Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company (8598 Views)

Job Vacancy In FMCG Wholesale Distributor / Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company / Salaries Of Entry Level Position In Fmcg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by benchuks(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
An FMCG company located at Ikorodu, Lagos seek to employ the following:

1. Chief Security Officer(CSO)

Responsibilities:

Devise policies and procedures regarding areas such as business continuity planning, loss prevention and fraud prevention, and privacy.
Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company and all its facilities
Identify security initiatives and standards.
Oversee network of vendors and directors who secure the company's assets.
Oversee safeguarding of intellectual property and computer systems.
Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures.
Ensure security is maintained and updated.
Create workplace violence awareness and prevention programs.
Implement video surveillance.
Prioritize security initiatives.
Develop network access and monitoring policies.
Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
Develop emergency procedures and incident responses.
Investigate security breaches.

Qualifications and Requirements:

Should have a degree in relevant discipline
3-5 years minimum
Good communication skills

2. Company Nurse

Responsibilities
-Prompt administering of first aid to any injured staff
-Periodic medical checks on all staff
-Drugs administration and maintenance of first aid box
-Liaising with our Retained clinics in emergency situations
-Vetting of medical bills sent by Hospitals
-Generation of medical reports/cost to management
-Health trainings and implementation of health policies

Qualification and Requirements
A registered and qualified Nurse
2 years and above experience in similar role
Good knowledge of micro soft application systems
Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Good knowledge of micro soft application systems
Strong presentation and interpersonal skills

Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cvs to: careers@giantbeverages.com
Application deadline is two weeks from today.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by peperoni: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,

Please beware of giant beverages Ltd,the company usually owe salary and once you asked for your salary the owner will just sack you.

It is the worst place on earth to work, they only switch on the generator when the owner is around else staffs will sit in the dark or staffs would be asked to contribute for fuel.

Infact the owner is a fraudster and he lies at every instance,he would promise juicy offers like official car,laptop,phones etc but once you're in its a trap.

The owner is a relative of the finance minister and his case of maltreating staffs has been reported countless times to labour authority but nothing seems to have affected him. His name is onyema okonjo.

Nlanders, Please be warned!

7 Likes

Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by singlefade25(f): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
peperoni: Dear Nairalanders,

Please beware of giant beverages Ltd,the company usually owe salary and once you asked for your salary the owner will just sack you.

It is the worst place on earth to work, they only switch on the generator when the owner is around else staffs will sit in the dark or staffs would be asked to contribute for fuel.

Infact the owner is a fraudster and he lies at every instance,he would promise juicy offers like official car,laptop,phones etc but once you're in its a trap.

The owner is a relative of the finance minister and his case of maltreating staffs has been reported countless times to labour authority but nothing seems to have affected him. His name is onyema okonjo.

yeye company
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by singlefade25(f): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
peperoni: Dear Nairalanders,

yeye company, thanks for the info
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by benchuks(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Peperoni, it is most unfortunate that you will choose to misinform the public with your blatant lies. For the record, Giant Beverages does not owe any staff and pls note that there is difference between not paying and delay in payment. For the record again,a company that is yet to start production and has been meeting all its financial obligations especially to staff should be appreciated and encouraged. There has never been a time staff contributes money to buy fuel and such can never happen.
If you have any personal issue with the anyone, please deal with it but not to tarnish the image of the company with blatant lies,thereby discouraging millions of Nigerians who are in need of jobs from applying. It will be proper for you to state facts and not lies.

On a final note, Giant Beverages is a reputable company, fully owned by Nigerians and should be encouraged as it gets ready to compete with other foreign brands in the FMCG sector. For further information with regards to the company, kindly Google it and see things for your self.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by peperoni: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
@benchuks, there's nothing to gain spoiling anybody's image. I once worked with giant(dwarf) beverages some 2yrs ago. Some stubborn and desperate friends of mine also worked there and they can testify.

Attached is the picture of your MD(onyema okonjo) and he's married to the owner of fine and country.

