Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? (782 Views)

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Are You A Graduate? Employed Or Unemployed? Share Your Experiences. / Why Can't Hnd Holders Be Employed As Academic Lecturers In Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by Djicemob: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
As an ambitious youngman,who strive to get the best out of my skills and out of life,i couldnt help but wonder: Do i strive to be EMPLOYED or SELF-EMPLOYED?... So i decided to present this question to smartheads and exprienced people alike in the forum who may have gone through these different aspects of life and weighed in on the best possible option to provide insights to the above title to help youngmen like me and others out there create a successful path for themselves.If possible lets hear your testimony(ies)/travails and possible career or business suggestions for the youngsters.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by Sparrow13: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
You can never be RICH working for somebody.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by Djicemob: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Sparrow13: You can never be RICH working for somebody.
What if i work at...say shell oil company?
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by eph12(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
You can be employed and still have your own business or be an employer.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by Djicemob: 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
eph12: You can be employed and still have your own business or be an employer.
Really? How can this fall into place?
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by eph12(m): 1:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Djicemob: Really? How can this fall into place?
You can work somewhere and still invest in another business. Maybe hire someone to over see it
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by Godmother(f): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2014
eph12: You can be employed and still have your own business or be an employer.

It works better when both your business and employment are in the same field, say you are employed as a systems enginerr and also have a business as a systems engineer
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by eph12(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
Godmother:

It works better when both your business and employment are in the same field, say you are employed as a systems enginerr and also have a business as a systems engineer
You may be a system engineer but still know about say school operations or printing press. You can invest in them then. It doesn't have to be your field.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by suwailad(f): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
I think its best to get employment, to collect salary and then after some time, gather up funds and open your business.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by Godmother(f): 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
eph12:
You may be a system engineer but still know about say school operations or printing press. You can invest in them then. It doesn't have to be your field.

Yea, I know, but I said it can be easier when both are in the same field.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by DarlintonOmeh: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Both are good depending on which that comes first. Without employees the great companies wouldn't be out there, without self employed the great companies wouldn't be out there either.
Re: To Be Self-employed Or To Be Employed: Which Is Better? by eph12(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Godmother:

Yea, I know, but I said it can be easier when both are in the same field.

Ok I get you now.

(1) (Reply)

Erosion Control Project / 2015 Graduate Analyst Programme At Sahara Group / Things Are Meant To Be Used While People Are Meant To Be Loved.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.