Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up (41960 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line Up Vs Milan, Scores A Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by lastpage: 6:53am On Jul 24, 2014
2sExy1: that snail was never an entertaining 10. The guy popsy or mumsy juju strong abeg... Imagine people hyping the snail and each time I watch him play, I fail to see the scintillating or alluring flavor he is attributed with... Juju abeg.

You are very wrong Bro!

You need to go back and watch the FIFA under 19 game that featured "The Snail" and "World Best" Lionel Messi.
Infact, dont just watch that final game, watch all the Nigeria games that took us to that final against Argentina .... and come back here to tell us if you still think that way!

Do you remember that Man U and Chelsea were fighting over who will have him from his Norwegian club? (with another player, l think Tevez)
Honestly, as someone who played the game to some level, "The Snail" was very good (in those days) and l was confident that he would easily take over and be even better than the mercurial Jay-Jay because he completely dominated and stamped his authority on that mid-field (which is where l play too grin ).

But when Chelsea put some millions into his account, like most Nigerian players from very poor moral and fInancial background, HE WAS BLOWN AWAY!
He started acting like "Mr. Big Man".
You know in Nigeria, "Big Men" dont hussle, they dont shout, they dont run, they are not accountable to anyone, patriotism is not in their dictionary, they are not 'hungry' for anything, they dont stress themselves and they just "take it easy"! shocked shocked

He forgot it was those things that brought him the money and glory .... and "salt that looses its taste ceases to be salt anymore"!

Trust me, Mikel Slowbie is another "arrested development".

Lastpage!

13 Likes

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Wao! Very good.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by LordCenturion(m): 6:56am On Jul 24, 2014
the boy is blessing to Nigeria, hope man city can loan him out for more experience

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by nickz(m): 7:00am On Jul 24, 2014
if this dude walks into the mancity first XI and starts bossing before he is 19,
then his path is clear to become one of africa's best ,
if this guy no go nation's cup next year ehn
i go be_head anybody wey start my name with "N"
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Urine: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2014
olajide8: I hope he keeps up, it remains chrisantos our prolific strike at the under 17 then, where is he? - haven't they sold mikel to melodi sundowns of south africa yet? Or better - blackburn rovers? B4 they say I am to biased-

I'm a big fan of Chrisantus, the last time I saw him play was last year for a spanish second division side. He bagged a hatrick in that game, his finishing skills was still sharp and he ended up having a decent record for the team. Good thing is he just moved to Sivasspor in the Turkish league, hopefully we will hear more about him.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by berbs113(f): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2014
Chai! Dis Jedi bitter ooooo
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by pomporiking: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2014
If you like score 13goals for pre season that one no mean sey d guy go near first team.he needs to go out on loan
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by eldega: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2014
superb performance

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Urine: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2014
LordCenturion: the boy is blessing to Nigeria, hope man city can loan him out for more experience

I totally agree with you, this lad needs to play for Ajax or PSV for a season or two. He will become a beast by the time he his 20.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by youngice(m): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2014
spenx084: If only he was in Arsenal FC......Coach Wenger is the master of bringing up young stars...MAN City big names wont let his boy come close to first 11 for years to come because they will prefer to buy already made stars than giving youth a chance.
as in
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by berbs113(f): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2014
lastpage:

You are very wrong Bro!

You need to go back and watch the FIFA under 19 game that featured "The Snail" and "World Best" Lionel Messi.
Infact, dont just watch that final game, watch all the Nigeria games that took us to that final against Argentina .... and come back here to tell us if you still think that way!

Do you remember that Man U and Chelsea were fighting over who will have him from his Norwegian club? (with another player, l think Tevez)
Honestly, as someone who played the game to some level, "The Snail" was very good (in those days) and l was confident that he would easily take over and be even better than the mercurial Jay-Jay because he completely dominated and stamped his authority on that mid-field (which is where l play too grin ).

But when Chelsea put some millions into his account, like most Nigerian players from very poor moral and fInancial background, HE WAS BLOWN AWAY!
He started acting like "Mr. Big Man".
You know in Nigeria, "Big Men" dont hussle, they dont shout, they dont run, they are not accountable to anyone, patriotism is not in their dictionary, they are not 'hungry' for anything, they dont stress themselves and they just "take it easy"! shocked shocked

He forgot it was those things that brought him the money and glory .... and "salt that looses its taste ceases to be salt anymore"!

Trust me, Mikel Slowbie is another "arrested development".

Lastpage!
fhuck mikel Obi! He go clear for hin eye soon.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Urine: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2014
eldega: superb performance

Did you notice something? He was called a trialist in that commentary, the writer also said he isn't City's player yet. I'm a bit confused.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by gaetano: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2014
The has nice dribbling. His work ethic was awesome, also a wonderful passer. The boi is good jare. He may not be a starter in the premier league but i see him starting games in the carling cup. #proudly_Nigerian

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by vanndubi: 7:23am On Jul 24, 2014
I said it when this boy was included in the pre-season tour team that he reminds me of kanu. Back in 1994, young kanu fresh from Ajax feeder team, scored in a crucial match against Hajduk of Croatia.

