Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! (14480 Views)

Nigeria’s Asumnu & Duncan Lead Africa’s Chase For 4x1 Honours @ Continental Cup! / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Blessing won that heat calmly

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by meforyou1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yes o, blessing just won 100 M women, round 1, heat 5
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Congrats to Blessing. The main challenge for her is to medal in the final
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Edwardhead(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Henrypraise: Okagbare makin okpe, urhobo and delta state proud since medieval ages. I love dis girl. Her "Oka" really "gbare"
is she representing delta state or fr of nigeria?
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by mumu9gerian: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
adaobi123:

Hmmm, I just googled them and they all say "I have nigerian in me somewhere down the line" undecided
dont mimd them,they were brought in by Maurice Green

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
PLS SOMBODY HELP ME
IM HAVING A SERIOUS CRUSH ON BLESSING SINCE 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Litmus: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
Okagbare is a stiffeningner

Pressurized, Okagbare stiffens and the expected afterburners, in the second half of the race, coughs and splutters out. This is her difficulty and why that Murielle Ahoure girl of Ivory Coast often beats her.

Okagbare has the talent and is built for going close to the women's world record, so shouldn't be struggling as she does; Unfortunately, she lacks the will-power and time is running out for her to fulfill her potential. Remember, always add at least a couple of years to Nigerian women declared ages.

Oh, yes, in her last couple of races in Europe meets, she has looked overexposed and jaded.....probably been racing too much for her own personal physical makeup

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by omar22(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Her running techniques is poor, that she relies on the 2nd part of the race to come, she doesn't drive out of the block with powde by the time she switches to cruise stage she is chasing then stiffen up.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by akintun: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Litmus: Okagbare is a stiffeningner

Pressurized, Okagbare stiffens and the expected afterburners, in the second half of the race, coughs and splutters out. This is her difficulty and why that Murielle Ahoure girl of Ivory Coast often beats her.

Okagbare has the talent and is built for going close to the women's world record, so shouldn't be struggling as she does; Unfortunately, she lacks the will-power and time is running out for her to fulfill her potential. Remember, always add at least a couple of years to Nigerian women declared ages.

Oh, yes, in her last couple of races in Europe meets, she has looked overexposed and jaded.....probably been racing too much for her own personal physical makeup

Okagbare has actually won Ahoure more times, and she has not been running a lot .
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Afam4eva(m): 4:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Pls, can someone post videos of races involving Nigeria especially Okagbare.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 28, 2014
CFCfan:
Lol.. It shows that the AFN have a good scouting network. Gloria Asumnu used to run for the US some years ago before the AFN convinced her to switch to Nigeria.

She didn't have a chance representing Americans when Allyson Felix, Carmelita Jeter and co' are their.

In men, only Mark jelks stands a chance of running in the final for Nigeria. Obinna metu and Egwero is a disgrace.

Would have been better if the ivorian runner 'Ahoure' is a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 28, 2014
adaobi123: 2 Americans are now running for nigeria

A Nigerian is running for GB too, Christiana Ohoruogu in 400m and she can run eh. undecided
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

A Nigerian is running for GB too, Christiana Ohoruogu in 400m and she can run eh. undecided

Thats of different. She's British. Born and bred in london. But she could have represented nigeria because of her parents.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2014
adaobi123:

Thats of different. She's British. Born and bred in london.
and you are?
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2014
Nobleval: and you are?

British but nigerian through my parents. tongue

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2014
adaobi123:

Thats of different. She's British Briton. Born and bred in london. But she could have represented nigeria because of her parents.

Okay. Fixed. tongue
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
These british people are unbelievable. I was watching the heat that Blessing Okagbare was running in and guess what the commentator said? England's Asha Phillips wants to make an impact in her first commonwealth games. Nigeria's Blessing Okagbare is also one to watch. No, she's not also one to watch. She is the one to watch. WTF is Asha Phillips when talking about women's sprints. Okagbare is one of the best in the world right now and she's a contender for the crown.

I also watched Gloria Asumnu's race. She came second in her heat but i don't think she can reach the final judging by her time. Even if she gets there, she won't make an impact. I wish her the best though.

In the men's sprint, Nigeria's representatives qualified from their heat but what struck me was the name of these guys did not sound Nigerian in anyway. Are they actually Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
Afam4eva: These british people are unbelievable. I was watching the heat that Blessing Okagbare was running in and guess what the commentator said? England's Asha Phillips wants to make an impact in her first commonwealth games. Nigeria's Blessing Okagbare is also one to watch. No, she's not also one to watch. She is the one to watch. WTF is Asha Phillips when talking about women's sprints. Okagbare is one of the best in the world right now and she's a contender for the crown.

I also watched Gloria Asumnu's race. She came second in her heat but i don't think she can reach the final judging by her time. Even if she gets there, she won't make an impact. I wish her the best though.

In the men's sprint, Nigeria's representatives qualified from their heat but struck me was the name of these guys did not sound Nigerian in anyway. Are they actually Nigerians?

They switched allegiance from USA to Nigeria.

Nigerian men can't run nau. grin Obinna Metu, Egwero and compatriot. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Want Eaglets Rewarded With Cash / Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? / “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.