Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (92346 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
Do you think you are prepared for that job interview?
Ok, like everyone who has been invited for job interviews/tests. You are on your bed/table or sitting on the floor flipping that GMAT book from cover to cover trying to hang everything in your brain. The time is running fast, you are beginning to get scared like you are experiencing an examination fever. You called your fellow friend to ask for AOC (Area Of Concentration). To cut the story short, on the D-day, you got to where the interview/test would take place and instead of asking you to use the almighty formular to find a solution. You were asked a question like,

"If Mr Smith's peacock lays an egg in Mr Jones' yard, who owns the egg?"

How would you feel and what would be your answer as simple as it looks?

I discovered that most companies are not interested in whatever you are thought in school anymore. They wanna test and know how well you can think, grab, focus, understand, detect and help find solutions to their problems. They wanna know how you can help move them forward, how well you deal with challenges and how fast you can come up with ideas.
Its a global world where the uninformed would always remain the prey for the informed ones.

This thread has been created to help post some technical questions and its answers (not until we've tried tho) so as to help us have some backup preparations when preparing for a job interview..

12 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Answer to that question is: Peacocks don't lay eggs, Peahens do

37 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another technical question is:

Imagine you are driving a bus. When you start your trip there are an old lady named Johnson and a long-haired kid on the bus. At the first stop the lady leaves and a businessman enters. At the next stop Frankie, a young boy, enters with his little sister. Then three old ladies who have been shopping in the mall get on. After a short trip the long-haired kid leaves the bus and a man and lady enter. Paul with his dog Blue gets on, while Frankie and his sister get off, and, finally, the bus arrives at the bus station. What is the name of the bus driver?

5 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: Another technical question is:

Imagine you are driving a bus. When you start your trip there are an old lady named Johnson and a long-haired kid on the bus. At the first stop the lady leaves and a businessman enters. At the next stop Frankie, a young boy, enters with his little sister. Then three old ladies who have been shopping in the mall get on. After a short trip the long-haired kid leaves the bus and a man and lady enter. Paul with his dog Blue gets on, while Frankie and his sister get off, and, finally, the bus arrives at the bus station. What is the name of the bus driver?

ANSWER: Your name.. You are the one driving

6 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2012
If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have?

3 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have?

ANSWER: You have the four that you took.

9 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Mrs Brown's bungalow is decorated entirely in pink. The carpet, lampshades, ceiling, walls etc. are all pink. What color are her stairs?

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by uddyjay(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
Bungalows don't ve staircases ....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Oh boy! These questions are bomb!

5 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
uddyjay: Bungalows don't ve staircases ....

Superb! You know the drill

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
TEXZLEM: Oh boy! These questions are bomb!

Lol
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
If you had only one match, and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first?

3 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by barikay: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
I will light d wood first cos if i light d newspaper or my oil lamb and d light go off i can't get it back but i can always get d light on d wound. Crap 4 meeee

2 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Weirdone(m): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
barikay: I will light d wood first cos if i light d newspaper or my oil lamb and d light go off i can't get it back but i can always get d light on d wound. Crap 4 meeee
my take on this is - no match box = no light

3 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
barikay: I will light d wood first cos if i light d newspaper or my oil lamb and d light go off i can't get it back but i can always get d light on d wound. Crap 4 meeee

Wrong... Go over the question again

Crap for you.... Lol

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Weirdone:
my take on this is - no match box = no light

You are close... The match contains the match box and the match stick... That's a clue

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Weirdone(m): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee:

You are close... The match contains the match box and the match stick... That's a clue
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Weirdone(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee:

light the match b4 any other thing. Tn for the clue though

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Weirdone:
light the match b4 any other thing. Tn for the clue though

Yeah! That's right.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
How many animals of each sex did Moses take with him on the ark?
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Jarus(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Nothing concern serious job interviewers with all these questions, at least in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by BB013(m): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
Oh boy I be olodo I no even fit answer one question.. Choi!!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jarus: Nothing concern serious job interviewers with all these questions, at least in Nigeria.

You think so?
Ok what about this: "An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow?"

My brother has been asked this same question before during an oral interview with one of these telecoms company

3 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2012
@OP, do u have a job?

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jarus: Nothing concern serious job interviewers with all these questions, at least in Nigeria.

Don't forget that almost everything in Nigeria has been privatized.. So who are the ones coming to invest in nigeria? Are they not the foreigners?...
Any question can be asked. You could even be asked to state 5 different areas where you their company needs upgrade. They wanna know how well you know them....

1 Like

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee: If you had only one match, and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first?

Saw dis question in an NLNG internship test last year.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by chukxy44(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
D answer is 1. Male and female.
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
If you remove the IP from an iphone what are you now holding
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Prince15(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
Electric train no dey komot smoke!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by meritdee(m): 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2012
Imanuelle: @OP, do u have a job?

Sure sir... I work with AIM Group
Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by Kslib(m): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
meritdee:

You think so?
Ok what about this: "An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow?"

My brother has been asked this same question before during an oral interview with one of these telecoms company
An electric train does not blow smoke.. Remain small i for shout west...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews by KINGwax(m): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
Na so una go cram everythin, cram gmath, cram gmattress and enter work. You go enter now dey flip text book pages before surgery!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

United African State Job Real/fake / NNPC Recruitment 2012 Is Here! / UNILORIN Recruitment | The University Of Ilorin – August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.