Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday (1649 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by safarigirl(f): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2014
This thread is dedicated to all the bad belles with their half-baked news and the haters who are quick to comment on stuff they know nothing of :p grin

John Mikel Obi is expected to join the rest of the Chelsea squad for pre-season training on Monday.

Mikel, along with Nigerian compatriot Victor Moses, were given extended breaks after their World Cup exertions, and are now set to report for club duty, according to John Shittu. "Mikel has been on break resting. But he is going to Austria on Monday to meet up with the rest of the team," Shittu, who looks after Mikel's affairs, told KickOffNigeria.com.

"I don't know where people got the information that he was left out of the squad. He played at the World Cup, and he got a break from the club.

"It's the same thing with some of the other players who got to the same stage."

Regarding Mikel's immediate future, Shittu says the player will stay at Chelsea. "For now, he is not going anywhere. He will fight for his place. But this is football, and anything can happen at any time."

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/47019/mikel-back-at-chelsea-on-monday

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by nerodenero: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2014
I don't think Nigerians detest Mikel, rather we expect much from him and we all know he has the wherewithal to deliver at any level. I just pray he lift his game and show us the stuff he is really made of.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by safarigirl(f): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2014
nerodenero: I don't think Nigerians detest Mikel, rather we expect much from him and we all know he has the wherewithal to deliver at any level. I just pray he lift his game and show us the stuff he is really made of.
they don't sound like loving people who want the best for one of their own.

All I see when I read their comments are frustrated people who are looking for someone to pour their frustrations on. Most Nigerians are no better than the Mikel they castigate, they're not even half as patriotic as he is. If given the opportunity, they would quicker pledge allegiance to some other country than Nigeria.

They see themselves in Mikel and they loath him for that.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by nerodenero: 11:31am On Jul 24, 2014
I know you are passionate about Eagles and so are several millions of Nigerians who would do anything to support Eagles.Your position is shared by many too except the way we go about things might be a little different. I am saddened by Mikel's performance at the last worldcup and still have my doubts but I think he can still lift his game.Maybe we expect too much when he has little to offer.He lost everything when Mourinho changed his role.
safarigirl: they don't sound like loving people who want the best for one of their own.

All I see when I read their comments are frustrated people who are looking for someone to pour their frustrations on. Most Nigerians are no better than the Mikel they castigate, they're not even half as patriotic as he is. If given the opportunity, they would quicker pledge allegiance to some other country than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by Emperortj93(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Haterz can go and die now
way to go safarigirl

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by easyelliot(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mikel is not a good player. I can't call a snail a rabbit no matter what.

Congratulations to Mikel for keep gettn dem checks.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by oba009(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Source: http://www.naij.com/70226.html

John Mikel Obi will join up with Chelsea FC’s players next week Monday and is not expecting to leave soon, his agent has confirmed.

His agent told reporters that Mikel and Victor Moses had been given an extended break due to participation at the FIFA World Cup.

He said: "Mikel has been on break resting. But he is going to Austria on Monday to meet up with the rest of the team".

"I don’t know where people got the information that he was left out of the squad. He played at the World Cup, and he got a break from the club.

"It’s the same thing with some of the other players who got to the same stage, "For now, he is not going anywhere. He will fight for his place. But this is football, and anything can happen at any time."

Mikel had been rumoured to be wanted out by coach Jose Mourinho due to his awful perfomance at the FIFA world cup in Brazil.

Mikel is what we call a Mourinho player, Mourinho had signed him during his first spell in Chelsea as a Attacking Midfielder but moulded the young player then into a Defesive minded player.

Mikel has amassed over 200 appearances for the blues and winning all the major trophies in England and Europe with the blues.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by Downtoearth(m): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mikel would have been at the near level of Messi and co if he had gone to United.

......But,with a greedy and selfish agent like John Shittu,they choose money over refinement

10 years later a certain Messi has won the Fifa player of the year award on what occasion?How many league trophies?Champions league trophies?

Wait a minute.....where is Mikel again and what his current value compared to Messi?

Go figure
Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Maybe your source meant ''the chelsea's RESERVE team''...

Check very well....

Continue hailing an underperforming player...u hear?

Maybe Your hailings wl make him step up his game

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:15am On Jul 25, 2014
safarigirl: they don't sound like loving people who want the best for one of their own.

