Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Why Is This Happening? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is This Happening? (582 Views)

Whats Happening To Akin Alabi? / What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? / What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Happening? by cbrass(m): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2014
Was first using mysql then switched to mysqli, only for the srver to tell me: "access denied for user using password no" but if I change it back to mysql all is fine, have contacted the host but they asked me to change my db pass, which I did but still getting same error even though it works fine on local machine
Re: Why Is This Happening? by dwebdesign(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
you created the database details using mysql, not mysqli. they are not the same.
Re: Why Is This Happening? by cbrass(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
dwebdesign: you created the database details using mysql, not mysqli. they are not the same.

But it worked well on wamp server nw eevn though I created the DB in mysql then
Re: Why Is This Happening? by maekhel(m): 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
check with ur host to see if they have the mysql version that supports the mysqli extension
Re: Why Is This Happening? by cbrass(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
maekhel: check with ur host to see if they have the mysql version that supports the mysqli extension

They were the ones that said they will soon move to mysql 5.5 so I guess they must have effected it
Re: Why Is This Happening? by maekhel(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2014
cbrass:

I guess they must have effected it
try confirm if they av actually carried out the upgrade

(1) (Reply)

Bet & Win Instant Cash Prize / Seven Essential Wordpress Plugins For A Blog / Who Can Be Of Help??? Pls I Really Need A Domain Name For My New Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.