Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? (2169 Views)

See The Job Borno State Governor Appointed 5 People To Carry Out(Pictured) / 2015 Election : Who Is To Honour As "The Politician Of The Year?" / 2015 Presidental Election: Who Is Winning? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Who among the Political Gladiators is fit to occupy the Highest Position in the land? Who's the Best Administrator among the Major Contenders?
Meet the Gladiators

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Q7TjrA1wvR0/TgrigGzQalI/AAAAAAAACVg/S8pSwTePS7w/s640/GoodluckJonathan.jpg[/img]CONTENDER: Dr. GOODLUCK EBELEMI JONATHAN
Likely Running Mate: Arch. Nemadi Sambo
Party: People's Democratic Party, PDP
Highest Position: President, Federal Republic of Nigeria(Incumbent)
Other Political Positions: Vice President of Nigeria, Governor and Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT:
1. The Speedy Signing into Law of Freedom of Information Bill and Press Freedom
2. The revitalisation of the Agricultural Sector, which is unprecedented in the history of Nigeria.

MAJOR SETBACKS:
1. His Pardon for Corrupt Politicians and Failure to prosecute alleged corrupt government officials. He has been accused of aiding corruption
2. The Rising insecurity and insurgency notably in the North East and FCT which has dented his Government's image in the International Community
3. The allegation of Missing $20b against his regime by then CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido is causing embarrassmment
4. Unnecessary Spending, Committees and Appointments that has pegged Recurrent Expenditure to 76%. This has affected the economy

[img]http://4.bp..com/-FLEMby82Bjk/UM8q2PMqCqI/AAAAAAAADZw/AJjilORLpJQ/s1600/Muhammadu+Buhari.jpg[/img]
MAJOR GEN. MUHAMMADU BUHARI

Likely Running Mate: Unknown
Party: All Progressive Congress, APC
Highest Position Attained: Military Head of State and Commander in Chief, 1983-1985
Other Political Positions: PTF Chairman, Minister of Petroleum, NNPC Chairman, Military Governor of North Eastern State(Defunct)

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT

War Against Indiscipline
Which Came In Stages

a. Queuing (March 20, 1984)

b. Work Ethics (May 1, 1984)

c. Nationalism and Patriotism (August 21, 1984)

d. Anti-Corruption and Economic Sabotage (May 14, 1985)

e. Environmental Sanitation (July 29, 1985).
His Stance on AntiCorruption is equaled to non. Obasanjo termed him "The Most Honest Nigeria Public Servant"
His Govt. revitalize the economy of Nigeria and reduced inflation.

MAJOR SETBACK:
1.The Missing N2.8billion oil money as Petroleum Minister, He denied the allegation. Buhari got so angry with the Western Press during this period with the way it was constantly reported.
2.Decree 4 on the Press. The essence of the Decree was to gag and intimidate the Press to a toothless bulldog that could neither bark nor bite. He never trusted the Press and Made sure that there wasn't freedom of Information during his Regime as Head of State.
3.The 1983 Coup D'tat, toppling a DEMOCRATICALLY elected Government of President Shehu Shagari that truncated Nigeria's building democracy when Nigeria was Preparing for another election. He opened a floodgate for successive Juntas
4.Extra Judicial killing of 4 youths accused of Drug Trafficking by his Administration.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/25745_Atiku-07-12-2005_giff2f4ecdab2f542f9d8dfaef6816e1932[/img]

ALHAJI ATIKU ABUBAKAR

Likely Running mate: Unknown
Highest Position: Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999-2007
Other Political Positions: Chairman, PTDF

MAJOR ACHIEVEMNENT:
A successful businessman and philantropist.

MAJOR SETBACK:
1. Allegation of Mismanagement of Funds accrued to PTDF during his tenure as its Chairman. This allegation is yet to be cleared.
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by jaybee3(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
They haven't declared na oga

How about a list of those you feel should run for the highly coveted office
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Decibel: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Gej Till 2019

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Continued.....

DR. RABIU KWANKWASO

Likely Running Mate: Mr. Babatunde Fashola
Highest Position: Governor of Kano State (Incumbent)
Other Political Positions: Minister of Defence, Special Adviser to President Obasanjo, NDDC Board Member

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT:
1. Has Revitalise the Kano State Economy, cut Government Spendings like Security Votes, Scrapped Office of the First Lady, Cut MDAs and other Govt. wastage
2. Kano State Capital Expenditure under Kwakwanso is Pegged at 75% of the 2013 Budget. In 2012, it was 67%. A remarkable achievement in Governance in Nigeria
3. Security situation in Kano state has been hailed by many. He curtailed inter-religious clashes.
4. He's known to follow the Rule of Law unlike most of his peers.

