Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,071 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni (4495 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Am Studying Pure And Applied Physics, Where Can I Work? / Do O.a.u Accept Students From Private Polytechnic For Direct Entry (d.e) Admissiom Cos Am Studying A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
i took jamb in the 2012 i was going for economics at UNN but i didnt meet the cutoff the same year one federal university advertised a newly accredited course which was not my intention to study from the outset i applied and the gave me admission i settled for the course ; but my problem is the discouragement i always got from my parents because the say words like try to change that course because the think is a waste of resources the problem is that am in 200 hundred level and the jamb i wrote in 2013 was not good please fellow nairalanders help me out with your candid advise please this is really affecting my academic work and commitment to what am doing is lacking
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by wharlzywee(m): 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Incomplete post....d name of d course?

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by DermalCarotene(f): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, i agree with the previous poster.. What's the name of your present course??
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Greenified(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
cry Oh Lawd! It's Course not Cause

7 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: i took jamb in the 2012 i was going for economics at UNN but i didnt meet the cutoff the same year one federal university advertised a newly accredited course which was not my intention to study from the outset i applied and the gave me admission i settled for the course ; but my problem is the discouragement i always got from my parents because the say words like try to change that course because the think is a waste of resources the problem is that am in 200 hundred level and the jamb i wrote in 2013 was not good please fellow nairalanders help me out with your candid advise please this is really affecting my academic work and commitment to what am doing is lacking

Your post is incoherent e.g from inappropriate punctuation, spellings, jampacking of words and many more. undecided

John 11:35 cry

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by rattlesnake(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
They are right

16 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
library science
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
i need encouragement
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
i seriously need post that can motivate me
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by chiimdee: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
Greenified: cry Oh Lawd! It's Course not Cause
Took the words straight outta my mouth
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by VocalWalls: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: i seriously need post that can motivate me

Never be in a haste to become a 'university student'
Its not always about how far, but how well.

Snap back to reality, how old are you? Is age on your side? How good are your grades?

A good result in library science is enough to keep you going, however do not forget that some graduates that studied professional courses are still unemployed.

Build yourself! That's what counts!

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Sethuncahier(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
Please get this right! Its not only about the course you study that makes you SUCCEED,its about your own positive ability to SUCCEED. I have seem people studying minor course like YORUBA working in big companies with high paying salaries. A person studied HISTORY and he's a Chief Director of a State Ministry. First of all,discover your talents,skills,what you're interested most in and studied about it.. Before that,imagined what you wanted to become in future! Then,relate it with your course LIBRARY SCIENCE.. Say to yourself "How Can I Become What I Want To Become With This Library Science?" Study about the benefits of LIBRARY SCIENCE,think about how you can become Rich and Successful with it. I'm sure you will get answers, let your mind be positive! Your mind is key to your success! Be optimistic! I will recommend that you should read this book "THINK AND GROW RICH by Napoleon Hill" it will really motivate you! You're free to ask more questions. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
It is ''curse'' not cause!!..

#lol.. Na joku o.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hummm...want the truth? try the next UME.

...I aint saying u cant mak it with the course you re studying! you can but it is only by GOD's grace! but then ask yourself, is this the will of God for you?

I wont blame your parents you know? imagine them telling a frd or colleague that their son is in the Uni, and when asked what course he is studying...they start stammering or they could even lie!

whichever way, follow your heart, but with your Brain.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
VocalWalls:

Snap back to reality, how old are you? Is age on your side? How good are your grades?

A good result in library science is enough to keep you going, however do not forget that some graduates that studied professional courses are still unemployed.

i will turn 21 in october
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by fabiomatic(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
Oguntimmy: It is ''curse'' not cause!!..

course pls

1 Like

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
Oguntimmy: It is ''curse'' not cause!!..

