Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School (33597 Views)

Seun Kuti Shares Photos Of His Daughter On Her First Day Of School / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / 15 Notable People Who Dropped Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by rozayx5(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2014
LaurelP: Don't try it Naija
U won't be so lucky

go and preach this in the SE cheesy cheesy
they will use dollar and flog your mouth

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by omanifrank(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2014
galaxy52: No more sku b dat :-
sorry 4 u...
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by padeolu: 7:09am On Jul 23, 2014
Make mesef kuku dropout of skol
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Warlord3000(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Why u no post this early na..

Me sef for Don drop out Com become billionaire wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by bibiking7(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Ooookay.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Blackchampion(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
bigass: Nice to know
Now u hv known?
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by emmyw(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
brb
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

meaningless
like my dad said a degree is a meal ticket, if you wanna make billions or millions the business side of you must be at work
Seun Osewa will tell you otherwise
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by BlueBase: 7:11am On Jul 23, 2014
I dnt think it will be dat easy in a country like 9ja, they were just luckygrin
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by rozayx5(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Paroman: Seun Osewa will tell you otherwise

what will he say?
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by gbadexy(m): 7:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Only handful of drop-outs achieve this feat.
Its hard enough for a graduate in nigeria already not to talk of drop out.
I suggest combining education with entrepreneurship skills.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 23, 2014

“I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.”

― Bill Gates

11 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by princechrming(m): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2014
"Dropped out of school" in this context means most of them got so involved in their young business ventures which were starting to blossom as at then so as to be fully committed to growing their business and NOT in the Nigerian context of usually dropping out of school because of academical inadequacy or financial restraints.

I see young Nigerian folks consoling themselves with having very poor grades in school by saying "Even Bill Gates dropped out of school and is the richest man in the world" LOL! Bill Gates and most of these folks here were straight "A's" students all through school, Bill Gates' SAT scores still remains one of the highest score ever till date. Dropping out of school never meant most of them were "dull"

12 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

meaningless
like my dad said a degree is a meal ticket, if you wanna make billions or millions the business side of you must be at work
. My namesake long tyme
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi: Some silly peeps fail to get the story or the moral of the story.
Your life limitations should not limit your goal and vision. Education is not a gaurantee for success,its just the oil to make the journey to success smoother and easier.
Rely not upon the things/situation around you to define your destiny.
My prayer be say Baba God go carry me go higher level wey pass my qualification and skill. Grace combined with personal doggedness is unbeatable.

Chop knuckle.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by natureblack(m): 7:19am On Jul 23, 2014
usmanktg2: this is the 8485th time I am reading this
that goes as far to show you somebody somewhere is trying to justify the reason he or she dropped/want to drop out of college.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Christmasdon(m): 7:20am On Jul 23, 2014
I've seen tiis on the front page b4.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by GentleMimi: 7:21am On Jul 23, 2014
TheWholeTruth:

Chop knuckle.
*i chop am*. Lol!
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 23, 2014
I think it goes a long way to tell us dat u can achieve anyfin with God on ur side but my observation they only dropped out wen their breakthru was @ hand nd nided extra time to dedicate to making it excel. so no try am for naija oo unless u don dey c d mills for alert

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by tosingcfr(m): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2014
The first and second dropped out of Havard; dummies don't go there in the first place. Thay had something upstairs. Come to Nigeria self, there are some drop outs who are more intelligent than some supposed graduates

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 23, 2014
So,here is the reason why these school drop outs are billionaires

1.In the developed world,it is far easier to set up a business because light and water are constant.(In Nigeria,your overheads are eaten up by generator costs).

2.The education system in the developed world(at all levels). is good at training students in problem solving. As an example....the guy who invented that spray you saw used in the World Cup when free kicks were taken invented it after getting sent off for arguing with the ref about the position of the ball for a free kick in a game he was playing in....he is a footballer.(Now in Nigeria,we will never think of that because our education system is just facts in,facts out).

3.Western cities do their utmost best to make themselves attractive to investors.And they do this by improving themselves. Micorosoft has its HQ in a out of the way American town...because said town made themselves attractive (Nigeria? Most Nigerian communities are busy chasing away the non indigenes to care).

How can we have our Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg? Well, it starts by changing our education system into a problem solving one. Students in JSS2 in a school in the North,for example, can be given a barren infertile piece of land and told to grow maize on it aspart of their Agricultural Science practicals, instead of just planting maize in the school farm.....while students in SS2 can be given a project to improve maize yields in the same school farm. And in one year....you have a fresh crop of problem solvers.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by SirHouloo(m): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2014
Try it and be the trillionth person who never made it because he dropped out of school.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
though i admire these people, but in Naija, i dnt think u shld ever drop out of school. Coz someday, u will regret dat decision
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Blaqsmith(m): 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
@op,u forgot to add our very own 9ice.he dropped his Law ambition at Unilag back den to face music full time.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
ollah1:
“I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.”

― Bill Gates

Yes Bill.....because YOU were the creative thinker, the problem solver. And school exams unfortunately are quite limited in measuring both.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by blaxx: 7:27am On Jul 23, 2014
LaurelP: Don't try it Naija
U won't be so lucky
rephrasing... Do not try this in Nigeria. Hunger will kill you.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Freshpage(m): 7:28am On Jul 23, 2014
What is the essence of this story or article? For student to drop-out of sch? Frm what i read, these people r nt ordinary dropouts. They'r computer gurus. People wit great intellect...
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 23, 2014

2 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Project400: 7:33am On Jul 23, 2014
Interesting smiley
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

what will he say?
that Jesus christ is Lord grin grin
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by HFOG(f): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi: Some silly peeps fail to get the story or the moral of the story.
Your life limitations should not limit your goal and vision. Education is not a gaurantee for success,its just the oil to make the journey to success smoother and easier.
Rely not upon the things/situation around you to define your destiny.
My prayer be say Baba God go carry me go higher level wey pass my qualification and skill. Grace combined with personal doggedness is unbeatable.
Yes ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bobrisky: Charles Awurum Blasts Producers For Bringing Bobrisky Into Nollywood / Eucharia Anunobi And Monalisa Chinda At Project Tourism Launch In Abuja / Mr Ibu And Daughter Reconcile With Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.