Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms (435738 Views)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms / Unfulfilled Promises' Ebook On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Mercyesse(f): 8:54am On Aug 12, 2014
Nyc writeup. Keep it up. Im realy enjoyin dis
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2014
bibie01: Oleng, why? Why did you give collins ur number? Well, change ur sim cos I don't want collins calling you n give Dave a chance.

Nice one Audrey, thank you. GoodNight.
. Tanx dear. Hmm....u r beginning 2 giv me ideas o! I threw collins out of d story afta dt scene cos his purpose ws jst 2 make Oleng call Dave jst a friend. Hmm....it wdnt hurt if Dave had competition, wud it? Though dre's anoda competitor comin up!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:50am On Aug 12, 2014
morsadh: smileyThank you Audrey
. U r welcome dear. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2014
Mercyesse: Nyc writeup. Keep it up. Im realy enjoyin dis
. Tanx dear. I'm glad u r enjoying it
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by almacherish(f): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2014
Hey anty timms.... Cool story.... Is d competitor eric... Jxt guessing
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2014
almacherish: Hey anty timms.... Cool story.... Is d competitor eric... Jxt guessing
. Tanx dear. Ur guess is as gud as mine. D competitor will b revealed soon
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Holubunmi(f): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmmm.......i think with dis oleng will knw wat dave has in store 4 her........i hope she doesn't turn dave down
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by halfcaste1: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
*Leaving ghost mode*

Can't believe u guys r rooting 4 Dave. I dnt send him @ all. Am 4 #TeamEric cos I smell sardine sumwre.

Who b dis? Collins? Wetin e dey do 4 hre? E no c e fellow virgin abi? Idiaaaat! Its gud u threw him out of d story. Abeg no resurrect am again o!

Audrey, hw far na? Com and update na.

2 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
Holubunmi: Hmmmm.......i think with dis oleng will knw wat dave has in store 4 her........i hope she doesn't turn dave down
I hpe so 2. Tanx 4 following and commenting

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
halfcaste1: *Leaving ghost mode*

Can't believe u guys r rooting 4 Dave. I dnt send him @ all. Am 4 #TeamEric cos I smell sardine sumwre.

Who b dis? Collins? Wetin e dey do 4 hre? E no c e fellow virgin abi? Idiaaaat! Its gud u threw him out of d story. Abeg no resurrect am again o!

Audrey, hw far na? Com and update na.
Hahaha! Team Eric indid! Babes, Eric is past tense 4 Oleng o! Better start liking Dave. I mite resurrect Collins just 2 make Dave sit up. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
When she heard his foot steps, she returned the phone to its original position and sat back. She was relieved to see that he had adorned a t-shirt and trousers.
He placed a chilled canned drink before her and sat down beside her.

“Thank you.” she said smiling.

“You’re welcome.”

“Dave, I actually came to apologize for what happened last week. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

“It’s okay, Oleng. I’ve already forgotten about it.” he shrugged nonchalantly.

“You haven’t. You haven’t called or sent me a message or even flashed me since that day.”

“I‘ve been very busy. I went to the field this week.”

“You’ve never been too busy to send me a message or tell me you were going out of town in the past.” she accused softly.

He was silent at that. After a while, he said, “I wanted you to miss me. I wanted you to know my worth. I wanted to see if I was really just a friend to you. It took you a whole week to want to reconcile with me, Oleng.”

“But you know the nature of my job, Dave. You know it’s very demanding. I tried calling you but it was either switched off or you wouldn’t answer it.”

“I was still angry with you.”

“Are you still angry now?”

He smiled. “No. Seeing you here finally made my anger dissipate.”

“Thank God. I really am sorry.”

“It’s alright. How was your week?”

She blew into the air. “Hectic as usual. I opened accounts on the system till my fingers ached. And those customers can be pretty annoying when you don’t answer them on time. That our Head of Operations is a real slave driver.”

He laughed “He must be related to mine. I can understand yours. I mean because of your beauty he’ll always want you around him, but me? I don’t know why my boss wants me dead.”

Oleng laughed. “He understands you have great potentials and wants you to get to the top like him.”

“Super story.” he joked and they both laughed.

There was silence again and Oleng sipped from her drink.

“Oleng,” he called softly not looking at her.

“Yes,” her curiosity was piqued. Was he about to tell her what she had just found out?

“I’ll be traveling home next weekend.”

“Really? What for? Don’t tell me you are missing your mum’s cooking?” she teased.

He laughed. “No. I just want to tidy up a few things there.”

“Like what?” she innocently asked but was surprised when he looked at her uneasily.

“Actually my dad was the one who sent for me.”

“Dave, you and I both know you don’t know how to lie. You’re not accustomed to it. Are you planning on going out of town with your girlfriend? It’s okay by me if you’re too shy to say so.”