Who "Cursed" who?
Its "course" o jare.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
sholasholala:
Who "Cursed" who?
Its "course" o jare.
lol... Na joke...o
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by bighead1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
dear poster

in my best opinion, please go for your heart desires and make sure that you are not distracted by what they say like age is not on your side and those bulshit.

please do whatever it is that your hear deems fits best for you.

i did the same thing by doing a course i didn't like, lo and behold, i regret this till date.
Now i'm starting all over again at all cost.
i'd rather do what i love and not get a job than do what i don't and be a slave.

if you do whatever you love you will go the extra mile to accomplish your dreams, even if they say it is hard, you will always find it easy owing to the passion you have for the course.

please pm me and let me give you a piece of advise.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Olami90: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
i am findin it difficult to bliv dt d post is comin frm a university undergradute.
som pple wil com here soon to say if e no b university, e no fit b any other qualification.
they av forgotten dt it is nt degrees dt maks a man.
mtcheww.

OP there is no problem wit wot u are studying .u jst av to develop urself to be d best.b good @ wot u are doing.
left to me, i wil suggest u write jamb again to giv u chance to equip urself nd improve on ur communicatn skills.
No insult meant pls.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by femidejulius(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Okay... Let me help you

Ur parents have a good reason to think u won't succeed and believe me, u aren't most possibly going to succeed or excel in life if you think d course u study will bring you success. Now pay attention.. There was a time studying in the university automatically leads to a successful, fulfilled life. The bad news is that not anymore.

Think of money. Think of fame. People who attended universities (and other tertiary schools) are having less and less of it while dos drop-outs, those who didn't finish sch or dos academically less serious are having much more money and fame.
It no longer matter what you study in school. What matters now is what you have to offer;your talents, what u are good at, what u can do better than odas. Discover yourself. Go for training. Persevere. Stop believing in certificate. U can become really great (of course not by the certificate u will obtain).

Use your life to prove your parents wrong. Become more successful than they can ever imagine u become with their preferred course of study. U can do it. My question however is : Are you willing?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
VocalWalls:

am on 3.38 cgpa i know i would do better if am motivated
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
femidejulius: Okay... Let me help you

Ur parents have a good reason to think u won't succeed and believe me, u aren't most possibly going to succeed or excel in life if you think d course u study will bring you success. Now pay attention.. There was a time studying in the university automatically leads to a successful, fulfilled life. The bad news is that not anymore.

Think of money. Think of fame. People who attended universities (and other tertiary schools) are having less and less of it while dos drop-outs, those who didn't finish sch or dos academically less serious are having much more money and fame.
It no longer matter what you study in school. What matters now is what you have to offer;your talents, what u are good at, what u can do better than odas. Discover yourself. Go for training. Persevere. Stop believing in certificate. U can become really great (of course not by the certificate u will obtain).

Use your life to prove your parents wrong. Become more successful than they can ever imagine u become with their preferred course of study. U can do it. My question however is : Are you willing?
please sir i dont know where you are coming i mean your last sentence
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
Oguntimmy: lol... Na joke...o
Better
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
They think so becuase u have issues with spellings. I would beat u up till u faint if u were my ward! How dare you spell 'course' as 'cause' ? Stupid!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

Your post is incoherent e.g from inappropriate punctuation, spellings, jampacking of words and many more. undecided

John 11:35 cry
the guy dey vex me! Laziness! How will he pass JAMB when he is not deligent enough to communicate? Gosh! FrancisTony wept though.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
sisiafrika: the guy dey vex me! Laziness! How will he pass JAMB when he is not deligent enough to communicate? Gosh! FrancisTony wept though.

You don't know the content of John 11:35 ? undecided
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: am on 3.38 cgpa i know i would do better if am motivated
shut up! Its " I'm " not " am ". I'm is the short of 'I am'. 'Am' doesn't come in!

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Lero15(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Just make sure u have a first class or 2-1, and pray for no delay or strike @ skl! Period!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by VocalWalls: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: am on 3.38 cgpa i know i would do better if am motivated

A 2^1 will be a lifeline

Please sit up
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by VocalWalls: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
sisiafrika: shut up! Its " I'm " not " am ". I'm is the short of 'I am'. 'Am' doesn't come in!

Be mild.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
VocalWalls:

Be mild..
God pass u! Oya put it down!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) / Water Scarcity In Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda / See Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Who Proposed And Weren't Detained (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.