Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? (1110 Views)

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by lonelydora: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
My recommended tyre size is 205/60R16 but I have been using 215/60R16 for almost 2 years now.
Car is 2003 Accord V6 EX-L.

Is there any negative effect it would have on the car performance?

I am thinking of changing my tyres back to the recommended. Although I have not noticed any handling problem since I started using the bigger tyre size.

Please house what's your opinion on this?
Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2014
The tyres you're running are just a bit wider I guess the car would be more balanced but you might have reduced fuel economy in city driving but better highway mileage. I can remember reading that somewhere.
Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Very negligible difference, no need to make a change but it depends on why you made the change originally.

I personally go for +2s on my cars. So I would have done 225/45/18 to reduce the sidewalls and increase cornering ability.

1 Like

Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by lonelydora: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
CityNG: Very negligible difference, no need to make a change but it depends on why you made the change originally.

I personally go for +2s on my cars. So I would have done 225/45/18 to reduce the sidewalls and increase cornering ability.

I asked a friend to help me buy 2 tyres while i was away. He mistakenly bought 215 instead of 205. I have been using it since then.
Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
lonelydora:

I asked a friend to help me buy 2 tyres while i was away. He mistakenly bought 215 instead of 205. I have been using it since then.

As long as you keep them on the same axle then they are fine.

(1) (Reply)

Bmw X5 Vs Mbw X6 / Nails, Screws, Bolts, And Metal Objects No Problem But A Bone?? Haba!! / What Signs Do One Look Out For To Know When A Car Is Due For Oil Change?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.