Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? (1714 Views)

Funny Places People Charge Their Phone / Mass Protest Tomorrow All MTN Users Switch Off Their Phone / Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 24, 2014
Is it safe for a NEW USER of android OS to root their phone?
What really are the advantages and disadvantages?
PLS Be very clear in ur explanation.

thanks in anticipation for your reply.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by badbros(m): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2014
if you are that type of user that loves his phone d way d manufacturer did it, my advice for u. pls don't. root
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2014
Rooting a phone is not good.it might spoil your phone.My advice is that you shouldn't root at all
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2014
badbros: if you are that type of user that loves his phone d way d manufacturer did it, my advice for u. pls don't. root
yeah i do
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2014
missyhorlah: Rooting a phone is not good.it might spoil your phone.My advice is that you shouldn't root at all
hmmm. Ok. Tnx
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Ay92(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2014
do not root your phone.

thank me later
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2014
No gain
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Psychodavidovic(m): 11:52am On Jul 24, 2014
Lmaooooooo. Bro, root your phone so you can truly OWN it. its a choice tho.

if you're the geeky type ( like me) that like to make android to what they weren't originally made to do, then root it.

But if you're chat, browser and play games type then don't root.

Note: Rooting your phone voids your warranty.

Gracias.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Warlord3000(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
It is very safe and advisable to root your fone...

Apart from having the maximum value for ur money with lots of possibilities u can't imagine..

U can do a fone backup if your fone is rooted so that some "innocent" apps won't brick the fone along the way..

I will advise u to root it..

Pros more than the cons
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by UchihaItachi(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ay92: do not root your phone.

thank me later

Lol..rooting must've done you strong thing cheesy
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Ay92(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Lol..rooting must've done you strong thing cheesy

YES O! My tecno l3 is still here with me. The only thing it does is write tecno till the battery dies. (boot loop)
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Collinz2(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
My guy root ur phone and install recovery image.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by UchihaItachi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ay92:
YES O! My tecno l3 is still here with me. The only thing it does is write tecno till the battery dies. (boot loop)

That's why the first thing you should do after rooting is flash a custom recovery and backup your rom

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Psychodavidovic: Lmaooooooo. Bro, root your phone so you can truly OWN it. its a choice tho.

if you're the geeky type ( like me) that like to make android to what they weren't originally made to do, then root it.

But if you're chat, browser and play games type then don't root.

Note: Rooting your phone voids your warranty.

Gracias.
am nt the geeky type at all
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Warlord3000: It is very safe and advisable to root your fone...

Apart from having the maximum value for ur money with lots of possibilities u can't imagine..

U can do a fone backup if your fone is rooted so that some "innocent" apps won't brick the fone along the way..

I will advise u to root it..

Pros more than the cons
so some innocent apps can brick the phone. Are these apps in google play store?
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
Collinz2: My guy root ur phone and install recovery image.
no thanks, i'm okay with it.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Kovic08(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
please i just rootedy xperia arc s and i must say.. i am enjoying it expecially memory card partition omo e sweet.. buh how do i back up and flash custom rom and Please how do i install kitkat
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Ay92(m): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
UchihaItachi:

That's why the first thing you should do after rooting is flash a custom recovery and backup your rom

I still don't know how to do both. Can you put me through please? And do I need a laptop?
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Warlord3000(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
donmarvex: so some innocent apps can brick the phone. Are these apps in google play store?

U can easily discern an ordinary word from a word in quote..

My "innocent" was in quotation marks.. Meaning they are not what they seems to be..

Notable apps are ifont.. Chain fire 3D etc..

Best of luck..
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Collinz2(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
donmarvex: no thanks, i'm okay with it.
ok bro. Bt dnt come crying if any thing happen
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by barackodam: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kovic08: please i just rootedy xperia arc s and i must say.. i am enjoying it expecially memory card partition omo e sweet.. buh how do i back up and flash custom rom and Please how do i install kitkat

How dyu do that.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by UchihaItachi(m): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ay92:
I still don't know how to do both. Can you put me through please? And do I need a laptop?

Can't do that
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Kovic08(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
is it how to root or how to partition your memory card?
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
donmarvex: Is it safe for a NEW USER of android OS to root their phone?
What really are the advantages and disadvantages?
PLS Be very clear in ur explanation.

thanks in anticipation for your reply.
If your phone is less than a year old model, there are no need to root it .
But any tablet or phablet more than a year, and stays unrooted is quite more of a pot of sour soup
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 25, 2014
Warlord3000:

U can easily discern an ordinary word from a word in quote..

My "innocent" was in quotation marks.. Meaning they are not what they seems to be..

Notable apps are ifont.. Chain fire 3D etc..

Best of luck..
of course i know what you meant
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Ositainklord(m): 1:06am On Jul 25, 2014
the purposes of rooting are ephemeral.
fanboys will tell you, its for the best!
"it can make your phone fly! your phone will shoot laser beams!"
"it will unlock another dimension" blabla bla...
its a waste of time. ask the rooted users if they are ever contempt with the phone the way it is. its a drug like effect when they start adding and upgrading nonsense. your android will work at optimal level if you treat it as an android and not an iPhone or a computer. Lol.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 25, 2014
Ositainklord:
the purposes of rooting are ephemeral.
fanboys will tell you, its for the best!
"it can make your phone fly! your phone will shoot laser beams!"
"it will unlock another dimension" blabla bla...
its a waste of time. ask the rooted users if they are ever contempt with the phone the way it is. its a drug like effect when they start adding and upgrading nonsense. your android will work at optimal level if you treat it as an android and not an iPhone or a computer. Lol.
tnx dude.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by beinstein(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2014
this rooting WAHALA eeeh....please anyone in port harcourt who's good with all these rooting, upgrading and instalation of custom rom stuff? Please whatsapp me on 08038578978.
Thanks!

Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by bhaliz44(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
root it wen u become a geek.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by ITbomb(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
bhaliz44: root it wen u become a geek.
If you don't know what is rooting then don't root your phone.
It is not an additional application that you install and start to explore the features, you root only when you know what you want to do.
It is a door that can take you to either heaven or hell depending on your knowledge
For me, I rooted my phone just to control the apps connecting to Internet (Droidwall), stopping unnecessary service (greenify) and removing annoying ads and limitations from sharewares (Lucky Patcher). Although most of this can be done in unrooted phones, it is more efficient when rooted.
I don't care much about ROM or font changes, they are unnecessary distractions
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by Collinz2(m): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
beinstein: this rooting WAHALA eeeh....please anyone in port harcourt who's good with all these rooting, upgrading and instalation of custom rom stuff? Please whatsapp me on 08038578978.
Thanks!
i live at ph bt am new here. Wht type of phone do u wanna root.
Re: Is It Safe For A NEW USER Of Android OS To Root Their Phone? by beinstein(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Collinz2: i live at ph bt am new here. Wht type of phone do u wanna root.
HTC mytouch4G

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno R7 Gets Price Cut From N43,000 To N29,999!! / How To Watch Live Matches From Your Android Smartphone / E-ceros Create 2 Kitkat, 8GB Tablet For $49.99 (below N10,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.