Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War (28830 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Gbaramatu Kingdom Was created as Government Refuge Camp During Biafra Civil War / Picture Of Asaba Area 40years After The Civil War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OneNaira6: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
NAIJASOM: The irony of life;

Most of the surviving children have grown up and living in mansions while the children of those who fought against them are suffering in poverty.

"Destiny can be delayed but can never be denied"

Exactly. That's the beauty of it all. Very few people realizes the hell my family went through during the war and the poverty my father grew up in after everything they had was stolen from them.
Like they said, who God blessed, nobody can stop am. They shut down Asaba, committed massacre on the innocent civilians and after the war, they tried to destroy the little Asaba had left and look at it now, we grew despite the disadvantage and we will continue to grow. Who can stop us? Only God can stop us.

4 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OneNaira6: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
customized07: I thought the refugee camp was in asaba, how come its now currently in ibadan grin grin grin

Once again, that's the beauty of it all. I always found it funny that people find it ironic that Igbo laughs at the high poverty in both north and SW. If you were us wouldn't you find it funny? That was what they wished on us and implicated plans to achieve it after the war yet ironically, 40 years later God all mighty turned it on them. The beauty of it all. Who God blessed, nobody can stop am.

R.I.P to the Igbo men, women and children that died in Biafra. R.I.P to the victims of Asaba Massacre, especially papa. You all died but you all will never be forgotten. Continue watching over your children and Continue protecting us. Thank you for opening the eyes of all your children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and all the Igbo kids for the next millennium

5 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by SWDude: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by musiwa93: 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin shocked tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by musiwa93: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
SWD
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by iconize(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
So many Odua republic flags...
Musiwa yours seems fake.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by zudozz: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
Obasanjo n Gowon are walking free but nature n kama ll catch up with them here on earth. Their judgement ll take place. Heaven is 2 far.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by kingthreat(m): 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
adeitoro:

What is the meaning of AWO?, because in my language it means FROG.
Don't tell me you are a FROG (AWO) eater and you are proud of it.

So many insane on Nairaland. Havent finished dealing with mad people on the street, never knew they will be waiting here online
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by tunde1200(m): 1:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Emessy: wow!!! Ya Allah Save This Nation

Amin
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by manck: 4:44am On Jul 27, 2014
tongue shocked
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 27, 2014
iconize: So many Odua republic flags...
Musiwa yours seems fake.
musiwa's own is the real one.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Sloan: 5:51am On Jul 27, 2014
And ibos still want to go to another war? If they try another foolish war, that will be the end of anything ibo on this planet! It is simply a case of one war too many!
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 27, 2014
When the time comes, it is apparent that no nation will support any faction. We igbos aren't scared of going to war the second time and this time we know who our enemies are, call it foolishness and I call it bravery. But I know this can be resolved without war anyway.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Mckennedy: 6:17am On Jul 27, 2014
They said it ended no Victor no vanquish but the truth is that the war never end untill all monies and properties stolen are refunded back to the rightful owners. Ojukwu never declared a war rather Nigerian government did, he only followed Aburi agreement signed by OAU and the then Ghana president Ankra why would some ppl instigate the idea of fighting and blockade.

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by iconaus: 7:23am On Jul 27, 2014
Khalessi: Nigeria which way

After this atrocity what happened ? Nigeria is still struggling n nigeria still at war . The not yet over . People who are destined for greatnes will surely be great . Cant
Beleive based on this photo that igbos would survive . They have survived and surpased the people who wanted to eliminate them in all ramifications

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Igbos are Not Jews.

But i believe Igbos have the right to be 10 times more ruthless than the Jews to anyone that threatens the existence of any innocent Igbo man anywhere in the world.

They both have a lot in common-

- they both resiliently suffered a devastating war that threatened their existence.
-they are both Ubiquitous in Nature.
-They are 'economic colonialists' and it is easy whip up sentiments against them.(This strategy was effective in the justification of aggression against them)
-They are were able to bounce back without becoming permanent refugees. (Igbos single-handedly built back their region with Nigerian or foreign aid)

This is not chest-beating excercise. They can only be denied only by Ostritches.

The Igbos must start thinking like the Isrealis..for every aggression against them there must be 20 folds of repraisal counter-aggression. That's how to survive when surrounded by Jihadist animals who enjoy seeing you bleed to death.

The Igbos MUST get close to the Isrealis and learn what we can from them militarily. Igbo judaists(yes many exist) must help us here.

Ozo eme na!