He was astonished. “But you know I don’t have a girlfriend. So what are you talking about?”

“Then why are you lying to me?” she accused.

He was silent again. “I didn’t mean to lie to you. I wanted to spare your feelings.”

“Spare my feelings? In what way?” she was bewildered.

“Zinny called me during the week. Eric is coming to Nigeria next week. She, Marvy and Eddy wants us all to get together.” he finally said.

4 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by bibie01(f): 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
AudreyTimms: . Tanx dear. Hmm....u r beginning 2 giv me ideas o! I threw collins out of d story afta dt scene cos his purpose ws jst 2 make Oleng call Dave jst a friend. Hmm....it wdnt hurt if Dave had competition, wud it? Though dre's anoda competitor comin up!

Nah, it wudnt hurt. But I don't want collins.
Btw, nice update. Can't wait to get her reactions.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by ully: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hi, better late than never. Luvin ur story. U've stoped updating often as before when u started the story. why?
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by morsadh(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lord! I knew IT!!!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
bibie01:

Nah, it wudnt hurt. But I don't want collins.
Btw, nice update. Can't wait to get her reactions.
Dis ur beef 4 collins strong o! Wetin d guy do u? grin Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by estellar12(f): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
angry Wea z Collins coming from, mstcheew
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
ully: Hi, better late than never. Luvin ur story. U've stoped updating often as before when u started the story. why?
Ha! Sum1 hs noticed o! Am I in trouble? grin I'm sory abt dt. I'm working on my next story and wen am writing, I tend 2 4get my environment. I get lost in my story bt I'll improve. Tanx 4d observatn and 4 following
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
morsadh: Lord! I knew IT!!!
Lol!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
estellar12: angry Wea z Collins coming from, mstcheew
. Hahaha! Dis one wey evrybdy no lyk Collins so! I beta nt resurrect him den.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Incredibleme: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
oooo! Timms d suspense is too much naw, u sure know how to keep people spell bound.

nd just to mention, ur updates are kinda short nowadays.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
Incredibleme: oooo! Timms d suspense is too much naw, u sure know how to keep people spell bound.

nd just to mention, ur updates are kinda short nowadays.
. Hahaha! Tanx dear. Sory abt d updates. Pls rid my explanation 2 ully bt lyk u said its 2 hold u guys spell bound! grin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
She was dumbfounded. “I called her. She didn’t tell me anything.”

“When I asked her if she had told you, she said you made them promise never to mention his name near you again. That was why she didn’t tell you.”

“I see.” was all she said. She was too hurt to speak.

“Oleng, please come with me. Let’s go together so it would be like old times.”

“I can’t.” she said shortly.

“Please. You can sort out your differences with Eric there. This feud between you two has gone on long enough. We'll help both of you sort things out.” he said with exasperation.

“What if I don’t want to sort out my differences with him? What if I want this feud between us to go on forever? I don’t want him to just apologize and that would be the end of it. Will sorry take away all the pain I went through? We can never be together again. Moreover he lied to Eddy that I was the one who broke up with him just to save face.” she rushed out in anger.

“What did he do to you?” Dave asked with fury.

Oleng just shrugged. “Forget it, Dave. I’m not going with you.”

“Why won’t you tell me what he did to you? I’ve always believed Eric to be a gentleman but now I don’t know what to believe anymore.” he was obviously confused.

“Appearances can be deceptive. Anyway, don’t bother about me. Just go there and enjoy yourself.” she smiled falsely.

“But it won’t be the same without you.”

“Well, that’s the price I have to pay for falling in love with the wrong person.” she said sadly making Dave shake his head continuously.

Oleng smiled brightly all of a sudden. “Go get dressed. We’re going out. My treat.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Really. I’m not busy today and neither are you, so let’s make the most of it since you won’t be here next weekend.”

“Alright. Give me five minutes.”

“Arighty!” She jovially said and took the remote to increase the volume of the sound system.

Oleng was very jittery the following week. She couldn’t stop thinking of the fact that all her friends would be together by the weekend excluding her. She kept remembering the good old days; how they would gather at the canteen eating, drinking and having fun. She had to admit that she was curious to see Eric. She believed he would be more handsome now. She wondered if he was married or planning to. People like Eric didn’t stay single for long because every girl would want to call him her own. She daydreamed if they had still been together. She was positive that they would have been engaged or even married by now. Tears rolled down her eyes at the thought of it.

Eric had been so sweet. Why had he been so callous all of a sudden? It galled her to think of the fact that he had probably been pretending then just to get her defenses down in order to sleep with her. Well, he had succeeded but just that once because she wouldn’t be a fool for him again.