Maybe "Iheanacho" is what the super eagles are "looking for" to complete Kanu's mission- winning the world cup!

He should remain focused as his coach advised.

2 Likes

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by eldega: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2014
Urine:

Did you notice something? He was called a trialist in that commentary, the writer also said he isn't City's player yet. I'm a bit confused.

i was a bit confuse reading it too......sound as if mancity have not sign him and if datz d case......wat a good way to put ursef in the market

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by signz: 7:30am On Jul 24, 2014
tbaba1234: He will be loaned out this season.

The work permit is not ready, he couldn't play in scotland and was not named on their website.

He can only play outside the UK at the moment.

He should be loaned to a Dutch team. There he'll develop better.

I pray fame and money doesn't enter his head. NFF should ask super eagles players still plying there trade in UK to look after him. grin
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by frainc(m): 7:31am On Jul 24, 2014
That is my buy
Although I never knew he will score
But I was confidence that his first outing with city will be good
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Urine: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2014
eldega:

i was a bit confuse reading it too......sound as if mancity have not sign him and if datz d case......wat a good way to put ursef in the market

I totally agree with your last statement.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Geobenny(m): 7:34am On Jul 24, 2014
The lad is a rare gem in the country,he should be encourage.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by OmoEziokwu: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2014
A clearer video of the goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cRTU8hALTg
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by nifton(m): 7:43am On Jul 24, 2014
Wen i said dis boi shud av been at d world cup in place of mikel, pple crucified me dat he is too tender and inexperienced.Abeg dat guy dat came off d bench and scored d US only goal against d Red devil no be 16 im dey.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by seankay(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2014
eldega:

Lol your a trialist if your yet to sign a professional contract with the clubs.youth players sign this contract when they are 16 or 17 years.I think the reason for his delay might be work permit which am sure he's gon get. A certain Chelsea fc younster, betrand traore was also in his shoes last season and he was finally signed up last january*** iheanacho being called a trialist is nothing to be worried about.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by johnbosco97(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2014
[/color]
joseph1013: [color=#550000]
Defintely the best player on display today. Outstanding performance. Showed no nerves.

The goalkeeper was on alert to save some fantastic shots from him particularly the incisive breakaway in the 15th min when he curled a well-drilled shot at the edge of the box which the goalie expertly tipped around the box.

It's a shame though that he might not continue on the US tour owing to his visa issues.

His talents is definitely not in doubt! And I'm proud he's a Nigerian!

I am also proud he is an Igbo boy

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by haryomikun(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2014
vokalguy: Watching the game at the monet, I know it is just a friendly but ladies and gentlemen, I can say we have a gem in our hands! Now lets hope he can get game time, that is very important at this point in time. For a 17 year old, he is confident on the ball, not scared to take shots, knows how to dribble, ready to distribute the killer pass that will unlock a defense... and he is just 17!!!
And Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ got 17 likes!
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by haryomikun(m): 8:00am On Jul 24, 2014
haibe: Goal Kelechi Iheanacho

GOOAAALLL!!! KELECHI IHEANACHO GETS HIS GOAL!!! He
has been City's best player this evening and he's not even
their player yet! The Nigerina Iheanacho connects sweetly
with a cut-back form Navas and sends the ball low into the
corner from the edge of the area to put the icing on a top
performance. If I were Pellegrini, I wouldn't be leaving
Sporting Park without his signature.
Ma guy, Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ must be a confirm nairabet player
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by kechywillz(m): 8:01am On Jul 24, 2014
boy go ahead n do ur thing,from today hence forth,go score goals rampantly,ur foot is blessed,shine on boy
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Dbestmax(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2014
Way 2 go boy....Its in You
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by slap1(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2014
That jersey number though...
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by dondavidson(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2014
Goal Kelechi Iheanacho
GOOAAALLL!!! KELECHI IHEANACHO GETS HIS
GOAL!!! He has been City's best player this
evening and he's not even their player yet! The
Nigerina Iheanacho connects sweetly with a
cut-back form Navas and sends the ball low into the corner from the edge of the area to put the
icing on a top performance. If I were Pellegrini, I
wouldn't be leaving Sporting Park without his
signature.

from goal.com commentary
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by ManTiger(m): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2014
Someone blasted me when i said this boy should be given a world cup slot. I see in him a Monster, Micheal Oven was 16yrs Old when he has a world cup debut in 1998 and he made exploit.
Now we have a Messi made in Africa!
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by misterjosh(m): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2014
Oh my goodnessssssss!!! I can't bilivit I'm on ze front page, greatest feeling ever. Am just waking up, I slept late cos of ze match. Congrats to Iheanacho I see him playing quite regularly in EPL nxt season. Special thanks to PHCN for honouring our agreement nd also etisalat for ze smooth network, biggest thanks to GOD for allowing me to be alaif this moment.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:41am On Jul 24, 2014
Not sure city is the right place for him though. Wish he was at southampton, ajax, psv or even porto.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor / Why Did Xhaka & Shaqiri Celebrate By Making 'double Eagle' Signs Against Serbia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.