Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr (3474 Views)

Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? / New Arrivals! Blackberrys: Torch Bold2 And Bold4 Pictures Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by duwdu: 9:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Dear fellow Nairalanders...

Here’s why many people want their BlackBerrys back after switching to iOS and Android

MOBILE
By Zach Epstein on Jul 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Email @zacharye

Following the release of the original iPhone in 2007 and the subsequent launch of Android, many people with work-issued phones spent years asking for their employers to switch away from BlackBerry smartphones to more modern devices. Finally, as Apple and Google increased their focus on security and BlackBerry hit dire straights a few years ago, workers began getting what that wanted and bring your own device (BYOD) policies became more common.

More recently, however, an interesting trend is being observed: Workers want their BlackBerrys back.

FROM EARLIER: BlackBerry says its square phone is already stealing back iOS and Android users

CIO’s Tom Kaneshige reports on an interesting phenomenon that we’ve heard rumblings of in the past. At companies where employees were permitted to ditch their work-issued BlackBerry phones and bring their own iPhones and Android handsets, they’re now begging their IT departments to move back to BlackBerry.

Why? It turns out there are a few reasons.

For one thing, there are privacy concerns. When workers use their own iOS and Android devices, IT departments gain access to all of their private data in addition to any corporate apps that might be on the devices. It’s never a good thing when you have to hand over a smartphone packed full of naked selfies so that IT can fix an issue with email not syncing properly.

Beyond that, IT professionals Kaneshige spoke with say they are having some serious problems with mobile device management (MDM) software, and the related on-device apps often cause issues like battery drain and device bogging.

The full report is an interesting read and it’s linked below in our source section.

TAGS:ANDROID, BLACKBERRY, IPHONE

Source: http://bgr.com/2014/07/23/blackberry-vs-android-vs-iphone/

P34c3
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by Truman155(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
i still will not buy a bb phone ..................btw who have nokia pin mouth charger!
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by CoolKizzy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
BB, IOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Nexus, Ubuntu, Nokia, Samsung, IPhone, Blackberry, HTC, Tecno, etc. they are all cool, they all offer the basic modern mobile needs. it's all a matter of choice. . .

4 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by Dclique(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
No offence o, but i think iPhones are overrated.

9 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ignis: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
Who is comparing Android and Blackberry phones?

Ignorance at its peak...

2 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by Bosun13: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
after tested ios and android I later back to BlackBerry bt not old type of BlackBerry I mean bb10 now I'm using z30 and thr is nothing android and ios can do that bb10 can't do

6 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by henry007(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
I need to return to BB10 any which way . considering z3 or q5
leaning towards z3

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by lanre316: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
I would have gladly bought their BB10 devices if only Blackberry company could have been smart enough to include BIS on it or at least make it an option for those who love BIS services. For now I don't see any need to upgrade to any Z10 or q5.It's the same reason I came back to BB after using android smartphones for some time. I'm still enjoying my generous data allowance via BIS on my Bold 5, after using android and realising that using a powerful smartphone without an easily affordable data plan is like using a powerful car that always drains fuel unnecessarily. I will rather use a decent car with efficient fuel management. That's me. Anybody is free to his own choice.

13 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by kevoh(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
cheesy cheesy The ios and android bandwagon gradually returning to base (Blackberry). cheesy cheesy

#TeamBlackberry pour toujours!

6 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by mathmatica: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
lanre316: I would have gladly bought their BB10 devices if only Blackberry company could have been smart enough to include BIS on it or at least make it an option for those who love BIS services. For now I don't see any need to upgrade to any Z10 or q5.It's the same reason I came back to BB after using android smartphones for some time. I'm still enjoying my generous data allowance via BIS on my Bold 5, after using android and realising that using a powerful smartphone without an easily affordable data plan is like using a powerful car that always drains fuel unnecessarily. I will rather use a decent car with efficient fuel management. That's me. Anybody is free to his own choice.
...Talking about data consumption on non BlackBerry devices, I don't think that's a problem considering the fact that airtel bis work also on android devices...BlackBerry is cool only if you are on MTN bis.

