Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,112 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Chime: Why My Deputy Must Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime: Why My Deputy Must Go (766 Views)

Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. / I Never Slapped My Deputy − El-rufai / Ekweremadu’s Emergence As My Deputy Is Unfortunate And Painful – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chime: Why My Deputy Must Go by mej67: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
http://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/07/why-my-deputy-must-gosullivan-chime.html?m=1

"However, in a swift reaction to the impeachment notice served on his deputy, Governor Sullivan Chime yesterday said he had given the deputy governor the option of resigning from his position before the commencement of the impeachment proceedings against him by the House of Assembly.
Speaking exclusively with THISDAY on telephone, Chime said before the problem between him and his deputy blew open, he had tolerated a whole lot from him all in a bid to protect “our common family, called the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)”.
He said rather than possibly accept the option of resigning and show remorse over his activities, the deputy governor remained defiant.

He said his deputy had severally engaged in acts aimed at undermining him as a governor, but he decided to turn a blind eye to his activities in the overall interest of the state.
He also noted that only recently, the deputy governor had assembled some council chairmen and warned them not to take instructions from him (governor) since “I had barely one year to leave office”.
“By the time I open my mouth, everybody will be shocked to know what has been happening between my deputy and I in the past years. It has actually come to a point where we need to know who is actually the boss because we can no longer work together.
“Let the House of Assembly do their job and see if indeed he is fit to remain as the deputy governor of the state. How can I ask my deputy to represent me in a meeting of the South-east Governors' Forum where the deputy governors of Anambra represented his governor; I think the deputy governor of Imo State also represented his governor and my own chose to go and play football saying that he was not informed,” he said.
He also dismissed insinuations that the impeachment proceedings had anything to do with the deputy governor's rumoured senatorial ambition for Enugu East senatorial seat.

“What's the link? We are saying he has refused to do his work and even had to tell me to my face that what is happening to him is because of his ambition. My brother, let me tell you clearly that it has no link. He has been going round Abuja telling people all manners of things, but by the time I open up, Nigerians will know that nobody else could take what I've taken from him,” he said.
Meanwhile, worried that the gale of impeachment is unsettling the polity, PDP has cautioned its legislators against joining the impeachment bandwagon
Re: Chime: Why My Deputy Must Go by mej67: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
So it's nothing to do with chicken poultry. Thank God. The House of Assembly should better drop that one from the list. Abeg
Re: Chime: Why My Deputy Must Go by Caseless: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
I truely like chime. But i still feel it is because of that senatorial slot he want to reserve for his chief of staff and which the deputy governor is eyeing that's causing this rancour.
Re: Chime: Why My Deputy Must Go by otil1: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
Can somebody please confirm that the Gov is fine and with his full faculties. I insist there is something sinister about this Gov say.

Crucify me (as usual) but I don't trust that statement coming from the governor. First, does he have to clarify? That talking to press is unnecessary and has not even helped. Because, now we know its not about chicken. Again, this is a man know to avoid press like plague, answering directly to ThisDay, not his Press Secretary or Media advisers. I no gree.

I usually don't get excited about Chime because I am one of those that believe he ought to have spread development around the State instead of the beautification of just the Enugu city centre. But in this matter, if truly he doesn't want his deputy anymore, its just best to have him get someone he can work with. That is if he is the one talking

Let me examine some queer items.

"He also noted that only recently, the deputy governor had assembled some council chairmen and warned them not to take instructions from him (governor) since “I had barely one year to leave office”. eh! Onyebuchi did this O dikwa egwu. The Onyebuchi we all know cannot even summon a meeting of his ummunna talkless of the powerful mayors. I no gree

“By the time I open my mouth,...." This is gutter language. I don't believe Gov Chime will speak with such mannerism. An aristocrat blue blood, experienced lawyer, experienced governor like him I no gree

Meanwhile, does it not sound like he is offering a threat. I.e., in event that the impeachment fails.... he will then open his mouth Expose who?? Onyebuchi or who I say I no gree

"My brother, let me tell you....." what?!! which brother, ThisDay reporter Never heard him talk like this. This is not Chime speak. Quote me.

"I think the deputy governor of Imo State also represented his governor and my own..." Think?!!! yes, he was not around to attend, but has he not been briefed to know for sure and he "thinks", for a meeting always held in Enugu in his chambers shocked Ewoo.

Overall, it may just be a cloned effort my his aides. So are we sure he is there and awake to things?

Gross misconduct is not taking governors instruction, I agree. But Onyebuchi was quoted in the press as saying he would not take instruction from a junior officer, meaning, that the instruction was not given to him by the governor, in person.

I will like to be proven wrong.

Let someone go check his bedroom o!!!

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Deputy Governor To Be Impeached For Rearing Chickens In Govt. House / Boko Haram’s Sitting Ducks / What You Like Or Hate About Nairaland. Share Your Thoughts Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.