Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,477 members, 7,850,650 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. (1469 Views)

Heavy Security As Saraki’s Supporters Storm CCT / Heavy Security Presence In Kaduna / Heavy Security As Aregbesola & Osinbajo Appear Before Tribunal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, yesterday said that the August 9, gubernatorial election in Osun State would be conducted under tight security.Jega who made the disclosure yesterday in Abuja at a workshop for media executives said that the commission’s interest was to secure the electoral process in Osun State, protect INEC personnel and material and make the environment for the election peaceful for people to come out and vote.
He dismissed as misconception the position by some politicians that the just held Ekiti governorship election was militarised even as he explained why some voters in Ekiti did not find their names in the voters’ register.
He also reacted on various controversial issues about the conduct of election in some states of the federation in recent past and the preparation for the Osun State governorship election.

On the alleged militarisation of the Ekiti election, Jega said: “I am a student of Political Science. I have done a number of papers on militarisation. So, I know the meaning of militarisation. There is no way anybody can define what happened in Ekiti as militarisation.
“But there was heavy security presence. All we can say is that there should be no over bearing presence of security operatives, particularly soldiers.“Again, we can’t dictate on the number of security officials that should be deployed,” he said, adding that there was no reason to condemn what happened in Ekiti as against the global best practice.“This is because every country has its own context. We know security has its own challenge in Nigeria.
Security deployment is a function of variables. All I want is for the security agencies to do everything to secure the electoral process in Osun,” he said.
On the missing names of voters from the voters’ register, Jega explained that those who were victims might have been involved in multiple registrations.
He said: “Let me say this: involvement in multiple registrations is an offence.

When you do, our database makes it easy for us to detect because we can see your photographs, your fingerprints and the time you do all the registrations not withstanding whether you wear different clothes or cap or head gear.“If you do multiple registrations, we retain only one and remove others from the system. The problem now is that a person who did multiple registrations will not know which was removed and which was retained. So, when such person gets to the polling booth, waiving his voter’s card and can not find his name, he begins to complain that he did register, but that he could not find his name in the voter’s register,” he said.Jega, yesterday, also confirmed that there would be election in all the states under emergency rule.

The commission boss said that contrary to media reports that election would not be conducted in such states, he said election would hold in all states where the tenure of office of sitting governors has expired.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/osun-electionll-witness-heavy-security-presence-jega/

1 Like

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by Decibel: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
cheesy cool
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by dunkem21(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chai; Aregbe is gone!

1 Like

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by thunderrider: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Better

or else na charm and jazz go full everywhere on election day

abi wetin the gov. suggest?
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Again, the supporters of APC are proved wrong. While they are everywhere castigating FG for not doing enough in securing wise, they at the same time blaming them for over security. But it was the same over security that ensured their victory in Edo State.

APC yeye no be small.

7 Likes

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by chimerase2: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
But the APC re still in court ova de issue undecided
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by tit(f): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
No rigging!
No rigging, no roasting!
Soldiers have orders to shoot APC riggers at sight!
no salami!

1 Like

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by ratiken(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
chimerase2: But the APC re still in court ova de issue undecided

Any judge that rules against the security of our nation will be fed to the dogs. Violence before, during and after elections must be avoided at all cost.

The supporters of APC though synonymous to violence should not be given room to perperate any violence.
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
thunderrider: Better

or else na charm and jazz go full everywhere on election day

abi wetin the gov. suggest?
APC has realised that without any extraordinary measures, they'll never win election hence their desperation for KILL AND ROAST......... Tinubu.
GO TO POLL WITH JUJU........ AREGBESOLA.
Now I know why PDP was desperate to put AYO SALAMI where he belong in order to show all the ALABA MARKET Judges the consequences of being used by corrupt politicians like Tinubu.
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Viewing this topic:konjakonja(m),thunderrider,............ Mynd44 .............. and 4 guest.

FRONT PAGE PLEASE.
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by Monimatic(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
chai, this Jega statement will give APC members n bootlickers sleepless night n high blood pressure .. there will be no room to perpetuate violence n use juju in Osun election by APC .
APC is finished , they didn't complain, of voters intimidation n militarization when over 5000 soldiers were deployed for the Edo state election in which Oshiomole (APC) won, now they crying about too much Security in Ekiti n Osun election.
supporters of APC (APC) on the brink

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by simplex2: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Damboa is still under boko haram control. Na during election the military dey show all its might!

Misplaced priorities!

4 Likes

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by Monimatic(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
simplex2: Damboa is still under boko haram control. Na during election the military dey show all its might!

Misplaced priorities!
Another APC/supporter of APC bootlicker detected

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
simplex2: Damboa is still under boko haram control. Na during election the military dey show all its might!

Misplaced priorities!
CRY ME A RIVER.

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by engrflames: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
No room 4 rigging; Apc now in a very tight corner.

1 Like

Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by simplex2: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
Monimatic:
Another APC/supporter of APC bootlicker detected
Fa.'ot! Swerve to the left mbok!
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by brownlords: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
Monimatic: chai, this Jega statement will give APC members n bootlickers sleepless night n high blood pressure .. there will be no room to perpetuate violence n use juju in Osun election by APC .
APC is finished , they didn't complain, of voters intimidation n militarization when over 5000 soldiers were deployed for the Edo state election in which Oshiomole (APC) won, now they crying about too much Security in Ekiti n Osun election.
supporters of APC (APC) on the brink

Welcome to my country, sometime ago we use to complain of lack of security in election, i've seen election with only 3 police with baton in poling unit. i've seen political parties give their thugs police uniform to disguise as security men, and bring thugs to steal ballot box and exchange. Now we are in the era we now have to complain there is too much security in election, i still can't understand how come only APC is complaining of this.

APC should focus more on the people and go meet the village women and market women that has the power to decide who governs them and leave the media, they are loosing it already, APC loosing Osun means we are doom and PDP become comfortable again.
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2014
brownlords:

Welcome to my country, sometime ago we use to complain of lack of security in election, i've seen election with only 3 police with baton in poling unit. i've seen political parties give their thugs police uniform to disguise as security men, and bring thugs to steal ballot box and exchange. Now we are in the era we now have to complain there is too much security in election, i still can't understand how come only APC is complaining of this.

APC should focus more on the people and go meet the village women and market women that has the power to decide who governs them and leave the media, they are loosing it already, APC loosing Osun means we are doom and PDP become comfortable again.
Word.
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by Longeria(m): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
brownlords:

Unbiased comment.
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
brownlords:

Let he who has eyes read the truth
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by PhockPhockMan: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
engrflames: No room 4 rigging; Apc now in a very tight corner.
grin grin grin grin
Re: OSUN ELECTION’LL WITNESS HEAVY SECURITY PRESENCE -Jega. by worthytalk: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
I support heavy security presence in osun govship election on the 9th of August. Let the popular candidate win.

(1) (Reply)

Panic In Calabar As Military Aircraft Hovers Round The City This Morning. / Multichoice’s Scheme For Defrauding Nigerians Exposed, Police Arrests Two Ceo / Where It All Went Wrong For Nigeria,adekunle's Role & D Way Forward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.