Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship (1517 Views)

Nigerian Police Special Anti-Robbery Squard SARS Gets Official New Uniform(Pics / Asari Dokubo Adopts Benin Republic, Dumps Nigerian Citizenship. / Aguleri Kingdom Gets Official Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Wale112(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Rita Marley, wife of late Reggae superstar Bob Marley has been granted a dual citizenship by government in connection with the Pan-African Festival (PANAFEST) Foundation.

Her dual nationality as a Ghanaian and Jamaican is the first of its kind to be granted to a diasporan after several years of struggle.

Rita Marley has since been handed a Ghanaian passport and dual citizenship documents to guarantee her legal stay in the country.

The Chairman of PANAFEST foundation, Mr Kohain Nathanyeh Halevi Rabbi, who disclosed this to The Independent, expressed happiness and called on government to grant more dual citizenship to diasporans who were ready to create more jobs in the country.

According to him, his outfit has fought years to secure dual citizenship documents for diasporans yet, all effort proved futile.

"Many diasporans have struggled to secure dual citizenship but they have not been successful. I believe granting one to our mother Rita Marley is in the right direction but we need more for our people", he said.

“Since Ghana is a peaceful country with respect for its values and traditions have attracted more investors to established businesses here, therefore granting them nationality would support the nation’s development" he added.

Speaking on this year's PANAFEST celebrations, Mr Rabbi noted that this was the worst year since their patronage had gone down. He stated that the foundation received fewer resources to undertake its numerous activities.

The PANAFEST Chairman therefore called on government, stakeholders and benevolent organisations to come to their aid to revamp the festival to its old taste.

Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Why Ghana
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Why Ghana
why[b]not[/b] Ghana? tongue embarassed
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
SantaMafia: why[b]not[/b] Ghana? tongue embarassed
wink
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: wink
shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
SantaMafia: shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
You are as clueless as Mahama tongue
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Why Ghana
Because Ghana is the best country in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
OXYGEN01: Because Ghana is the best country in Africa.
Do you have the facts and figures
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: You are as clueless as Mahama tongue
Why not Goodluck Jonathan?
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Do you have the facts and figures
Your dead brain will reject facts.
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
OXYGEN01: Your dead brain will rejects facts.
Ok give me figures not the Quasi type tongue
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: You are as clueless as Mahama tongue
you are as stvpid as goatluck and Mama Piss joined together grin
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
OXYGEN01: Why not Goodluck Jonathan?
You know that you will soon be evicted from this forum with this your diarrhoea mouth angry
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Ok give me figures not the Quasi type tongue
You want the number of people killed by boko haram or wat.
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
SantaMafia: you are as stvpid as goatluck and Mama Piss joined together grin
Continue running your mouth angry
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Continue running your mouth angry
sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap g0at. what can you do? tell me, what is the worse you, a MUMU, can do to me? hahahahahahaha fuckeduppedness grin don't mess around with me,huh?
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
SantaMafia: sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap g0at. what can you do? tell me, what is the worse you, a MUMU, can do to me? hahahahahahaha fuckeduppedness grin don't mess around with me,huh?
I don't have any thing to do with a pathetic gay angry
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: You know that you will soon be evicted from this forum with this your diarrhoea mouth angry
Aboaba kwasia...does this useless forum provides food n Money to anybody? Like over 80 % mumugerians will b living in poverty? Gyimiiiiiii
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
OXYGEN01: Aboaba kwasia...does this useless forums provides food n Money to anybody? Like over 80 % mumugerians will b living in poverty? Gyimiiiiiii
Get behind me you this fruity GAY angry
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: I don't have any thing to do with a pathetic gay angry
Blame your parents for transferring part of their stupidity n foolishness to u

1 Like

Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: I don't have any thing to do with a pathetic gay angry
hahahahaha at least you still have some bit of sense in that useless thing you call head,huh? grin grin grin i thougt you wanted to go head-to-head grin fuckeduppedness who gives a fvck about modafaking MUMUgerian? grin

nigerian terrorist sh1thead grin
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by OXYGEN01: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Get behind me you this fruity GAY angry
Gyimii..tell ur dad to stop fuckin dogs because he's de real gay.Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Get behind me you this fruity GAY angry
what is this bleached albino aponky3 saying sef?

I blame that thing that opened its dirty legs to give birth to a cockroach like you

180 million retardz with an IQ 10
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
OXYGEN01: Gyimii..tell ur dad to stop fuckin dogs because he's de real gay.Mumu.
grin
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by Decibel: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
SantaMafia: what is this bleached albino aponky3 saying sef?

I blame that thing that opened its dirty legs to give birth to a cockroach like you

180 million retardz with an IQ 10
Final Bullet: Never argue with idiots,they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience—Edmund Murphy
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by basty: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Some people dey craze, but I like the gists like Klinz da drunk
Re: Rita Marley Gets Official Ghanaian Citizenship by SantaMafia: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel:
Final Bullet: Never argue with idiots,they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience—Edmund Murphy

Fvck ya, retardedd ga-y dog. Spastic magg0t

Omo naija generator republic where armed robbers, 410ners, yahoo yahoo, ritualists, witches and wizards,militants, oil bunkerers, pirates, pr0stitutes and terrorists rule

Hahaha no wonder it has been described as the “open sore of the continent”

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan At The Flag Off Of The Azura Edo Power Plant Yesterday(Photos / If They Don’t Want An ISIS In Nigeria Then They Must Give Us Back The Presidency / Anambra's Economy Shall Be Unaffected By Falling Oil Price - Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.