Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,594 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? (910 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by vedaxcool(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2014
No doubt, feminists have made positive contribution to humanity in the area of advancing women rights. One is forced to ask is right to live not part of women right? There has been an unrelenting massacre of women in gaza, yet we heard no complaint from feminists whether here on nl or in the western world.

Should feminism be only invoked when polygamy comes up? In shujayea, 120 palestines were killed aa third of this people were women, 40. Yet no sound was heard from feminist.

My point is feminism shouldn't be all about politising women issues while turning a blind eye to real women rights violation.

Anyway feminist why aren't u bothered by the huge death toll of women in gaza?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by pickabeau1: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2014
Not sure i see the connection as Gaza is a political and military issue

Unarmed civilians are casualty of war

I think the focus should be de escalation of tensions in the Middle East

Feminists have their own issues but not sure this is one of it

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by vedaxcool(m): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1: Not sure i see the connection as Gaza is a political and military issue

Unarmed civilians are casualty of war

I think the focus should be de escalation of tensions in the Middle East

Feminists have their own issues but not sure this is one of it

Okay, didn't know women being killed huge number is not a feminist issue!
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by pickabeau1: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2014
vedaxcool:

Okay, didn't know women being killed huge number is not a feminist issue!

It is a humanitarian issue.. in my opinion

4 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by vedaxcool(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

Yeah, your opinion
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by Swiftboy(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

its not funny o! Well Palestinians just hate Israel's gut to be lunching rockets and use civilians as shield whenever Israel retaliate instead of choosing a permanent diplomatic solution.
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by pickabeau1: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2014
Swiftboy: its not funny o! Well Palestinians just hate Israel's gut to be lunching rockets and use civilians as shield whenever Israel retaliate instead of choosing a permanent diplomatic solution.

The issue choi... no be today
Sad

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by bellong: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

The issue choi... no be today
Sad

It is a long term family wahala which may never end till Jesus come.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by pickabeau1: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
bellong: It is a long term family wahala which may never end till Jesus come.... cheesy cheesy

It is really sad though global politics, christain powers and the Holocaust played a HUGE part
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by bellong: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

It is really sad though global politics, christain powers and the Holocaust played a HUGE part

The extreme superiority complex of the Isreali is also a big factor. I only wish the Palestinians will respect the lives of their citizens. Over the years, they should have known that the Jews have superior fire power with the world powers clandestinely behind them. It is a lose-lose situation for the Palestinians.
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by tintingz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
Broda Vedaxcool help me ask them again.
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by pickabeau1: 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
bellong:

The extreme superiority complex of the Isreali is also a big factor. I only wish the Palestinians will respect the lives of their citizens. Over the years, they should have known that the Jews have superior fire power with the world powers clandestinely behind them. It is a lose-lose situation for the Palestinians.

Israel does not Palestine as its enemy
It sees the whole Arab world

Really sad
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by Amhappy(f): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Women and children are being killed in Gaza. Thats war crime. @OP One doesnt need to be a feminist to speak against something like this. The UN should wake up to their responsibility.
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Amhappy: Women and children are being killed in Gaza. Thats war crime. @OP One doesnt need to be a feminist to speak against something like this. The UN should wake up to their responsibility.
is it only in gaza that women are being slaughtered like chickens ? ask my chibok babes, they tell u more. BTW, UN cant do shit
Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by Amhappy(f): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
lofty900: is it only in gaza that women are being slaughtered like chickens ? ask my chibok babes, they tell u more. BTW, UN cant do shit

The concern about Gaza is because its a state military attack and it can be stopped by negotiation but Bokoharam terrorist negotiation is none existent. If UN is this useless then there is no need for the organization.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Feminist Speaking Out Against The Massacre Of Women In Gaza? by vedaxcool(m): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Amhappy: Women and children are being killed in Gaza. Thats war crime. @OP One doesnt need to be a feminist to speak against something like this. The UN should wake up to their responsibility.

Feminist speaking about could propel action by the UN, keeping quiet simply shows a clear lack of concern for the welfare of women in gaza.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help! Save The Life Of A Special One! / Oritsejafor Is Finished; CAN Is Damaged – Cardinal Okogie (premium Times) / What Will Be Your Reaction? Be Sincere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.