MAJOR SETBACK:
1. Was accused of Mismanagement by Jonathan's Administration. However, He challeneged the Jonathan Administration to probe and expose him if he has anything against him. The Jonathan Administration Never responded

ALHAJI SULE LAMIDO

Likely Running Mate: Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi
Highest Position: Governor of Jigawa State(Incumbent)
Other Position: Nigeria's Foreign Minister

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT:

1. His State Has arguably the Best Health Care services in the Country. With Free Maternal and Child Care, Payment of allowances to students of Health Technology among others

MAJOR SETBACK
1. His Son,Aminu has been prosecuted and convicted by a Federal High Court in Kano, investigation as to how he came by the money has led investigations to uncover a web of money laundering in which billions of naira from Jigawa state government accounts are funnelled into the accounts of companies run by the Jigawa state governor and his two sons.
2. His Administration is said to have diverted over $10b through his Two Sons.
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
jaybee3: They haven't declared na oga

Oga the contenders has shown interest through their body languages.

Pls see updated. I don't Know why Antispambot banned barcanista
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by adanduka: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
We'll keep managing GEJ till a more capable hand shows interest.

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by uzeba(m): 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Different people with one mindset!! Na only God know who!!
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by MARKone(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
BUHARI sure pass!!

2 Likes

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
MARKone: BUHARI sure pass!!
Me think Kwankwaso is the Best Man for the Job...
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by PhockPhockMan: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Who among the Political Gladiators is fit to occupy the Highest Position in the land? Who's the Best Administrator among the Major Contenders?
Meet the Gladiators

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Q7TjrA1wvR0/TgrigGzQalI/AAAAAAAACVg/S8pSwTePS7w/s640/GoodluckJonathan.jpg[/img]CONTENDER: Dr. GOODLUCK EBELEMI JONATHAN
Likely Running Mate: Arch. Nemadi Sambo
Highest Position: President, Federal Republic of Nigeria(Incumbent)
Other Political Positions: Vice President of Nigeria, Governor and Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT:
1. The Speedy Signing into Law of Freedom of Information Bill and Press Freedom
2. The revitalisation of the Agricultural Sector, which is unprecedented in the history of Nigeria.

MAJOR SETBACKS:
1. His Pardon for Corrupt Politicians and Failure to prosecute alleged corrupt government officials. He has been accused of aiding corruption
2. The Rising insecurity and insurgency notably in the North East and FCT which has dented his Government's image in the International Community
3. The allegation of Missing $20b against his regime by then CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido is causing embarrassmment
4. Unnecessary Spending, Committees and Appointments that has pegged Recurrent Expenditure to 76%. This has affected the economy

Op, I know you you're antiJONATHAN hence you're quickness in listing only two achievements and five SETBACKS. Where did you kept Education, especially the establishment of nine new universities and Almajiri education. Reactivation and modernisation of Railway, science and technology. Economic boost. Aviation revolution. Roads. Strong foreign policy and Diaspora protection policies. etc
Why won't they ban you.

9 Likes

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Op, I know you you're antiJONATHAN hence you're quickness in listing only two achievements and five SETBACKS. Where did you kept Education, especially the establishment of nine new universities and Almajiri education. Reactivation and modernisation of Railway, science and technology. Economic boost. Aviation revolution. Roads. Strong foreign policy and Diaspora protection policies. etc
Why won't they ban you.
I didn't list 2 Achievements. I listed 2 MAJOR achievement.
The FOI Law is One Reason I love jonathan. The whole world Stood Up for him the day he Signed it into law.
The Agriculture revamp is equal to non. I never mentioned road or anything generic.

between, I am not antiJonathan.

2 Likes

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Energito: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Guy waiting you wan her from yroouba man again?
PhockPhockMan: Op, I know you you're antiJONATHAN hence you're quickness in listing only two achievements and five SETBACKS. Where did you kept Education, especially the establishment of nine new universities and Almajiri education. Reactivation and modernisation of Railway, science and technology. Economic boost. Aviation revolution. Roads. Strong foreign policy and Diaspora protection policies. etc
Why won't they ban you.
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by PhockPhockMan: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
Energito: Guy waiting you wan her from yroouba man again?
Nna men, he even listed so called $20billion missing money.

http://www.punchng.com/news/sanusi-lied-about-49-8bn-missing-money-senate-committee/

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by macpetrus(m): 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
SULE LAMIDO or GEJ.