I agree with you. The criticism of Mikel has tuned to something else. Silva, Gerard and ,any more had bad tournaments. Rodrigo Pallacio of Argentina missed three seaters.

Mikel had a poor tournament for his standard but I do not think a loyal servant deserves to be badly treated like these people.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Downtoearth: Mikel would have been at the near level of Messi and co if he had gone to United.

......But,with a greedy and selfish agent like John Shittu,they choose money over refinement

10 years later a certain Messi has won the Fifa player of the year award on what occasion?How many league trophies?Champions league trophies?

Wait a minute.....where is Mikel again and what his current value compared to Messi?

Go figure
Anderson won the Brazilian league, the Portuguese league, reached the U17 final in 2005. He benched Ronaldinho and wore the 10 jersey for Brazil and they won the World Cup.

Sir, Alex Ferguson did not develop him well.

Ferguson preferred to bring Scholes back from retirement instead of playing Pogba. Ferguson failed with Nani, Forlan, Rossi,.

5 Likes

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 25, 2014
Guys...lets not act fake here...

Should brazilians not seize their support after the 7-1 bashing of the samba boys?

Before the wc proper,ozil was sternly criticized for poor play by the germans..

If the brazilians can be so vexed to the extent of pulling down ronaldinho's(a one time worlds best) statue cos he had a bad tournament(at the germany 2006 WC),why shouldnt we be vexed at MIKEL's kindergarteen display?

Let the truth be told..MIKEL no sabi ball at all!!

His style of play day always wan make people break their fast cos dem go wan swear for am!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by Downtoearth(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Anderson won the Brazilian league, the Portuguese league, reached the U17 final in 2005. He benched Ronaldinho and wore the 10 jersey for Brazil and they won the World Cup.

Sir, Alex Ferguson did not develop him well.

Ferguson preferred to bring Scholes back from retirement instead of playing Pogba. Ferguson failed with Nani, Forlan, Rossi,.

And where again is Anderson today?Now plays for Fiorentina?He benched Ronaldinho?Maybe the then coach didn't want to build his team around Dinho?

Alex failed with Nani?Nani is a joke.Remember a certain Ricardo Queresma?All hype but no substance.

Alex failed with Rossi,Pogba and Forlan?Maybe....,there will always be exceptional cases,no coach will always get get it right,how about the ones Alex developed succesfully?Beckham?Scholes?Giggs?Need I go on?

Let's not deviate because I'm not a United fan,Mikel will have been a more accomplished and polished player under Alex rather than under Under Mou.He is at best an average player now.

You guys needs to seperate fact from sentiment.

My two cents
Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by chalxdon(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Downtoearth: Mikel would have been at the near level of Messi and co if he had gone to United.

Go figure
And you think Ferguson would have used him well?? You don't have a clue why Mikel didn't go to United
Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by Downtoearth(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
chalxdon: And you think Ferguson would have used him well?? You don't have a clue why Mikel didn't go to United

Care to inform me?
Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by saasala(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
I was just looking when people were spreading the news, including Punch and Vanguard. If you have been following club football, you should know that footballers who represent their countries at any tournament will get more breaks, the more their teams advance, the more breaks they get. Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku and Andre Schurlrre are also currently not with the team.

Mikel haters, go get a life.

The Mods will not put this one on FP, but if its something bad about that innocent patriotic dude, they are quick to do it.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Join Chelsea's Pre-season Training Monday by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Downtoearth:

And where again is Anderson today?Now plays for Fiorentina?He benched Ronaldinho?Maybe the then coach didn't want to build his team around Dinho?

Alex failed with Nani?Nani is a joke.Remember a certain Ricardo Queresma?All hype but no substance.

Alex failed with Rossi,Pogba and Forlan?Maybe....,there will always be exceptional cases,no coach will always get get it right,how about the ones Alex developed succesfully?Beckham?Scholes?Giggs?Need I go on?

Let's not deviate because I'm not a United fan,Mikel will have been a more accomplished and polished player under Alex rather than under Under Mou.He is at best an average player now.

You guys needs to seperate fact from sentiment.

My two cents
A lot of wonderful talents failed under Sir Alex Ferguson, so you are not sure if Mikel would have been more successful under him.

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho: Shaw Wages Would Have 'killed' Chelsea / Obasi: I Dumped Norway To Play For Nigeria / Improvements On Glo Premier League Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.