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ByfireByfire: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
When Blackberry put on their thinking cap and release dual sim phones for Asia and Africa then you can call me.

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by djblue007(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nokia E6,neat and in good condition 4 sale.Call 08062417052.I stay in Akure.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by alotofgrace(m): 4:50am On Jul 26, 2014
amazon fire on android, TVs on android, wrist watches on android, soon ur smart house will run android in collaboration with Java -the era of internet of things and BB? i dont know what to say
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by Mafia4life(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2014
@op
You are the writer and the thinker of your assumption... Telling us that old BB fits best for office work is a fat joke...
There are so many official functions ( office apps ) lacking in old BB that is very available in iOS, Android and BB10.... Who plans to hack you down will definitely hack you.... It depends on your carelessness..
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ogawisdom(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2014
lanre316: I would have gladly bought their BB10 devices if only Blackberry company could have been smart enough to include BIS on it or at least make it an option for those who love BIS services. For now I don't see any need to upgrade to any Z10 or q5.It's the same reason I came back to BB after using android smartphones for some time. I'm still enjoying my generous data allowance via BIS on my Bold 5, after using android and realising that using a powerful smartphone without an easily affordable data plan is like using a powerful car that always drains fuel unnecessarily. I will rather use a decent car with efficient fuel management. That's me. Anybody is free to his own choice.

U jst nailed it, wetin remain nw is hw can I share my bis with my laptop or other devices. Any idea on hw to go abt this I use mtn n I ve tried wifi, hotspot n bb desktop manager without success.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by lanre316: 10:40am On Jul 26, 2014
ogawisdom:

U jst nailed it, wetin remain nw is hw can I share my bis with my laptop or other devices. Any idea on hw to go abt this I use mtn n I ve tried wifi, hotspot n bb desktop manager without success.

I've only been able to use glo BIS on my PC via BlackBerry desktop manager. I only input the apn= blackberry.net and password/username = flat.

I tried this on mtn or Etisalat bis with their own respective apn and password but no luck, yet. Only glo does it for me.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ogawisdom(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2014
lanre316:

I've only been able to use glo BIS on my PC via BlackBerry desktop manager. I only input the apn= blackberry.net and password/username = flat.

I tried this on mtn or Etisalat bis with their own respective apn and password but no luck, yet. Only glo does it for me.

Ok but do u kw if hotspot ll still work on sharing glo bis on other devices
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by lanre316: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2014
ogawisdom:

I don't think so cos there is no option for Hotspot on blackberry desktop manager. Only USB and Bluetooth connection. And only with USB connection did it work for me. That's for PC.

As for directly sharing BIS on blackberry with other devices, only airtel does that. And you don't even need a blackberry to use airtel BIS.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by orimion(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2014
Bosun13: after tested ios and android I later back to BlackBerry bt not old type of BlackBerry I mean bb10 now I'm using z30 and thr is nothing android and ios can do that bb10 can't do
I'm not sure o, but can you place data files(obb files) on bb, can you root it,?

2 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by lilTunechi(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
djblue007: Nokia E6,neat and in good condition 4 sale.Call 08062417052.I stay in Akure.
Here Resemble GSM village for your eyes? Are U a Learner?
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by lanre316: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
mathmatica: ...Talking about data consumption on non BlackBerry devices, I don't think that's a problem considering the fact that airtel bis work also on android devices...BlackBerry is cool only if you are on MTN bis.

You are right.
Until Android smartphones have a data plan where I can download 3GB files with N100 will I return to Android. I love MTN DAILY BIS die. It comes handy whenever I need to download movies and huge files.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
bb1o can only do a pinch of what android and iOS can do.... get your facts right....android and iOS are miles ahead of bb10. go and root your BB then come back and argue
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by maxibrainz: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
Bosun13: after tested ios and android I later back to BlackBerry bt not old type of BlackBerry I mean bb10 now I'm using z30 and thr is nothing android and ios can do that bb10 can't do
pls download any hd game like mc5 on your bb10 come back and give your testimony
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by Mafia4life(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
maxibrainz: pls download any hd game like mc5 on your bb10 come back and give your testimony
It is not about game... Gaming is not an official need...

