Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos (40629 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? / Body Of The First Victim Of Ebola Virus In Nigeria Cremated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 27, 2014
cannonnier: .

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by nijanigga: 3:26am On Jul 27, 2014
Im pretty sure nija people murdered that guy .he got no help or treatment.initially they told us that he was responding to treatment,the next thing i heard was ; he's dead.and now cremeated.

4 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by chamboy(m): 3:27am On Jul 27, 2014
They shouldn't slow info concerning this virus
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by cannonnier(m): 3:34am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=pDude][/quote]

well armed and ready.

oh oh tomorrow eid, no fighting grin

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by oyeludef(m): 3:36am On Jul 27, 2014
reading in btw d lines i can deduce dat its our nigerian authority dat killed d man in order to stop d spread of d virus cos wit d cremation no future autopsy can b performed. na because d man no b european or american we fit get away wit dat sha
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by smartg(m): 3:38am On Jul 27, 2014
Scientists have finally done it again. In their quest on how to reduce the world population, they invents all kinds of diseases. They invented HIV, but were not happy when they saw that Hiv does not kill faster as expected; that is, an HIV patient can survive for more than 20yrs. They went on to invent SARS, but sars was more deadly than Hiv, it kills faster, but could not spread wider because the victims does not last long before they die. Now they have come up with their latest invention 'EBOLA VIRUS' which means the combination of SARS and HIV. The virus last longer and kills faster and spread wider even after the death of the victims. What a deadly disease, it can be transmitted through a physical contact even a hand shake or by touching the walls of building.
THIS IS REALLY END TIME.
ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE US!!!.

3 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 27, 2014
barcanista: Mr Liberian, only you wakar carry ebola come naija...

Only you still carry am go!!

RÍP Mr. Liberia man

RIP Ebola..you miss road!!!! Even SARS Ño fit penetrate naija cheesy
Let's just hope he didn't infect others that boarded the plane with him...they should all be tested! God will see us through !

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by seedorfg(m): 3:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Indian stunt
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by nativedoctor(m): 4:01am On Jul 27, 2014
Leetunechi: Dem sopoz burn am self undecided

3 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Rebarobyn: 4:25am On Jul 27, 2014
This Liberian man knew he had the virus and he still flew to Nigeria ..... and he thought 'avoiding people' was a better option......why did he fly to nigeria? That's just wicked!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28505061
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Kalvan: 4:27am On Jul 27, 2014

Illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Kalvan: 4:28am On Jul 27, 2014
smartg: Scientists have finally done it again. In their quest on how to reduce the world population, they invents all kinds of diseases. They invented HIV, but were not happy when they saw that Hiv does not kill faster as expected; that is, an HIV patient can survive for more than 20yrs. They went on to invent SARS, but sars was more deadly than Hiv, it kills faster, but could not spread wider because the victims does not last long before they die. Now they have come up with their latest invention 'EBOLA VIRUS' which means the combination of SARS and HIV. The virus last longer and kills faster and spread wider even after the death of the victims. What a deadly disease, it can be transmitted through a physical contact even a hand shake or by touching the walls of building.
THIS IS REALLY END TIME.

Shut your mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Kalvan: 4:30am On Jul 27, 2014
Was his family made aware?!
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Lolaabokoku(f): 4:51am On Jul 27, 2014
What was his mission ¶n Nigeria sef?
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 4:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Ì trust naija, dem don kill the man for back.
Thats good sha... The death of that man is not better than the death of millions of naija
i no pity the man o! Who know if he was paid to come to naija and spread it. Trust no one. Wetin he come do for naija ? U no well and u enter plane come naija
no plane from these ebola disease countrys should enter naija again

5 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Motolank: 5:08am On Jul 27, 2014
eaglechild:
embarassed
Yes naa, instead of crematn him
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Lol!!! Guy your illiteracy strong o! On a more serious note, I'll advise you to be more serious with your education. Before commenting you should have checked up the meaning of the word "cremate".

3 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by lizzylizzy: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2014
by nijanigga:3:26am

Im pretty sure nija people murdered that guy .he got help or treatment.initially they told us that he was responding to treatment,the next thing i heard was ; he's dead.and now cremeated.

@nijanigga exactly my thought. he was definitely killed @ the hospital by lagos state govt.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 27, 2014
smartg: Scientists have finally done it again. In their quest on how to reduce the world population, they invents all kinds of diseases. They invented HIV, but were not happy when they saw that Hiv does not kill faster as expected; that is, an HIV patient can survive for more than 20yrs. They went on to invent SARS, but sars was more deadly than Hiv, it kills faster, but could not spread wider because the victims does not last long before they die. Now they have come up with their latest invention 'EBOLA VIRUS' which means the combination of SARS and HIV. The virus last longer and kills faster and spread wider even after the death of the victims. What a deadly disease, it can be transmitted through a physical contact even a hand shake or by touching the walls of building.
THIS IS REALLY END TIME.

