Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? (22668 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Hijackers: Chelsea Creating A Bad Reputation: From Mikel to Pedro / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Calebosko(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
dumb question,@op nomber 10 jc na food? Who even told u kelechi wil reach mikel level,abeg stop dis hyping its too ely,mikel and kano are d only real legend just dat u dont knw wat u got until u loos it,someday we wil celebrate mikel and curse ihenacho as we always do, remembr we did it to kano and okocha saying dey dont av anytin to ofer dat dey shud hang boot,we are nigerians we know ourself,so op go and die or u like www.facebook.com/calebosko for other sucide options.

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by ManTiger(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
[size=30pt]YES I SUPPORT.
HE SHOULD TAKE OVER NUMBER 10 JERSEY FROM MIKEL AND PROBABLY TAKE OVER HIS RUSSIAN GIRLFRIEND TOO.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by TamzyTamudo: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: Firstly u are an assshole for involving my parents...and also if as a nigerian u count mumu as an insult then u are a bigger foool
Wise up young man and stop being childish,a word is enough for the wise onuku.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
busky101: fool, he has scored twice already, when was the last time mikel scored for club and country
u are a bastarrd for quoting me with a senseless post,go Bleep urself assshole..where were u when this thread was created..
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
robosky02: @ fajiano202

cant you understand that from the beginning of this thread till now i have not returned
one insult to you. thats to show am your elder.
i have learn to forgive even before i am offended
just take my advise it will do you a lot good to respect peoples opinion
and not to be insulting every one in all your thread you post or follow
grow up

U just equalized- that was a well taken free kick.

2 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
disloman: In as much u don't consider mumu to b an insulting word.U don't av to b pained when used on u n ur family.Kid!U need to grow up n stop these childish stuff.U can insult 4 writing this but I'm said my mind.
no p if u allow me to call ur family foools
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
maputohq:
I would have called you stupid, but I think you r right that the OP is dumb to open this thread. Iheanacho might be one ...I reserve my comment. Remember Stanley okoro was once tagged little messi.
How should JAYSEA no affect performance...
we too dey claim coach for this country...inshort , f*** u all, except for fijiano.

Another mean guy
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by yomade007(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello beautiful people still wondering where to get your affordable Branded 2014/2015 clubs Jersey's??
Kindly take time to follow us Facebook'name""~ customize club Jersey.
Thank you
BBM 76A6979A
Whatsapp 08079584535
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
mike404: FIXED
whos the azzhole that edited my post
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by ManTiger(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Calebosko: dumb question,@op nomber 10 jc na food? Who even told u kelechi wil reach mikel level,abeg stop dis hyping its too ely,mikel and kano are d only real legend just dat u dont knw wat u got until u loos it,someday we wil celebrate mikel and curse ihenacho as we always do, remembr we did it to kano and okocha saying dey dont av anytin to ofer dat dey shud hang boot,we are nigerians we know ourself,so op go and die or u like www.facebook.com/calebosko for other sucide options.
Shut up boy, Its Kanu and not Kano besides why do you think he can never reach Mikel's feat and how dare you call Mikel a Legend?
What has being is contribution so far? If you call him a Legend what will you call the likes of Muda Lawal, Garba Lawal, Finidi George, Sunday Olishe, Jonathan Akpoborie, Rasidi Yekini, Agahowa, Martins etc?
This is Mikels time and he won't be their for life, if he keep on like this, little or nothing will be said of him in future time.
Then he will realise that its not all about the money he has gotten but that impact he has made.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by kendrick93(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
robosky02:

Kelechi Iheanacho sizzled as he capped an impressive senior debut for Manchester City with a goal in their 4-1 rout of Sporting Kansas City.

Iheanacho, latched onto a cutback from Jesus Navas on top of the box and stroked home with calm composure and precision.

The 17-year-old deservedly took man-of-the-match honours after a performance that embodied class, ease of movement, quick thinking and impeccable passing.

"Iheanacho. Watch out for that name. You're going to be hearing that name for a long time to come. Eye catching display," was the drooling comments from the ESPN commentators post game.