3 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by ibrahim55(m): 9:16am On Jul 27, 2014
ossaisly: War is never a good thing irrespective of what you are fighting for. Yet no leader wants to be a weak leader, he would rather be use war!
what is this one saying undecided
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2014
Smartsyn: Some men adviced Gowon to close the Cameroonian borders so as to prevent food and other relief materials from entering the Biafran territory and eventually many women and children were starved to death.

God ll forever punish those men, even in their death..
It was one man, a very a very astute and sagacious leader,The Asiwaju of Yorubaland. Anyway Biafrans had a choice,Ojukwu was offered a choice on how to get food but rejected it . He wanted to use the food shipments as a cover for arms smuggling as usual thinking everybody else is foolish just like when they murdered all the Hausa and Yoruba leaders sparing their own because they claim NEPA took light in the east!!. Any you guys can prepare for the return leg hopefully you will be better prepared this time

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by T8ksy(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
^^^^^^^Now you can discern why the mallams slaghtered them with gusto! They (ibos) arr always playing smart without being clever.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
kingthreat:

So many insane on Nairaland. Havent finished dealing with mad people on the street, never knew they will be waiting here online

what is the meaning AWO bro? I am here to learn from a proud yoruba man.
Shalom
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Kponkwem(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sloan: And ibos still want to go to another war? If they try another foolish war, that will be the end of anything ibo on this planet! It is simply a case of one war too many!

Your hatred will burn you to your death, nwa nkpi! Can anybody totally eliminate the seeds of God? The Igbo and the Jews suffered the worst forms of ethnic genocide in millions of souls. But today the Igbo are scattered on the face of the earth like the seashore. From across Africa to Asia, Europe, America, Igbo markets are thriving.. Since you and your hausa masters couldn't wipe Igbo out in that civil war 1966-70, you cannot now in a technological age.
My 50 cents

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by musiwa93: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
grin sad shocked
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by manck: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Sloan: 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Kponkwem:

Your hatred will burn you to your death, nwa nkpi! Can anybody totally eliminate the seeds of God? The Igbo and the Jews suffered the worst forms of ethnic genocide in millions of souls. But today the Igbo are scattered on the face of the earth like the seashore. From across Africa to Asia, Europe, America, Igbo markets are thriving.. Since you and your hausa masters couldn't wipe Igbo out in that civil war 1966-70, you cannot now in a technological age.
My 50 cents

You are merely ranting, my post has nothing to do with your gibberish! It is this type of foolishness that made ojukwu declare an unwinnable war and a gluttonous biafra based on his plan to seize the lands of minorities and their oil, of course his caveman foolishness to want to capture Lagos when the ibo killers are in the north! Well, in a technological age, no one will be left behind! Technological products will be blocked from even coming through ports to landlocked biafra, internet will be cut off and there are already your traducers in the north who are willing to blow themselves up with as many ibos as they can find. I wonder why you don't look to the north but crying around like a bereaved monkey of okilaibo!

4 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by SWDude: 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
nwabekeyi: When the time comes, it is apparent that no nation will support any faction. We igbos aren't scared of going to war the second time and this time we know who our enemies are, call it foolishness and I call it bravery. But I know this can be resolved without war anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by musiwa93: 12:00am On Jul 28, 2014
grin sad
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by manck: 2:18am On Jul 28, 2014
grin shocked undecided
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by PenSniper: 2:36am On Jul 28, 2014
Smartsyn: Some men adviced Gowon to close the Cameroonian borders so as to prevent food and other relief materials from entering the Biafran territory and eventually many women and children were starved to death.

Fallacious mad cow running away from truth.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by PenSniper: 2:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Kponkwem:

My 50 cents

The Ibos are scattered everywhere because they are the biblical Cain - they are under a curse. And stop the futile attempt to link yourselves to the Jews who have already disclaimed you through accurate records.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by manck: 4:14am On Jul 28, 2014
grin sad
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by ayobase(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2014

cry me an ocean.

so, Ojukwu remains ur hero still.
after sabotaging provender to feed his soldiers at the detriment of others survival.

hiaa, only few Igbos admitted Ojukwu's mistakes.

okay, the borders were closed. what stopped him from stopping the was. he killed u people.

u people owe the yoruba "thank you" for stepping and alleviating issues.
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Ihuomadinihu: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Some idiots walk into threads like this to display their stupidity! Quit spying on Igbos and face your business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Attack Mammanti In Borno, 2 Dead (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Sen Andy Uba Defects To APC / List Of Senatorial Candidates Cleared By APC NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.