Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server (2215 Views)

Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? / What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by geniusng(m): 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
I hosted my sites at Smartwebng.com and since today I have not seen my site, It is not coming up. I tried calling but their MTN number was switched off and the GLo number sent to voicemail.

What is happening?
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
Smartwebng was bought over by Web4africa. I think that's the reason.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2011
i hosted my website at smartwebng , i am also veing d same problem, i just made a payment to them this morning for my reseller package, been trying to call,but its not going, i sent email it came back, was going on with them
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
It's very possible that smartwebng has their server in Hostdime's data center in Orlando Florida cos HostDime is down. I'm still investigating,
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by geniusng(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
Thank God, the server is up now, since morning.

It this how we are going to start 2011?
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
the server is up but their no is still off, i try sending email to them it keep coming back as mailer daemon .
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by geniusng(m): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2011
I just find out that the one of the site am hosting with them is hacked.

naijawebmasters.net
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2011
how do u know it was hacked, i just need to speak to them so we could know where the problem is from,
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by utimatedes(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
You have entered ONE CHANCE with Smartwebhost!

Are they really SMART?
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2011
how do u mean i ve enter one change, ve dey liquidate?
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by adeomos(m): 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2011
not true their server is till down, it 4:47pm
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
smartweb sent me a mail but i am unable to sent them mail, the mail keep coming back, what will i do
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by geniusng(m): 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
Go to their site and register and send them ticket
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2011
For peace of mind now and in weeks to come leave them (they're middle men and support will always suck when issues arise) and go for the main dealers. Get a visacard/mastercard and Try Hostgator.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by geniusng(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2011
@trae_z
For peace of mind now and in weeks to come leave them (they're middle men and support will always suck when issues arise) and go for the main dealers. Get a visacard/mastercard and Try Hostgator.

You are right my brother. Thank you for this advice. As soon as everything is right, I will go for it, Am already approaching GTBank.

Thanks
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by klog(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2011
I just checked the site(smartwebng.com) and their host(www.godaddy.com) with a site on their sever(www.jterrix.com), the three are working. Their server is not down, something else might be wrong.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by ibtihaj(m): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2011
Hello Guys,
My name is Murtala, i work with smartweb Nig ltd, I want to tell the public that there is nothing wrong with smartweb server and if you are having issue with your website is not loading then please submit a ticket to ticket@smartwebng.com so that we can check your issue and resolve it.

Secondly Our Office phone are not going since from 08 January 2011 Due to the crisis in Jos, you need to know smartweb office is located in jos, and is not secured for our staff to go to the office. i believe you should heard the news about the recent crisis in jos.
Therefor none of our staff can go to office and all the office phone are off.

During crisis normally some of our staff work from home but will give you support through email only.

Due to the recent crisis in Jos the management of smartwebng.com has decided to move out our office from Jos, hopefully February.

We sincerely apologize for this, by now things have started getting normal in jos but still the banks, offices and business places are close but we are hopping to resume office on 13th or 14th of January 2011.
Thanks you all.
On Behalf of Smartwebng.com

Murtala M
Level 2 support administrator
SmartWeb Nig Ltd
smartwebng.com
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by ibtihaj(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2011
geniusng:

I just find out that the one of the site am hosting with them is hacked.

naijawebmasters.net

Several time i told you that you should be updating your script, if you continue to allow your script outdated then you will be having this issue of hacking.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by niyyie(m): 6:59am On Jan 13, 2011
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by geniusng(m): 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
I want to tell the public that there is nothing wrong with smartweb server and if you are having issue with your website is not loading then please submit a ticket to ticket@smartwebng.com so that we can check your issue and resolve it.

This is not true, it take long before you answer the ticket, You will wait till the server come up again before you reply and tell me that there is nothing wrong. Tell me why do you switch off the phone,
does it mean that nobody answer call in Jos.
If you are no more using the office mobile phone no, now give us the phone line to reach you on.

None of the site on my reseller is coming NOW. check the time of this post.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by datola: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
Mr Murtala, you need to do something urgently. We are tired of promises that it will come up soon. We have been down since saturday.
Can you be definite on what's happening and when our websites will be up. This is a serious issue that requires serious and prompt attention.

I sympathise with you on Jos crisis. God will see you through.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
This is getting rather ridiculous. How can a web hoskting company be down since saturday. HostDime was down for just few hours and it was a big deal on WHT.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by utimatedes(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
ibtihaj:

Hello Guys,
My name is Murtala, i work with smartweb Nig ltd, I want to tell the public that there is nothing wrong with smartweb server and if you are having issue with your website is not loading then please submit a ticket to ticket@smartwebng.com so that we can check your issue and resolve it.

Secondly Our Office phone are not going since from 08 January 2011 Due to the crisis in Jos, you need to know smartweb office is located in jos, and is not secured for our staff to go to the office. i believe you should heard the news about the recent crisis in jos.
Therefor none of our staff can go to office and all the office phone are off.

During crisis normally some of our staff work from home but will give you support through email only.

Due to the recent crisis in Jos the management of smartwebng.com has decided to move out our office from Jos, hopefully February.

We sincerely apologize for this, by now things have started getting normal in jos but still the banks, offices and business places are close but we are hopping to resume office on 13th or 14th of January 2011.
Thanks you all.
On Behalf of Smartwebng.com

Murtala M
Level 2 support administrator
SmartWeb Nig Ltd
smartwebng.com

You are very stupid with this your comment. Is your server located in Jos or in US?
What has your poor services got to do with the Jos crisis?

You and your smartwebng need deliverance!
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by datola: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ utimatedes, I can understand your anger.

This is a typical Nigerian company. They currently are not responding to tickects, phones switched off. I wonder if they understand the legal and CR implications of their actions.

Let's be more patient and pray they get a quick fix soon.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 19, 2011
At a time when the good Nigerians are trying to redeem the bad image of Nigeria, smartwebng are now dragging it hard in the mud, i hope they know what all this have done to so many of their clients especially me.

Murtala, please you guys should do something fast, you have not replied the mail i sent to you, so i wonder how you care about your clients.

Please do something before you kill my credibility.

We are waiting,

I'm getting my sites off your server when you are on.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by datola: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2011
Please what is happening to Smartwebng Server? they don't keep to promise
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by bug24(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2011
datola:

Please what is happening to Smartwebng Server? they don't keep to promise

No. Point of correction, Their server is the one not keeping to promise
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2011
@bug24 do u know how the reseller Package WHM work?i just subscribe to smartwebng reseller package and i don't know how to use it, any body here to explain how to use the web host manager WHM to host.
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Seton(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2011
get 'first 1000 clients' by Abrahim Isatud, i can relly remember the author name and i can not locate it in my ebook library, if not i could have sent it to you
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by fd4all234(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2011
@Seton do u know how to operate WHM to host?
Re: What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server by Seton(m): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
yes, i have been using WHM since february 2007, i decided not to go commercial because i do not think i can handle many clients that will sign up on it. Though there had been may instances for me to go commercial which i had refused. I used it to host my clients' websites and that of my students, at the last count, i have close to 100 websites which i am hosting

(1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATE: Approved Nigerian Adsense Accounts For Sale + PIN Verified UK Adsense / How Do I Publish Adsense Ads On My Blog? / Sturvs Nigerian Search Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.