Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. (2985 Views)

Me And My Albino Baby Pictures / A Nairalander, His Beautiful Wife, And Baby-pictures & Video / Ekiti State Woman Delivers A Frog Baby (pictures Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by rodeo0070(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
IS it a bird ... a plane ... no, but these are probably the most adorable baby pictures you've ever seen.
American mum Amber Wheeler has created these gorgeous baby pictures of her two-month-old son by drawing gorgeous backdrops that show Ethan as everything from a punk-rocker to an astronaut.
The Minnesota-based artist said she came up with the idea as she wanted memorable photographs of her first born.
"I got a coupon to make a free photobook from Shutterfly and I wanted to come up with a different way to take pictures of him, and I thought of it one day after I spent some time editing photos for my Etsy shop," she told News Corp Australia, referring to the craft site where Ms Wheeler sells a range of Anime style hats, purses and soft toys through her Nerdy Kawaii page.

Ms Wheeler - who says she "grew up surrounded by Hello Kitty, unicorns, and Star Wars" - has created 18 delightful images of her son set against a white background with hand-drawn touches including a superhero cape, scuba gear, a pitchfork and hay for his farmer look and a Popeye-style suit set against a colourful beach.

While the images have an effortless elegance and sense of humour, producing them was a labour of love.
They are reminiscent of famous images of a wheelchair-bound boy that placed the 12-year-old muscular dystrophy sufferer in a number of imaginary situations he could not experience in the real world.
Explaing her methods, Ms Wheeler said: "I took a video of him and went frame by frame to get the poses, then I just used a program called GIMP, which is like photoshop or MS paint, and just doodled over them with the basic brush tool."
Her husband also helped her create a few photographs.
"The hubby loves the pictures. He had some artistic input as well for some different ideas and things to make Ethan into," she said.
The images were uploaded on popular social media website Reddit a week ago and have gone viral, with her gallery attracting over 452,444 views.

While the crafty mum insists sharing the photographs was just a bit of fun, she never dreamt their reach would include websites in France, England and her native USA.
"I was so surprised. I only expected a couple hundred people to see them, I figured they would just get buried by new posts. I still can't believe how many people have seen it," Ms Wheeler said.

While little Ethan has no idea that he's already a bit of an internet star, his mum is looking forward to showing him the pictures when he's older.
"I hope he'll love them. I'm going to keep the picture book so he can show them to his wife and kids someday."

CULLED FROM: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/crafty-mum-creates-adorable-baby-pictures-drawing-imaginative-backgrounds-around-young-son/story-fnet08xa-1226734081000

2 Likes

Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by lilTunechi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
best thread I've opened today so far. Creative
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by 4tunebest(f): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pure Genius
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by baby124: 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
So cute
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by Xsenga(f): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
WOW!
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by Kanwulia: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Too cute!!!! kiss
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by jumzzy448: 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Really beautiful.
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by maingwaest(f): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2014
Adorable.
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by KillerBeauty(f): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
I tot I was creative but this is mind blowing
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by damiso(f): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
Awwww so beautiful.
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
Awesome
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by Yemlizzy(f): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
Awwww this is so damn creative! Wonderful artistic traitscheesy
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by freecharles(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
this is beautiful...but my favourite is the bicycle
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by Saifullah01: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
Child abuse
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by rodeo0070(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Saifullah01: Child abuse
Lol...
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by Ariyke: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lovely cheesy
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by rodeo0070(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ariyke:
Lovely cheesy
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2015
Formidable!!! kiss kiss
Re: Crafty Mum Creates Adorable Baby Pictures Drawing Imaginative Backgrounds. by chris4gold(m): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2015
nice 1

(1) (Reply)

How Did Our Parents 'do It', That We Never Caught Them While We Were Kids / I Hate Your Kids And I'm Really Not Sorry. / Baby Mamas: Why Men Will Suffer The Consequences In The End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.