fondant figure + sugar candies made of fondant. The fancy cupcakes were decorated randomly but 6 of the cupcakes are barney cup cakes with mini barney's heads.

Micky and Minnie mouse: Yeah, i know....... Need to drastically improve in my cartoon characters moulding. The micky and minnie mouse on the second 2tiered colourful kiddies cake looks more like grand ma and grand pa mouse grin ;DD grin ;DD

Cindy barbie: One word........... Beautiful.
No 1: Same baby girl own the Barbie and the no 1 birthday cake.

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
The first cake here was baked for my first son on his second birthday. This cake was actually my first attempt at cake sculpting. The cake came out well but i should have used another colour. Anyway more car cakes to come.

The second is a micky mouse cake. This cake was a last minute order and my first time making a cartoon character themed cake. Due to the late time the client ordered for the cake, getting a minnie mouse template was totally impossible so i drew the face of micky with a pencil looking at a pic from google and used it as a template to carve out the fondant micky.

Hello kitty cake: A hello kitty themed cake.

A birthday cake with train track theme.

2 Likes

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
I reserved this cakes for the last cos they are very very special cakes. Special in the sense that they are like miracle cakes.

I decorated these two cakes on the 4th of February, a day after i delivered my second son.
This is what happened: The clients placed orders for these cakes and paid 60% of the cost for the cakes December 2013. Then i was 8months pregnant. My EDD was calculated to be on the 9th of February. Now here is where i miscalculated. My first son, Jason was born exactly 2weeks after my EDD so I kinda thought my second baby will follow same pattern. That is even why i accepted the cake deal.

I was suprised when on the 2nd of February after baking the cakes, i started having mild contractions. I ruled it off as Braxton Hicks contractions and started preparing my fondant (around 11pm). But alas the contractions continued oooo and then i called my mum and explained to her how i was feeling but i insisted it wasn't real labour contractions. She said "do you want to put to bed at home?"

Fast forward, i delivered my pretty boy the next day between 12noon and 1pm. It was a bitter sweet labour and everything went well. After seeing my child and appreciating God, the next thing on my mind was the cakes at home. I had to go home but i was sore all over after pushing out a 3.5kg baby boy and given 9episiotomy stitches.. What was i going to do? No one to help, no baker around to give the decoration job to... I did the only thing i believed in; i called on God for divine help and strenght. I begged God to give me energy and strength and informed the Doctor i was strong enough to be discharged. .. By 8pm that day, we were discharged.
The nextday, i knew it will take a miracle for those cakes to be decorated and delivered on the 4th. And so i prayed for God to grant me DIVINE STRENGTH and speed. Lo and behold, by 4pm that day, i was done decorating the couch and no 1 cakes. My younger sis helped deliver the cakes to the client. The client was really pleased and since then i have baked cakes for every member of her family. It was just God and God' divine help that saw me through.

9 Likes

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
This thread is open to other cake bakers. Pls post your kiddies cakes here. Lets share ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
These are my latest kiddies cakes.

A football field: something different from my usuals.
A Barbie
A minnie mouse.

All three cakes are fruit coconut cakes. Absolutely delicious!

2 Likes

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by Afolayinka(f): 3:52am On Jul 25, 2014
Wow. Lovely n creative. Love d football pitch

2 Likes

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by shadowwalker101: 4:20am On Jul 25, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Nice cakes
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 4:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Afolayinka: Wow. Lovely n creative. Love d football pitch

Thanks Afola. My favourite is the last football pitch. The white background gives the cake a special effect.
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 4:37am On Jul 25, 2014
shadowwalker101: [img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Nice cakes

Thanks Shadowwalker.
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by shadowwalker101: 4:38am On Jul 25, 2014
cynhamscakes:

Thanks Shadowwalker.
Ur welcome
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by Kimmo(f): 4:56am On Jul 25, 2014
I had one just like the one with the doll in the ball gown on top for my fifth birthday and I remember not wanting it to be cut, and after my mom insisted, I wanted to eat the doll but it wasn't edible.
I hope these make a beautiful memory for the children you make them for someday.
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by cynhamscakes(f): 5:53am On Jul 25, 2014
Kimmo: I had one just like the one with the doll in the ball gown on top for my fifth birthday and I remember not wanting it to be cut, and after my mom insisted, I wanted to eat the doll but it wasn't edible.
I hope these make a beautiful memory for the children you make them for someday.

LMAO @ you wanted to eat the doll. Barbie cakes are always beautiful and unique. I hope to have a daughter someday so i can make a life size barbie or Cinderella cake for her.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by bece: 6:59am On Jul 25, 2014
This is going to be fun as other kiddies cakes will be posted. The joy of making children birthday cakes is the excitment u see on their faces when they place their orders.
They ask with excitment if u can really make their cakes the way they want it, aunty can u really make me a batman cake? can i have batman spongebob and superman on my cake?
children are fun to work with.
@cynhams cakes we could have more fun on this thread by having a theme for each week like cake central does
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by bece: 7:12am On Jul 25, 2014
This is one of my favorite cake. This cake was taken from Abuja to Yola. It was fun making this

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by veesion: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2014
Quite creative,by his grace u will go places,...do u specialize on birthdays, how abt wedding cakes?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by bece: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2014
kiddies cakes

2 Likes

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by bece: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2014
most little girls love barbie i have made tens of barbie cakes
my would love to do cake for a girl will be FROZEN themed birthday cake

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello Cynthia, please post the one for adults too, birthday. remember we spoke about it, August 7,
Ify
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by frainc(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2014
E dey do me like say make I become baby again o b'cos of this beautiful cake

I love the crativity
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 25, 2014
9ce work and creative too. Here are some children cake designs...a friend made them not me o...

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by tobyemmanuel(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2014
Where we go take comment na? People sha.
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by benedictac(f): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2014
We cater for ur catering services, venue decor, finger foods, cocktails, cakes, event mgt, etc. We connect with ur style and budget from conception to execution.

visit our Facebook page: chijioke benedicta
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by HURMORTULA(f): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2014
We love children..

I made the first cake for my son, he graduated from preschool to kindergarten grin..my son & myself decorated the cake together cheesy

I made the mickey club house for a customer, she so much loved it.

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by hayoakins(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Now, i feel like having some kids to spoil, thanks this wonderful creations grin
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by HURMORTULA(f): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Me likey that buttercream shirt shocked

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by HURMORTULA(f): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Oh! My lovely converse shoe..
More from...
lemmie cakes
Ikorodu, lagos.

1 Like

Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2014
HURMORTULA: We love children..

I made the first cake for my son, he graduated from preschool to kindergarten grin..my son & myself decorated the cake together cheesy

I made the mickey club house for a customer, she so much loved it.
lollll. Ur cakes are sooooo cute, esp welcome to kindergaten, na u start am o, be ready for welcome to Pri sch, etc
Re: Kiddies Cake Gallery by HURMORTULA(f): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie: lollll. Ur cakes are sooooo cute, esp welcome to kindergaten, na u start am o, be ready for welcome to Pri sch, etc
Thanks..
Yes oo,, Cake for all ocassions..tilll phd level sef cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Creative Design A Pregnant Woman Made With Abacha Ingredients (Photos) / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice / Christmas With Chicken Head!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.