Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" (19414 Views)

Harry Kitilya Carrying Bucket Of Water In Prison / 92 Niger Rep. Migrants' Bodies Found Near Algerian Border / 34 Hostages Killed In Air Strike By Algerian Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
sad
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by shoprite: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
hmmm . . .only in 2014 . . .flight MH370 (Boeing 777-200ER), Flight MH17 (Boeing 777-200ER), Flight GE222 (ATR 72-500), Flight AH5017 (McDonnell Douglas MD-83) . . .be sure to check details of that next flight before you board sad
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Amhappy(f): 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is serious
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Let me help with updates:

- 80 French passengers on board.

- The aircraft was "wet leased" by Air Algerie from Swiftair [a Spanish airline company], which supplied both aircraft and crew.

2 Likes

Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
oboman:

I don't know why some foolish people jump into this 'end time' bandwagon when something tragic happens....

Their minds are so shallow and crude that they can't find solution to world's problem....

Instead of using practical means to solve problems, they would rather cling to their ignorance and spill rubbish....

If you were in Russia, Germany or Poland during WW2, you would think the end is near ( that was 70 years ago)....

The end IS near.

That doesn't mean that every single event is related to the end, though.
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
Its been confirmed that the plane has crashed on bbc

1 Like

Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Gbengem(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
The fear of boarding airplane iz now d begining of wisdom. D way airplane get missing nowadays like coin iz quite alarming.
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Mabaleosi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
GEJ why is every things missing like this? Hope APC will not be declare missing o
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Crash confirmed on cnn cry
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by ElNur1: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
chaiii

I swr , I no go fly again, till nxt year.... may person sidown small nd enjoy short lyf wey we get...
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
nanizle: Algeria's national airline says it has lost contact with a plane carrying 110 passengers and six crew members after it disappeared off the radar on a flight from Burkina Faso to Algiers.

Air navigation services lost track of the Airbus A320 around 50 minutes after take-off early today.
It was last sited at 1.55am GMT, the official Algerian news agency said.

The flight should have landed in the Algerian capital at 5am GMT.
'In keeping with procedures, Air Algerie has launched its emergency plan,' the agency quoted the airline as saying.

It is not an Airbus, its an MD-83.

Swiftair, the private Spanish company that owns the aircraft, confirmed it had lost contact with the MD-83 operated by Air Algerie, which it said was carrying 110 passengers and six crew.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/24/us-algeria-flight-idUSKBN0FT0YK20140724
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
shymexx: They've found the plane.

It crashed in Niger.

I just hope it wasn't shot down by boko haram - else Nigeria is going to become a colony of a next country by the end of the week. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by LyfeJennings(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Thank God I can disappear grin. I don't need to fly in any airplane
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by boujaye: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dragonking: cry cry cry cry
this man again? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by LaurelP(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
oboman:

I don't know why some foolish people jump into this 'end time' bandwagon when something tragic happens....

Their minds are so shallow and crude that they can't find solution to world's problem....

Instead of using practical means to solve problems, they would rather cling to their ignorance and spill rubbish....

If you were in Russia, Germany or Poland during WW2, you would think the end is near ( that was 70 years ago)....

Mumu atheist u will soon burn in eternal hell eedeeot
U dat has deep and developed mind, how many problems have u solved using ur stupid "practical means"?
Ur birth is even an addition to d world problem u claim u can solve since u don't beliv there's a God
If ure so wise how come I haven't heard abt ur inventions and solutions
Just sharap ur mumu mouth b4 I shut it for u Mofo
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Sweetlemon(f): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
shymexx:

Nah, don't foresee anything. I still wanna have kids, and watch my son play QB in the NFL with multiple uni degrees, and my daughter play tennis at Wimbledon. I rebuke world war 3!! grin

Amen dear. AMEN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by LaurelP(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
tuffgongjo: must u bring religious sentiment to everything?
Its my opinion and belief sir
Why don't u air urs if have one, or just sharap if u don't
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by ElNur1: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
LyfeJennings: Thank God I can disappear grin. I don't need to fly in any airplane

hahahah... evn d babalawo must crash 1 day ooo..
Dnt giv dat ish 100% trust ...
Speakin frm experience
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by laykhorn(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
God! why is this happening? I pray this doesnt end in a trajedy again
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by chimerase2: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
ignis: Has any missing plane ever been found?

The report says the plane is missing. I just hope we find it soonest.
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by MadCow1: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
These are truly trying times i tell you..

This is the worst time to fly. The weather is so bad and Niggas on the gorund seem to be bored with catapults and birds so they have switched to SAMs and Airplanes. angry

1 Like

Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by chimerase2: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
ignis: Has any missing plane ever been found?

The report says the plane is missing. I just hope we find it soonest.
are u among the search party cheesy
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
hiroz: another plane!the malaysian plane in ukraine,another taiwan plane crashed not long ago,now this one in north africa...3 in a week.i just pray the passengers survive.e be like say planes are now becoming endangered species...
How? Use another word. There are planes everywhere.
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Mettal: 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Whatever happens,i hope the only naija guy wey dey inside the aircraft will not die,. Naija no dey carry last.

1 Like

Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
nerodenero: Unfortunately, there is no other means of fast transport aside aeroplane because if it is crashing, it is disappearing. In fact, the tragedies so far experienced by Airbuses is appalling.We need alternative means.

all you had to do is take time off nairaland and think about it. lazy man "we need alternative means", waiting for a human like you to provide another means right? later you will scream nigerian leaders are brainless meanwhile you re worse
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by LilPeezy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
nanizle: Algeria's national airline says it has lost contact with a plane carrying 110 passengers and six crew members after it disappeared off the radar on a flight from Burkina Faso to Algiers.

Air navigation services lost track of the Airbus A320 around 50 minutes after take-off early today.
It was last sited at 1.55am GMT, the official Algerian news agency said.

The flight should have landed in the Algerian capital at 5am GMT.
'In keeping with procedures, Air Algerie has launched its emergency plan,' the agency quoted the airline as saying.

The flight path of Flight AH5017 from Ouagadougou, the capital of the west African nation of Burkina Faso, to Algiers was not immediately clear.
Ougadougou is in a nearly straight line south of Algiers, passing over Mali where unrest continues in the north.

A source from Air Algerie told the AFP news agency said contact was lost while it was still in Malian air space approaching the border with Algeria.

The source said: 'The plane was not far from the Algerian frontier when the crew was asked to make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route.

"Contact was lost after the change of course."

The airline announced that the plane had gone missing in a brief statement carried by national news agency APS.
It added that the company initiated an 'emergency plan' in the search for flight AH5017, which flies the four-hour passenger route four times a week.

file photo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2704018/BREAKING-NEWS-Algerian-airline-loses-contact-plane-carrying-110-people-disappears-radar-flying-Burkina-Faso-Algiers.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28460625

A page has already been set up on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Alg%C3%A9rie_Flight_5017
no longer missing....jux heard d plane crashed in niger due to bad weather......
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by rattlesnake(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Crashed
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by willorie(f): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Not again!
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by uzoexcel(m): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
strange that my al jazreerz hasnt reported it
adaobi123: Its been confirmed that the plane has crashed on bbc
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by rtmajayi: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Too many crashes, God have mercy ooo, let mercy prevail
Re: Algerian Airline Carrying 110 Passengers "Missing" by Kessythegeek(m): 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
adaobi123: Its been confirmed that the plane has crashed on bbc

hey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukraine: US Politicians Are Bloodtasty For Murder, Death - Majorie Taylor Greene / Great African Women In History / Russian Troops Attack Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine, Sparking Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.