Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews (1090 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by victorVIC1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Recently I had a telephone interview with the Human Resource Officer of a coy.One of d questions dat she asked me was "what can you do? I was not satisfied with d answers I provided to the question as I became a stutter all of a sudden. If u were in my position, how would u av tackled d question.
Furthermore, If a Human Resource Officer asks u how much u will be willing to accept as a pay package for a job that u were not able to carry out a proper research of the pay range before the interview, how wud u respond?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by fijiano202(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
90k open to negotiation and i have ideas that would lead to the growth of ur company,its a Tech age,why wait for vision 2020 when i can propel ur company to achive the vision outset for 2020 in just 2015
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by Gshun: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
doesn't dat sound cocky ?
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by Gshun: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
doesn't dat sound too cocky?
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by victorVIC1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
fijiano202: 90k open to negotiation and i have ideas that would lead to the growth of ur company,its a Tech age,why wait for vision 2020 when i can propel ur company to achive the vision outset for 2020 in just 2015
tanx... really wish more people cud provide more answers though
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by victorVIC1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gshun: doesn't dat sound too cocky?
some how outrageous for a graduate without experience, right?
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by vycee01: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
NEVER STATE AN AMOUNT TO BE PAID, every organization has a particular pay for every level, tell them "I know you organization has a stipulated amount for this position" but is they insist you can tell them "you earned xx amount in your previous organization or current organization" but never tell them to pay you xx amount, if they are okay they'll call if not, its on to the next one bruh

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by victorVIC1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
vycee01: NEVER STATE AN AMOUNT TO BE PAID, every organization has a particular pay for every level, tell them "I know you organization has a stipulated amount for this position" but is they insist you can tell them "you earned xx amount in your previous organization or current organization" but never tell them to pay you xx amount, if they are okay they'll call if not, its on to the next one bruh
wow..so on point. Tanx Sir

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by omolarayola: 5:38am On Jul 23, 2014
vycee01: NEVER STATE AN AMOUNT TO BE PAID, every organization has a particular pay for every level, tell them "I know you organization has a stipulated amount for this position" but is they insist you can tell them "you earned xx amount in your previous organization or current organization" but never tell them to pay you xx amount, if they are okay they'll call if not, its on to the next one bruh
cry recently, I went 4 a chat nd was insisted 2 give a figure. Meanwhile, I earned less than 60k in my last short-term contract job. Can u b disqualified 4 given a ridiculous amt?. Like 80k...
Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by Exponental(m): 6:19am On Jul 23, 2014
What can u do?...... I tell him my ability in relation to d job I applied for n add "I am also willing to learn".
Pay?....... I will not even underestimate d pay even if I dont know d pay package.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by vycee01: 7:08am On Jul 23, 2014
omolarayola: cry recently, I went 4 a chat nd was insisted 2 give a figure. Meanwhile, I earned less than 60k in my last short-term contract job. Can u b disqualified 4 given a ridiculous amt?. Like 80k...

Not exactly, well it depends on the role u are being interviewed for, if the amt is outrageous or not but to be on a safer side u can say u 80k is fine and ur also willing to negotiate, i don't know, that's what I'll say tho

1 Like

Re: How Do You Answer These Questions In Job Interviews by victorVIC1(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2014
Exponental: What can u do?...... I tell him my ability in relation to d job I applied for n add "I am also willing to learn".
Pay?....... I will not even underestimate d pay even if I dont know d pay package.
Hmmm..d pay issue is really a delicate 1.. sum times, I state a relatively low figure as I'm a fresh graduate competing against candidates with cognate experience who organizations tend to pay more interest on.I tink it's not a bad idea to overestimate if one is certain dat the HR Officer is very satisfied wit d answers provided prior to the pay discussion

(1) (Reply)

Whytecleon Invite For Machandiser / Latest SSCE, OND, HND & Bsc Job Vacancies In Nigeria (14th September 2014) / Flour Mill Test Invite, Who Else !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.