Nairalanders,there's no need to stress this point, a word is a enough!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by seagullbabz(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Oya ooo wia is the defence counsel....she has followed up with a proof...we are waiting...

round 2 begin.....
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by benchuks(m): 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Peperoni,
Can not defend what happened two years ago because i was not there but have been there since the last one year and nothing of such of all you mentioned has happened since the last one year. Salaries are paid and there is job security and staff are very happy working there. Do i need to remind you that as at two years ago as you mentioned, the factory was still under construction and alot has happened since then. All i owe the public is the truth and nothing but the truth. If am not happy with the company, i would have left long time ago. For your information, the above advertised positions has attracted over 400 cvs and we are currently shortlisting. All am saying is that it is wrong for you to be damaging someone's reputation over a minor issue. I am happy you did not say that we are fake or dubious but pls, desist from such pull him down attitude. To be an employer is not a tea party and if you see one, appreciate him and support him rather than blackmail. You mention Fine and Country and you know its staff strength and when you add it with Giant Beverages, you will imagine how much they spend in staff salaries and others. All what all private employers need is support and conducive environment for their business to thrive and when that is done, more unemployed people will be gainfully employed and our country will be better for it.
Thank you and God bless.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
peperoni:
@benchuks, there's nothing to gain spoiling anybody's image. I once worked with giant(dwarf) beverages some 2yrs ago. Some stubborn and desperate friends of mine also worked there and they can testify.

Attached is the picture of your MD(onyema okonjo) and he's married to the owner of fine and country.

Nairalanders,there's no need to stress this point, a word is a enough!
Please, I need to talk to u privately..I don't expect a staff of the company(maybe HR) not to defend the company.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
benchuks:
Peperoni,
Can not defend what happened two years ago because i was not there but have been there since the last one year and nothing of such of all you mentioned has happened since the last one year. Salaries are paid and there is job security and staff are very happy working there. Do i need to remind you that as at two years ago as you mentioned, the factory was still under construction and alot has happened since then. All i owe the public is the truth and nothing but the truth. If am not happy with the company, i would have left long time ago. For your information, the above advertised positions has attracted over 400 cvs and we are currently shortlisting. All am saying is that it is wrong for you to be damaging someone's reputation over a minor issue. I am happy you did not say that we are fake or dubious but pls, desist from such pull him down attitude. To be an employer is not a tea party and if you see one, appreciate him and support him rather than blackmail. You mention Fine and Country and you know its staff strength and when you add it with Giant Beverages, you will imagine how much they spend in staff salaries and others. All what all private employers need is support and conducive environment for their business to thrive and when that is done, more unemployed people will be gainfully employed and our country will be better for it.
Thank you and God bless.
Information reaching me now shows Ure a liar. Ur company doesn't know jack abt Labour laws.. U sacked someone for telling an outsider that he's being owed salary..
Nairalanders, its true, run away when u hear Giant beverages. My cousin went through hell with them.. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by chachazzy(m): 12:52am On Jan 16, 2015
peperoni:
Dear Nairalanders,

cant help but laugh out loud, the speed at which you followed up with this your rebuttal is heart wrecking! Lol, thanks, i stay in ikorodu, although am jobless for now but, i think i ll pass. Lol
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by chachazzy(m): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2015
benchuks:
You mention Fine and Country and you know its staff strength and when you add it with Giant Beverages, you will imagine how much they spend in staff salaries and others.

...and what about the services rendered by the staff to the company? Pls dont make this sound as if you dish out free money to staff without working. For a company to pay its employee #1, it means the employee is making #20 for the company. Deal with it!
Apologies.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2015
chachazzy:

...and what about the services rendered by the staff to the company? Pls dont make this sound as if you dish out free money to staff without working. For a company to pay its employee #1, it means the employee is making #20 for the company. Deal with it!
Apologies.
Na Yeye company ooo! November salary hasn't been paid according to a relative.. if u tell anyone, u will be fired.. The owner is Okonjo iweala's brother.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by odunkha(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
God will punish anyone that come out here to defend that useless he goat called onyema okonjo... Giant beverage MD

He's a useless and fraudulent man. He as render many family useless with his dubious attitude, owing people 4 months salary and he won't feel concern.