2 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ikbtn: 1:00am On Jul 27, 2014
ogawisdom:

Yes it will work, just change d apn of ur BlackBerry to blackberry.net dats all, den u can put on ur hot spot and connect to oda devices, it works without stress.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ikbtn: 1:04am On Jul 27, 2014
orimion: I'm not sure o, but can you place data files(obb files) on bb, can you root it,?
Yes u can place obb files on bb, but u can't root it cos it's not an android phone, it just has d ability to install android apps and games cos of d android runtime pre-installed in d os
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ikbtn: 1:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Guys u pple shld atleast commend blackberry a Lil for d job well done in d os10, from what I knw, android devices cannot install ios files or bar files neither can ios install android files or bar files, but blackberry made it possible to install android games ND apps in dier devices, dis is enuf to give dem hand, abeg dem try jare. Wat else do u need an android device wen u can run d same games and apps on a BlackBerry dat doesn't lag, 2gb worth of ram. Plus cheap data thanks to glo dat makes u enjoy 3gb data for just 1k, abeg blackberry thumbs up to u guys, this is called satisfaction at its peak to me. In d nxt blackberry os update dats d 10.3, android apps and games will be fully compatible on d blackberry with a faster launch, dan d 10.2. Blackberry is coming wit full force oo, make una watch out. grin
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by lanre316: 5:50am On Jul 27, 2014
ikbtn: Guys u pple shld atleast commend blackberry a Lil for d job well done in d os10, from what I knw, android devices cannot install ios files or bar files neither can ios install android files or bar files, but blackberry made it possible to install android games ND apps in dier devices, dis is enuf to give dem hand, abeg dem try jare. Wat else do u need an android device wen u can run d same games and apps on a BlackBerry dat doesn't lag, 2gb worth of ram. Plus cheap data thanks to glo dat makes u enjoy 3gb data for just 1k, abeg blackberry thumbs up to u guys, this is called satisfaction at its peak to me. In d nxt blackberry os update dats d 10.3, android apps and games will be fully compatible on d blackberry with a faster launch, dan d 10.2. Blackberry is coming wit full force oo, make una watch out. grin

But this is only good for those using Glo as primary line, remember BB10 has no dual sim variant. How about those people whose primary line are mtn or Etisalat. They won't be able to enjoy the generous data allowance of BIS on it. The blackberry company should have allowed BIS normally on BB10 devices like they did on previous BB. That's my only gripe with them, other than that bb10 devices are cool. Most people in developing countries will appreciate a cheaper data bundle.
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by ikbtn: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
lanre316:

But this is only good for those using Glo as primary line, remember BB10 has no dual sim variant. How about those people whose primary line are mtn or Etisalat. They won't be able to enjoy the generous data allowance of BIS on it. The blackberry company should have allowed BIS normally on BB10 devices like they did on previous BB. That's my only gripe with them, other than that bb10 devices are cool. Most people in developing countries will appreciate a cheaper data bundle.
True talk but as a user of a bb10 phone, I believe one shld be buoyant enuf 2 get a small Nokia touch light phone and insert d main line in it, in fact dats d best cos ull be rest assured ur main line will be active for a long time cos of battery power and get a glo line to insert in d bb, it's very convenient at this manner since we know d nature of things pertaining BlackBerry subscriptions, and glo finally made it possible for d bis to be used on bb10 devices, making things economical in this sense. So I believe anybody shld be able to take this manner of approach for easy life grin
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by NEROSKY(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2014

ignorance and apologist
Re: Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr by djblue007(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
lilTunechi: Here Resemble GSM village for your eyes? Are U a Learner?
NA U BE LEARNER!
This was posted in the right thread if u dont know the rules guiding nl.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Everyone Selling Their Xiaomi Fones Na? / Redmi Note 10 Pro (N126,500) Vs TECNO Camon 16 Premier (N123,000) - photos / Phone Users: When Did You Visit Cyber-Cafe Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.