She couldn’t help the feeling of betrayal she felt towards all of them for having fun without her. She shook it off though. It wasn’t their fault that things hadn’t worked out between her and Eric. She held herself from calling Zinny, Marvy and Dave over the weekend.

Collins called and they hung out. He was his usual charming self but she was so distracted by what she felt was going on in Port Harcourt without her that she was poor company. He was very disappointed but there was nothing she could about it. They rescheduled the date for another day.

She was surprised when Dave didn’t return on Sunday evening but came back on Monday morning. She couldn’t talk to him because he had to go to work. She couldn’t stop herself from going over to his place that evening though it was late. She couldn’t dispute the fact that she wanted to hear all the details however gory it might be to her.

When she got to his place, she was ushered in by a smiling Dave. She refused his offer for a drink. After a minute silence, she asked,

“Well, how was it?”

“It was cool. I had a wonderful time.” He simply said.

She waited but when he didn’t say anything, she said, “Well, aren’t you going to give me the details?”

He was surprised. “You really want to know?”

“Sure. I wouldn’t have asked if it weren’t okay by me”

“Alright.” he said smiling. “It was great. It was wonderful. We had a lot of fun. We went to Genesis and spent the whole night talking and fooling around. The following day, we went to Eric’s house and spent the whole day there. It was awesome. You need to see Eric now. If you thought Eric was handsome before then you are mistaken now because he is drop dead gorgeous, no homo. He’s taller, his skin is glowing more than ever. His slight accent of those days is now more pronounced.

Eric is now a big boy. He works in a major construction company over there. He's planning on coming back to Nigeria to settle down permanently. That guy has girls drooling over him. Everywhere we went, they didn’t bother looking at Eddy and I. He was the centre of attention but you know Eric not being a womanizer, didn’t even have their time. He had eyes for us alone. He even...” he rattled on but stopped all of a sudden and looked at her.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go on and on about Eric like that. I forgot that…..” he trailed off.

With a light shrug she said, “It’s okay.”

“We had fun like we used to do back then but it wasn’t the same without you. We missed you but we all kept it to ourselves.”

She nodded and cleared her throat.

“Did…Did he….I mean did he….” She couldn’t ask the question. She looked down at the floor.

“Did he ask of you?” he guessed.

She nodded her head slowly.

5 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Incredibleme: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
urgh!!! Damn u timms u r at it again :-@
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
Incredibleme: urgh!!! Damn u timms u r at it again :-@

grin
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 12:01am On Aug 13, 2014
Dave looked away.

“No. He didn’t and we didn’t want to ruin everything by mentioning you. Zinny made a slip and mentioned your name once. The silence had been deafening. Eric’s phone had saved the day by ringing then. I tried. I tried to talk to him about you but there was no time for that. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” she said again and smiled a little. So he hadn’t dimmed it fit to ask about his ex-girlfriend. She didn’t blame him though. He probably had a string of girls over there considering the way Dave had described him, so why bother about an old flame?

She imagined if she had been there with them. It would have been wonderful. She was so disoriented that she picked up her phone and started playing with it while Dave stared at her in silence. She mistakenly hit her dialed calls button and began calling Dave 'cause she had called him before coming over. Before she realized what she had done, his phone had already started ringing. She was astonished when the ringing tone was ‘My first love’ by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross.

Dave looked at her with horror. She looked at his phone which was beside her on the sofa and of course saw ‘My only love’ which she had seen at her last visit.

Dave quickly took the phone and ended the call. He got up and walked away from her with his hands in fists saying angrily, ‘S*h*i*t! S*h*i*t! S*h*i*t!”

4 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Costlybabe: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2014
eh yah,dave secrets is d open o,audrey please give us eric side of d story na,im in love wit dis,pls i need breakfast oo
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by morsadh(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2014
Hahahahaha! Caught with the hand deep in the choco jar!

2 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2014
Costlybabe: eh yah,dave secrets is d open o,audrey please give us eric side of d story na,im in love wit dis,pls i need breakfast oo
Lol! Dnt worry, Eric's side of d story will soon come up bt dis story is rily abt Oleng. Wen I publish it, I tink I'll rename it 'Oleng'. Am abt updating. Tanx 4 following and commenting
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2014
morsadh: Hahahahaha! Caught with the hand deep in the choco jar!
Lol!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2014
After a while, Davee turned around to look at her and said,
“Hmm....you’ve finally found out. Yes. You’re my first and only love. I’ve loved you from the very day I set eyes on you; from that moment Eric introduced you to me but I couldnt show it. How could I show the love I felt for my close friend’s girl? I had to hide it and have hidden it very well over the years. I won’t lie to you, I’ve had series of girlfriends over the years but you’ve always remained on my mind as my first and only true love.