Iheanacho was the star performer as Nigeria's Under-17 team won the World Cup last year, and was the target of Europe's top clubs before signing for City.

with this stand out parformance by Iheanacho at the highest level of football not looking intimidated.And with the fact that Mikel since 2005 refuse to give us a joy with that jaysey.

can we now say we have found a worthy successor to the nigerian no 10 JAYSEY that was once used by JAYJAY okocha, ETIM ESSIEN that made other countries dred us.

what is your take do we retire Mikel now and give IHEANACHO the 10 jaysey
or we keep waiting.....
u really dnt know much abt futbol.. lheaneacho is an u20 playa ffs,give him tym..he scored in preseason,so we shld give him no10?madness.
for ur information mikel was one of d top young playas in world football when he broke through. kelechi is ntin compared to d mikel dat dazzled in 2005. he needs tym. youth football and senior footy arent d same..
seriously u are fickle
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by UnknownT: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
Are we not 'overhyping' him like d british media do to their youngsters?
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by babstide(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
maputohq:
I would have called you stupid, but I think you r right that the OP is dumb to open this thread. Iheanacho might be one ...I reserve my comment. Remember Stanley okoro was once tagged little messi.
How should JAYSEA no affect performance...
we too dey claim coach for this country...inshort , f*** u all, except for fijiano.

U guy needs to step up. @ fijiano u can do better
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by mike404(m): 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: whos the azzhole that edited my post
YOU ARE SENSELESS
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by kendrick93(m): 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: u are dumb to even open this thread,just because this guy scored once in his pre-season debut and had a wonderful outing at the 17 worldcup u think hes good enough for super Eagles...Pls if u honestly believe hes good enuf then wait for a year or 2,maybe after he gets enough play time at man city...if u want i can name over 50 players that were awesome at their u17 but never made it in the Senior team..Even as mikel is aweful atm he shouldnt be bench for a kid that has no experience...Gunners4life
bros u are correct.. people tink senior football and youth are d same..
yes he has talent but we need to give sum years to develop his game nt to give him 10 jersey nw
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
mike404: YOU ARE SENSELESS
ur crazy
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by faithzy(m): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: u are dumb to even open this thread,just because this guy scored once in his pre-season debut and had a wonderful outing at the 17 worldcup u think hes good enough for super Eagles...Pls if u honestly believe hes good enuf then wait for a year or 2,maybe after he gets enough play time at man city...if u want i can name over 50 players that were awesome at their u17 but never made it in the Senior team..Even as mikel is aweful atm he shouldnt be bench for a kid that has no experience...Gunners4life
cow ...........he has scored two goals......
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Moredew(m): 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
For all of u shouting fijiano is a kid. Apart from him saying the OP is a mumu. I think he did nothing wrong with his comment. How can som1 just come here nd ask if we should giv Nacho the number 10. How many football experience does he have. Nd wht made u tink he wont end like many odas dat were also brilliant at his age. I remember sanni emmanuel, opabunmi, okoro where dem dey today. Even just yestrday a new under 17 did well in congo nd i hear theres a lad dat is also very promissing so we should giv him no 10 too. Pls Op u dnt hastily jump to decisions. Nacho needs time first. Tanx.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by ayusco85(m): 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
kendrick93: u really dnt know much abt futbol.. lheaneacho is an u20 playa ffs,give him tym..he scored in preseason,so we shld give him no10?madness.
for ur information mikel was one of d top young playas in world football when he broke through. kelechi is ntin compared to d mikel dat dazzled in 2005. he needs tym. youth football and senior footy arent d same..
seriously u are fickle

Kelechi won the golden ball at the u17 world cup 2013, and mikel won the silver ball behind messi in 2005. Who was better?
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by snadguy007(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mikel still dey play ?? i thought he has resigned after the worldcup, thats why mourinho didnt call him up for the pre-season matches

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
you all saying he should take over the Jersey from mikel, there s difference but taking the role and taking the Jersey.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
faithzy: cow ...........he has scored two goals......
so even if he scores hattrick Man city will never start thats if hes given work permit
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Okocha and Etim Esin won nothing for the Super Eagles. Do not call Atlanta 96, it is an U23 tourney. At Tunisia 94, Okocha was on the bench. So what is so prolific about these guys that Mikel should be dropped from from wearing the ten jersey.

