Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? (19668 Views)

Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script / What Is The Origin Of Clapping/applause And Why Is It So Widespread? / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? by nexstorm(m): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
kingston277: @ nexstorm

Illiterates on here are boasting about superiority/enlightenment over their forefathers?
I laugh in twi. grin
. So quick to pull the trigger..you aren't different from them either.Had such understanding But gave it up easily over Some foreign or imported language and writing skill. instead of defending their effort.in ur understanding "if you do have" do you think your children would forefeit English that has strive for this..This is a simple display of unbelief in their works.
Re: Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? by kingston277(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
nexstorm: . So quick to pull the trigger..you aren't different from them either.Had such understanding But gave it up easily over Some foreign or imported language and writing skill. instead of defending their effort.in ur understanding "if you do have" do you think your children would forefeit English that has strive for this..This is a simple display of unbelief in their works.
How is actually researching, translating and encouraging teaching/literacy of nsibidi written records from our forefathers equivalent to what you do?
Are you sure you read the same post I wrote?
Re: Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? by nexstorm(m): 12:53am On Jul 29, 2014
kingston277:
How is actually researching, translating and encouraging teaching/literacy of nsibidi written records from our forefathers equivalent to what you do?
Are you sure you read the same post I wrote?
. *sighs* I don't know oh.. Sorry to bother you.
Re: Where Is The Origin Of The "Nsibidi" Form Of Writing? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
quid:

ok. I will not call u igbophobic anymore. But please stop attacking my brothers and sisters.

The origin of nsibidi is lost. All that is left is mere guesswork.
Besides SE had many variants of the ekpe/mgbe/okonko secret society

Okonko!!! I have been trying to remember this name for the past 2 years. Thank you. How do we go forward? I really want to learn this Nsibidi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Superstition Of The Osu Cast System In Igbo Land / Yoruba Traditional Marriage - What Are The Steps Involved? Pls Help: / Are Africans Proud Of Black Americans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.