When I heard you and Eric had broken up, God forgive me, I was secretly joyous but then you disappeared. When I found you here again, I thought it was fate bringing us together and even though I wasn’t particularly happy that you now hated Eric with a passion, I felt it gave me a chance with you but you kept seeing me as a brother, breaking my heart further. That was why I was always very hurt any time you introduced me as your brother or just a friend. I swore that you would never find out. I was prepared to take my secret to the grave but life can be funny. See the way you found out, by mistakenly calling my phone in my presence.” he narrated softly making Oleng more dumb founded.

She just sat there staring at him. He walked up to her and sat down beside her. He held both of her hands in his.

“I won’t lie to you, Oleng. I love you. I love you very much. I've always fantasized about you being my wife but I'm not going to push you or rush you. I know you probably still have some feelings for Eric despite your hatred but please try to consider me. Think about the love I have for you and try to see if we can have a future together. Please.” he pleaded passionately.

Oleng continued to stare at him in bewilderment. She couldn’t bring herself to say anything. Zinny and Marvy had really been right.

“Please say something.” he said.

She cleared her throat and opened her mouth but nothing came out. She tried again.

“I really don’t know what to say…..When Zinny and Marvy told me you had a crush on me back then, I thought they were joking. Nevertheless, I watched you but you never gave any indication that I was more than a friend to you so I thought they were mistaken. When I was here last week, I was surprised to see that you had saved my name as ‘My only love’ in your phone yet you didn’t say anything until today…..and you wouldn’t have If I hadn’t mistakenly dialed your number.” She looked bamboozled.

“Oleng, you know I’m a reticient and kind of shy guy, I couldn’t bring myself to tell you for fear of you rejecting me. You didn’t help matters either by always telling your friends that I’m either a brother, a close friend or just a friend.” he accused.

“That’s because I’ve always seen you like that.” she defended.

“Can you see me as a boyfriend?”

“I don’t know. You just sprung it on me this evening.”

“I understand. I’ll give you time to think about it.”

“Ok……em…I think I’ll take my leave now.” she informed him, standing up.

“I hope I’ve not chased you away.” he stood up also.

“Of course not. It’s getting late and I’m tired.”

“Alright. Hope I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“You bet.” she said and laughed a little but it was forced.

“Lemme take you home.”

“No. Don’t worry. I’ll take a taxi.”

“Really?”

“Really.” she smiled falsely. She just wanted to get the hell out of there.

When he had seen her off and returned to his house, he used his fist to hit the wall. That had not been the way he had planned on telling her she meant the world to him. He had made a mess of things. He castigated himself. He had the fear that not only had he driven her away but ended their friendship as well.

Oleng kept thinking on her way home. She was still amazed at what had happened. Immediately she got home, she called Zinny.
“Zinny, guess what.” she said with excitement.

“What?”

“I said guess.”

“You just won an American visa lottery?”

“Of course not. Though it’s close to it. Dave just professed his love to me!” she exclaimed.

“It’s a lie!” Zinny exclaimed. “Really?”

“Yes.” she said and went on to give her the details.

“Wetin you go do?”

“I don’t know. Believe me, I’m confused.”

“Why don’t you give him a try? Dave na nice guy o!”

“But I don’t feel anything for him. He’s like a brother and good friend to me.”

“Love grows; that’s if you give it a chance.”

“I don’t want to hurt him if the love never grows.”

“Then tell him that. Tell him you’ll give him a chance but he shouldn’t get upset if you don’t eventually love him.”

“Do you think he’ll accept that?”

“Just try am jor! Frankly speaking, I think you’ll get to love him, that is if you don’t already. Maybe you don’t know it yet but now that he has proclaimed his love maybe yours will come to light.”

“I hope so because he’s really a nice guy and I don’t want to hurt him.”

“Don’t worry, time will tell, Mrs. Sokari.” she teased and they both laughed.

“Oleng, I intended calling you before you called. I want to apologize for not telling you about the small get together we just had. Dave told me you were hurt at been left out. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright, Zinny. Afterall, I told you not to tell me anything about him. I must admit that I felt bad at first at being left out but I got over it. So how was it?” she asked with false cheerfulness.

“It was cool. Eric is something else. If I wasn’t already in love with Eddy, I would have fallen in love with him.” she joked, laughing and Oleng found herself laughing also though not from her heart. She was sick and tired of hearing her ex-boyfriend’s virtues.

There was a minute silence before Zinny said, “Oleng, he asked of you.”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Hauneg(f): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2014
AudreyTimms: Good morning my fellow nairalanders. Please I crave your indulgence. I am new in the art of making my stories public. I have a story I want you all to check out for me. Please constructive criticisms; make una no destroy my writing career with harsh words abeg. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2014
[quote author=Hauneg][/quote] I don't get u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply)

A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.