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by ABAKA72(m): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: Not just the No.10,make him captain too...mumu OP
Shut up mr man! must you make a stupiid comment every time a thread is opened, go home first and get some home training before posting your foolishness on a public forum or have you just shown us the kind of family you came from, because they said by their friuts we shall know them.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
robosky02: fijiano i expected an intelligent response if you are actually wise and not to insult people.

looking at the topic Mikel was tip to make a huge mark for nigeria. and expectec to take over from Okocha
as an attacking midfielder but till date we will all aggree that its been flashe in the pan compared to other no. 10 in nigeria
if youve forgotten "jajay was soo good they named him twice" a popular slogan by BBC
with all respect to MIKEL he was just a shadow of himself. we didnt 'feel' him at the 2014 world cup. the injury to ONAZI just exposed everything and gave room to FRANCE to beat us.

Mikel being substituted in the game against USA. The friendly, exposed Onazi.

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
Just because he scored two(2) friendly goal?
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
ABAKA72: Shut up mr man! must you make a stupiid comment every time a thread is opened, go home first and get some home training before posting your foolishness on a public forum or have you just shown us the kind of family you came from, because they said by their friuts we shall know them.
ur right dude,no wonder showcasing ur family with insults
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
whr stanley okoro todayhim no sabi futbol? whr chrisantus? him too tall abii?? dx ix NIGERIA...... we v rising stars buh as dem rise lk dx na so den turn candle grin grin grin
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Afrok(m): 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Abeg Mikel is still an upcoming artist, he'll be there and Iheanacho will win BET Awards. Let's give Kelechi enough time to mature, he's a talent for d future. He scored again in his second match for man city against ac milan. Let's continue to pray for him that what killed other young players carrers will not locate him. He won't only take d no.10 jersey but lead the SE to glory like he and his colleagues did last year.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by ManTiger(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Some very weak minded person seems to be quoting me abusively but i have this short analysis for you yo all...
Mikel was given Jersey Number 10 but he hardly had/will graced that number at all.
Do you guys know what that number actually stands for? Its the heartbeat, Great footballers are associated with it and not slowpokers...
and lastly, Mikel was opportuned to wear that Jersey cos there was no Midfielder next to Okocha's style and we all had hope in Mikel but No more...
[size=19pt]Mikel's days are Number for wearing #10[/size] cos the real playmaker has come only if we had taken him to the worldcup!

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by vislabraye(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
robosky02:

Kelechi Iheanacho sizzled as he capped an impressive senior debut for Manchester City with a goal in their 4-1 rout of Sporting Kansas City.

Iheanacho, latched onto a cutback from Jesus Navas on top of the box and stroked home with calm composure and precision.

The 17-year-old deservedly took man-of-the-match honours after a performance that embodied class, ease of movement, quick thinking and impeccable passing.

"Iheanacho. Watch out for that name. You're going to be hearing that name for a long time to come. Eye catching display," was the drooling comments from the ESPN commentators post game.

Iheanacho was the star performer as Nigeria's Under-17 team won the World Cup last year, and was the target of Europe's top clubs before signing for City.

with this stand out parformance by Iheanacho at the highest level of football not looking intimidated.And with the fact that Mikel since 2005 refuse to give us a joy with that jaysey.

can we now say we have found a worthy successor to the nigerian no 10 JAYSEY that was once used by JAYJAY okocha, ETIM ESSIEN that made other countries dred us.

what is your take do we retire Mikel now and give IHEANACHO the 10 jaysey
or we keep waiting.....

PEople are funny Oh!! So Iheancho should replace Mikel Obi just based on one watch he played. That's rather too early. Iheancho stiLl has a lot to learn. In 1 to 2 years from now, his game would have significantly improved b4 he thinks of a first team shirt.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Afrok: Abeg Mikel is still an upcoming artist, he'll be there and Iheanacho will win BET Awards. Let's give Kelechi enough time to mature, he's a talent for d future. He scored again in his second match for man city against ac milan. Let's continue to pray for him that what killed other young players carrers will not locate him. He won't only take d no.10 jersey but lead the SE to glory like he and his colleagues did last year.
good citizen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ngozi Ebere Signs For Paris Saint-Germain (Photo) / How Nigeria Won The 1996 Olympics Football Gold / Al-Ittihad Knock Cristiano Ronaldo And Al-Nassr Out Of The Saudi Super Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.