Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (34243 Views)

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 6:09am On May 22, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVT4buQyZWY

So guys, I came up with this easy Nigerian breakfast stew, it is one of my favorites and might just be what you need for today’s breakfast.
Egg stew is the best and simplest sauce for boiled yam or rice, it is prepared with eggs, diced tomatoes, peppers and onion and very easy to fix for breakfast.

This stew is very easy to prepare and gives room for addition of other spices like herbs and vegetables or even fish/minced meat. Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can as well use canned tomatoes, it taste good with it.
However, egg stew can be served at lunch and dinner as well. Here is simple egg stew recipe for you, watch the video above and see how to make egg stew the easiest way.
This egg stew also complements fried plantain, yam chips and potatoes; you might as well love to pair yours with plain boiled rice.

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 4 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 stock cube
• 2 scotch bonnets, chopped or dry pepper
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by lekkan(m): 6:25am On May 22, 2018
Okay FTC
As the first to Comment on this post I didn't bother to read it's contents, while I'm sitting in a BRT bus going to Ikeja from Ikotun and this driver has spent 35mins turning in the roundabout , Im wondering when we'll get to Ikeja... Have a nice day Jare everybody

16 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:26am On May 22, 2018
OP you are wicked...angry

In university, I ate egg-stew and snacked on ground-nuts.

Woke up in night class by a loud sound escaping from my butt... Prapraprappapapa. shocked

The whole lecture hall erupted in laughter.

The End.... no Part 2 angry

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by kittykollinxx(m): 6:26am On May 22, 2018
FTC 2nd runner up �
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:27am On May 22, 2018
Thank you @OP. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by IbokPatrick(m): 6:27am On May 22, 2018
Yummy

3 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Centrallock: 6:28am On May 22, 2018
Chai one of the good things about life is a good food..
And when you or wife or babe cook's well brother your somehow blessed.

12 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 6:28am On May 22, 2018
Kleenatics:

Thank you @OP. smiley
You're welcome dear

2 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 6:29am On May 22, 2018
Centrallock:
Chai one of the good things about life is a good food..
And when you or wife or babe cook's well brother your somehow blessed.
Chai! so true.

5 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by vinegurl(f): 6:29am On May 22, 2018
IbokPatrick:
Yummy
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:32am On May 22, 2018
you did not add groundnut oil, and note.. if you want to eat it with yam it should contain a level of groundnut oil so that it will not be too dry but a little but watery and yummy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by xreal: 6:32am On May 22, 2018
Only wife materials will try and learn.

You see dose codeine girls with tight jeans...they will see this thread and yinmu.

6 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Jayboot(m): 6:32am On May 22, 2018
this video go make person break fast sharply oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Funnystatus(m): 6:32am On May 22, 2018
This is for the ladies.. What am i doing here sef
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:33am On May 22, 2018
Baby come and watch this video. I no want hear story.

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:33am On May 22, 2018
you did not add groundnut oil, and note.. if you want to eat it with yam it should contain a level of groundnut oil so that it will not be too dry but a little bit watery and yummy. and from the picture the tomatoes use in frying is too small

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:33am On May 22, 2018
Interesting[/b]
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by HazardMan(m): 6:34am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=vinegurl post=67766317]

So guys, I came up with this easy Nigerian breakfast stew, it is one of my favorites and might just be what you need for today’s breakfast.
Egg stew is the best and simplest sauce for boiled yam or rice, it is prepared with eggs, diced tomatoes, peppers and onion and very easy to fix for breakfast.

This stew is very easy to prepare and gives room for addition of other spices like herbs and vegetables or even fish/minced meat. Instead of using fresh tomatoes, you can as well use canned tomatoes, it taste good with it.
However, egg stew can be served at lunch and dinner as well. Here is simple egg stew recipe for you, watch the video above and see how to make egg stew the easiest way.
This egg stew also complements fried plantain, yam chips and potatoes; you might as well love to pair yours with plain boiled rice.

Not a new thing

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:34am On May 22, 2018
Dont tell me that the average Nigerian girl cant prepare simple egg stew...!!!!
Something i've been preparing since i was 20
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Nobody: 6:36am On May 22, 2018
Lol who needs directions on how to make egg sauce? Oga, we all learnt that in secondary school. Give us a more complex recipe like Singapore friend rice

3 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by xreal: 6:38am On May 22, 2018
lekkan:
Okay FTC
As the first to Comment on this post I didn't bother to read it's contents, while I'm sitting in a BRT bus going to Ikeja from Ikotun and this driver has spent 35mins turning in the roundabout , Im wondering when we'll get to Ikeja... Have a nice day Jare everybody

See you.

In a bus at 6:25am to resume work probably at 8.
Wetin dey chase una comot for house?

I guess you will still have to queue at the bus station before boarding.

And you will return home between 9 and 10pm.

What a life you guys live in Lagos.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by biacan(f): 6:38am On May 22, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
you did not add groundnut oil, and note.. if you want to eat it with yam it should contain a level of groundnut oil so that it will not be too dry but a little bit watery and yummy. and from the picture the tomatoes use in frying is too small
Too much of groundnut oil causes typhoid,fever and it destroys the eyes be careful with your intake
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Authoreety: 6:39am On May 22, 2018
I believe everybody can prepare ds, according to his or her own taste

2 Likes

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by s3tt1ngz003: 6:40am On May 22, 2018
Chai
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by ironheart(m): 6:41am On May 22, 2018
Good
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by MissJoy29(f): 6:42am On May 22, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
you did not add groundnut oil, and note.. if you want to eat it with yam it should contain a level of groundnut oil so that it will not be too dry but a little but watery and yummy.
That's how I like mine. Not too thick and dry but kinda watery and oily. To achieve this, the tomato has to be bigger in quantity than the eggs. That's also why I add a little stock from whatever animal I'm using (chicken/turkey, goat, fish) to prepare it.

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by AdoredLadyvida: 6:43am On May 22, 2018
Breakfast...

Well I am Eating and typing.
Thanks to the chef For this Breakfast that I am Eating,
I woke up Hungry.

God bless U.S.A,Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by Yewandequeen(f): 6:43am On May 22, 2018
Wake make i wake up first.
Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by nabegibeg: 6:43am On May 22, 2018
vinegurl:

Ingredients for egg stew
• 3 large eggs, whisked
• 4 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 stock cube
• 2 scotch bonnets, chopped or dry pepper
• ½ cup of cooking oil
• A pinch of salt

1 Like

Re: Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice by nabegibeg: 6:43am On May 22, 2018
Budex40:
Dont tell me that the average Nigerian girl cant prepare simple egg stew...!!!!
Something i've been preparing since i was 20

How can the average nigeria girl prepare it when na science student things them sabi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas With Chicken Head! / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). / Coconut Rice Made The Easy Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.