TeamPDP!!!!
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by OtunbaJega: 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
Anything but Jonathan

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Caracta(f): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
jaybee3: They haven't declared na oga

I've been looking for you.

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Davo93(m): 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Well articulated observations but scanty. The President has done more than you highlighted there(even if you say major). I was expecting you to mention the creation of the new Universities & Polytechnics there. I also hold in high esteem his signing into law the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act.

As for Buhari, I was expecting his alleged statement after he lost the 2011 election to make this nation ungovernable for the President in relation to the activities of the dreaded Islamic Sect to have formed the crust of his major setback.

BTW, I expect many to tag me Pro-Jonathan & Anti-Buhari because of this post. No need to worry, I fully understand that you have the right to your views and opinion.

2 Likes

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by talktimi(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Maj Hamza al Mustapha for president
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Goodluck ofcourse or is it boko hari?? Nanana! I wish fashola had come out for president, I would have dropped goodluck I tell you but as it is, goodluck is the best option there. We don't want islamic extremists who will tax christians and arrest christians who don't fast during ramadan! Abeg jona is the best option in that list
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
aint no basis for this opinion poll:aint no vacancy at da villa...perood..

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Faun(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
OP failed to mention the revitalisation of the Railway system which was comatose all the years.

He also failed to mention the commendable efforts towards the birth of our indigenous automobile manufacturing sector.

He also failed to mention the investment in our film industry which is set to help improve our greatest export to the rest of Africa (Nollywood), promote self-employment and help us tell our own stories.

But funny enough, he's quick to list that 20 billion dollar fable which has even been refuted by the senate.
Don't think the thread is worth it at this point.

But again, that's none of my business.
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Faun: OP failed to mention the revitalisation of the Railway system which was comatose all the years.

He also failed to mention the commendable efforts towards the birth of our indigenous automobile manufacturing sector.

He also failed to mention the investment in our film industry which is set to help improve our greatest export to the rest of Africa (Nollywood), promote self-employment and help us tell our own stories.

But funny enough, he's quick to list that 20 billion dollar fable which has even been refuted by the senate.
Don't think the thread is worth it at this point.

But again, that's none of my business.
The Railway is not revamped yet...still in the process! Beside the high fares, the trains aren't reaching many places..It doesn't mean nothing is happening.

The Auto policy is still a paper policy for now. It becomes an achievement when functional and result seen. As at now...not yet!

As for nollywood?hahahaahahaha for real? Nolly has little or nothing to do with Govt...I'm sure yu are among those that listed "facebook" as achievement. No American President wl mention hollywood.

As for the $20b, that allegation is allegation..do you knw the meaning of "Alleged"?
Beside, Buhari was also alleged of N1.8b oil missing money...

Don't be silly... Don't be quick to criticise
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by JEITO: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
There are only two contestants; GEJ and others.

I go for GEJ( the Presi wey sabi)
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by rozayx5(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: I didn't list 2 Achievements. I listed 2 MAJOR achievement.
The FOI Law is One Reason I love jonathan. The whole world Stood Up for him the day he Signed it into law.
The Agriculture revamp is equal to non. I never mentioned road or anything generic.

between, I am not antiJonathan.

so nine new universities is not major when GEJ does it
and the railways must have been functioning under OBJ
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
rozayx5:

so nine new universities is not major when GEJ does it
and the railways must have been functioning under OBJ
bros yu should read my comments again. Buhari for instant built 3 Refineries.... I didn't mention that. I only mentioned what has direct impact on ppl's lives. Building uni is nt all that is needed in edu sector...ASUU and asup went on Long strike few months ago. Pls let's nt just go there

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Faun(m): 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: The Railway is not revamped yet...still in the process! Beside the high fares, the trains aren't reaching many places..It doesn't mean nothing is happening.

The Auto policy is still a paper policy for now. It becomes an achievement when functional and result seen. As at now...not yet!

As for nollywood?hahahaahahaha for real? Nolly has little or nothing to do with Govt...I'm sure yu are among those that listed "facebook" as achievement. No American President wl mention hollywood.

As for the $20b, that allegation is allegation..do you knw the meaning of "Alleged"?
Beside, Buhari was also alleged of N1.8b oil missing money...

Don't be silly... Don't be quick to criticise

Clearly, you know nothing about the 300 million naira grant Goodluck Jonathan has set aside for Nollywood to help improve their quality and technique. With movies like Dr. Bello and the rest all coming out on celluloid, where did you think the money came from? Read up on it if you're in the dark: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/govts-n300m-nollywood-fund-ready-for-disbursement/

"The railway is not revamped yet. Still in the process"? Same way I can say Kwankwaso's capital expenditure (future investment) is yet to yield any fruits, cuz it's still in the process; but you had no problems listing that one, did you Barcanista?