I worked there for close to 4 months.
That company will surely fold up in his life time and his generation will suffer even his unborn generation because he has step on so many toes.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by AbbyOloms: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2015
Can someone give me the address for Giant beverages limited at ikorodu. I need to go and submit my cv. Some pls help.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by dhantey324(m): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Jump and pass
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by HaykayIsOkay(m): 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
There are so many company like that taking advantage of their staff all in the name of thr is no job elsewhere. Its in an abnormal condition especially here in Nigeria that when you're paid for a work done or service rendered you begging to praise the company. in a normal condition, every work done and service rendered must be paid at due cost. I know of a company owing their staff which include my brother two years salary but do give them the 10% of their salary every month end so that they can always use it for transport to work. They do promise them heaven and earth so that won't go. Thank God now that my brother is out.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by HaykayIsOkay(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
There are so many company like that taking advantage of their staff all in the name of thr is no job elsewhere. Its in an abnormal condition especially here in Nigeria that when you're paid for a work done or service rendered you begging to praise the company. in a normal condition, every work done and service rendered must be paid at due cost. I know of a company owing their staff which include my brother two years salary but do give them the 10% of their salary every month end so that they can always use it for transport to work. They do promise them heaven and earth so that won't go. Thank God now that my brother is out. Infact, my self is a living witness of an international school that doesn't pay the first month salary. that is the first month you work with them, thr won't be payment for you.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by hoticeman: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
I am not sure what all of you are talking about. It appears that this is the latest thing in Nigeria. Sacked fraudulent staff start posting wrong information about their former bosses or place of work. All of you should go and die. Yeye dey smell. You look at a Nigerian company and a Nigierna man that is doing well and working hard and you are trying to tarnish his image. Can you even do anything like what he has done? The man has built one of the biggest and best factories in the country yet you people come here to talk rubbish.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
benchuks:
@Peperoni, it is most unfortunate that you will choose to misinform the public with your blatant lies. For the record, Giant Beverages does not owe any staff and pls note that there is difference between not paying and delay in payment. For the record again,a company that is yet to start production and has been meeting all its financial obligations especially to staff should be appreciated and encouraged. There has never been a time staff contributes money to buy fuel and such can never happen.
If you have any personal issue with the anyone, please deal with it but not to tarnish the image of the company with blatant lies,thereby discouraging millions of Nigerians who are in need of jobs from applying. It will be proper for you to state facts and not lies.

On a final note, Giant Beverages is a reputable company, fully owned by Nigerians and should be encouraged as it gets ready to compete with other foreign brands in the FMCG sector. For further information with regards to the company, kindly Google it and see things for your self.

Onyeama Okonjo was owner and CEO or SOlix Technologies back in the days and hired a lot of female staff.. nearly 75% of his staff were female.
It was a good stride but he was also a 2-faced lying crook which is why the company failed. Owner of PC Outlet and another IT company in Abuja.. enjoyed a lot of contracts influenced by his sister's presence as Minister of Finance in the OBJ era

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by Nikesh: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Dear
Friends

My self Nikesh Gedam from India, Recently I was the Rroduction Manager for Giant Beverage Company. It is very much truth that company owes to much salaries of their employee and they sack any time to there employee........... so please be carefull if you planning to join Giant Beverage..............even company is owing my three month salary. company MD is weeked....
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by omoelerin1: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
peperoni:
Dear Nairalanders,

na biafran, no wonder.
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by omoelerin1: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
HaykayIsOkay:
There are so many company like that taking advantage of their staff all in the name of thr is no job elsewhere. Its in an abnormal condition especially here in Nigeria that when you're paid for a work done or service rendered you begging to praise the company. in a normal condition, every work done and service rendered must be paid at due cost. I know of a company owing their staff which include my brother two years salary but do give them the 10% of their salary every month end so that they can always use it for transport to work. They do promise them heaven and earth so that won't go. Thank God now that my brother is out. Infact, my self is a living witness of an international school that doesn't pay the first month salary. that is the first month you work with them, thr won't be payment for you.
So what will they tell you for not paying first month salary?
Re: Urgent Vacancies In FMCG Company by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
hoticeman:
I am not sure what all of you are talking about. It appears that this is the latest thing in Nigeria. Sacked fraudulent staff start posting wrong information about their former bosses or place of work. All of you should go and die. Yeye dey smell. You look at a Nigerian company and a Nigierna man that is doing well and working hard and you are trying to tarnish his image. Can you even do anything like what he has done? The man has built one of the biggest and best factories in the country yet you people come here to talk rubbish.

I don't think you are okay, for someone to spend 4 to 5 years in the University, even more than that and after graduation you now fall in the hand of a wicked employer, what kind of bitterness and sadness of the highest order would that be. Even if am rich enough now to establish a company in Nigeria at least I still deserve to receive the wages/salaries of my labour wherever I work.
If that is all private companies employer do treat their employees, imagine what would have happened to all job seekers.
So, please if you don't have anything good to say just keep quiet.

(1) (Reply)

Npower: Payment Status Reversed Due To Network Instability / Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Diamond Bank Application Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.