"Alleged" is an empty cop-out in this context because it has been thrashed by the senate as nothing but an empty lie; the same way anyone can "allege" I am a mass-murderer. But if you've got no facts to support it, then it deserves no listening ear. Plain and simple.

3 Likes

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by rozayx5(m): 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: bros yu should read my comments again. Buhari for instant built 3 Refineries .... I didn't mention that. I only mentioned what has direct impact on ppl's lives. Building uni is nt all that is needed in edu sector...ASUU and asup went on Long strike few months ago. Pls let's nt just go there

am not doubting

but evidence please cool

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
rozayx5:

am not doubting

but evidence please cool
a simple research will help
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
Faun:

Clearly, you know nothing about the 300 million naira grant Goodluck Jonathan has set aside for Nollywood to help improve their quality and technique. With movies like Dr. Bello and the rest all coming out on celluloid, where did you think the money came from? Read up on it if you're in the dark: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/govts-n300m-nollywood-fund-ready-for-disbursement/

"The railway is not revamped yet. Still in the process"? Same way I can say Kwankwaso's capital expenditure (future investment) is yet to yield any fruits, cuz it's still in the process; but you had no problems listing that one, did you Barcanista?

"Alleged" is an empty cop-out in this context because it has been thrashed by the senate as nothing but an empty lie; the same way anyone can "allege" I am a mass-murderer. But if you've got no facts to support it, then it deserves no listening ear. Plain and simple.
Alleged is from the word "allegation"...it could be true or false.
The Senate is not an Audit firm, they didn't hire independent auditors to look the books.

You shouldn't mention "N100m grants to nollywood as major achievement. That is peripheral...you will embarrass your candidate if you call that major.
For the railway...I won't say further than what I just said. Comparing that to Kwankwaso's 75% Capital expenditure shows that you have little or no knowledge of governance and economics.

QED!
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Safari29: 2:18am On Jul 26, 2014
front page pls smiley
Re: ROAD TO 2015 Presidential Election: Who Is Best For The Job? by Davo93(m): 3:56am On Jul 26, 2014
barcanista: bros yu should read my comments again. Buhari for instant built 3 Refineries.... I didn't mention that. I only mentioned what has direct impact on ppl's lives. Building uni is nt all that is needed in edu sector...ASUU and asup went on Long strike few months ago. Pls let's nt just go there
I want to believe now that this thread may have a ill motive. Just look at the bolded?! Building Universities has no direct impacts on people's live? Which planet are you from OP?

How about thousands of people that this Universities have created job for?
How about thousands of students that will no longer have to wait for a next year to jostle for the limited spaces in our old university for admission?
How about the increase in our literacy level in those area where the University is created? (Very applicable to the North)
How about the upliftment of the Standard of Living of those traders and business people that will invade the University communities to trade?

Hey man, you don't need all these, some Nigerians know more than all these media propaganda.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to your original question. I keep telling myself, if only GEJ can put up a more viable approach towards ending insurgency in Nigeria and also have a reduced tolerance for Corruption, I tell you, he will be on top of our Presidents' Hall of Fame. However, a Stateman that vowed to unleash terror on his very own nation on the basis that his interest is not popular amidst the people does not deserve the most coveted Seat of Power. I tag him 'Overambitious' & 'Desperate'.

Kwankwaso & Fashola to me would have been the best materials in that list that one could have tipped but they are of same religion and it may not augur well for us as a multi-religion nation. Yes, you may want to say it doesn't matter but it matters. Nigerians can no longer afford to be further divided along religious line.

Atiku is not that bad but he may not be given the chance in APC considering the kind of structure they've got(They confer/impose/anoint their candidates). Much more, He is likely to have similar problem to what Kwankwaso-Fashola ticket has. Here, the running mate for him is likely to be a Yoruba and not an Igbo because APC will be careful to choose their Vice Presidential candidate from where they believe they can pull more votes come 2015. Fayemi could have been the best bet considering his religion but I am afraid the storm that swept him away from the Governorship seat in Ekiti obviously remains a threat to his political ambition.

As for Lamido and Amaechi, I think they may have to wait for a better opportunity to prove their worth.

Thank you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Enugu Set To Shut Down Ekweremadu’s Radio Station / Shekau Is Not Dead - Cramjones / 2015: It's Either Hausa-fulani Or Nothing. No Northern Minority As President. -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.