1. Viral diseases like HIV and Ebolahave always existed in Africa for centuries.

2.Why they appear to be moving around all over the place is due to the fact that when the colonialist came, they brought modern forms of transport...which meant that previously infected people who would have died in their remote villages,now die far away from home....and have infected as many people as possible.

3. Viral diseases work by integrating their DNA with the host cell's DNA.....which allows them to basically use the cell to produce more viruses....which then wreck havoc on a massive tissue/organ scale. (Unlike bacteria which do not invade your cells). That is why they are so deadly. And that is how most viral diseases work....including the common cold ,and even hepatitis. You have probabaly been infected by one virus or another....the reason why you have not gone to the Great Beyond is because most viral diseases are self limiting.

4.Ebola virus originally was a virus that was prevalent in primates and fruit bats. Then it got into humans who ate infected animals.Even then,the first cases of human infection were probably mild.As the virus spread....microevolutionary changes led to the virus becoming more deadly. But it was still limited to a few isolated areas until the 20th century came along....with 20TH century transport.

5.Why is Ebola killing many people . Two reasons

a) African countries have a poor record in preventive health. If I enter a developed country with a contagious disease....I and all my contacts would be in quarantine within hours. Most African countries do not have effective quarantine methods. Then there is our underresourced and insufficent health system. And most hospitals do not have adequate quarantine facilities. And the environment is dirty. And there is no efficent disease reporting structure. You get the picture.

b) Most viral diseases have no cure. (Note that there are thousands of viruses on record). However, we are lucky....in the sense that most viral diseases are selflimiting. And even the bad ones like Polio have variable effects.( Polio may either paralyze you, or just give you a mild fever for a few days.). And then there is the human response. As an example...because of a defect in the CD4 cells of some HIV positive patients....they will never come down with AIDS....because the HIV cannot enter their CD4 cells...and thus the immune system can keep it at bay. Back to Ebola. 90% of Ebola patients die....but 10% survive...because their immune system mounts a different type of response to the Ebola virus than the 90%...an immune response that effectively clears the virus (over weeks mind)....and is the subject of current research into a vaccine that will protect against Ebola.

So, Ebola is not a plot by America against Africa(Nor is HIV). They have always been there with us....but have spread in the last few decades because of modern transport which has made the spread of viruses easier. Like our Liberian friend....if he had come down with Ebola 400 years ago....he would have died in his isolated village....and would have not spread the virus. Instead oflooking for plots....why don't we put pressure on our govt to increase funding for health....especially for preventive health.....and keep our environments clean....and not indulge in risky behaviour.?

11 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 27, 2014
lizzylizzy: by nijanigga:3:26am

Im pretty sure nija people murdered that guy .he got help or treatment.initially they told us that he was responding to treatment,the next thing i heard was ; he's dead.and now cremeated.

@nijanigga exactly my thought. he was definitely killed @ the hospital by lagos state govt.

He probably was not.

Killing him would not have made a difference in this case....especially as he might have spread the virus to many people(who have been contacted and are being monitored).

Plus....EBOLA HAS NO CURE. ......Like most viral diseases. And it has a 90% case fatality rate.....which means that if you get it...you have a very very high chance of dying (Like its pal Lassa fever) so,am not surprised he died.

When you get infected with Ebola...the best we can do is supportive management. Basically....we give you IV fluids, pain relief and antibiotics(and blood if necessary)...and hope for the best. But as I said, with Ebola....there is a 90% chance of dying....so no chance.(And death can be instantaneous.....Ebola is a haemmorhagic fever....which means that it attacks the blood's clotting mechanism....leading to uncontrollable internal bleeding....and once that happens...death is a matter of hours...or few days).

And we medical people (I am one) do not kill our patients deliberately. It would serve no purpose....and as far as I know neither voluntary nor involuntary euthanasia is legal in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Rebarobyn: This Liberian man knew he had the virus and he still flew to Nigeria ..... and he thought 'avoiding people' was a better option......why did he fly to nigeria? That's just wicked!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28505061

He probably did not know.

Early signs of Ebola...include fever, weakness and body pains. Now does that sound familiar to you? (Those are the symptoms I see in many of my patients who turn out to have malaria).

I guess when he landed in Nigeria...he started bleeding from the mouth, and other orifices...which was what made the diagnosis of Ebola possible.

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by juvewalex(m): 5:52am On Jul 27, 2014
I'm relieved
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by juvewalex(m): 5:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Libkid: duh! Ignorance is close to madness.find the meaning of cremation first ? ? #noinsult
u ought to correct him nt bashing on him

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by cyril83(m): 5:59am On Jul 27, 2014
That is what makes lagos a super state and a country on its own, if it were other states, they may be forming i too know, using him for teaching practice till they contract the disease but reverse is the case in lasgidi, they sharparly end his life.

Eko o ni baje.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Blaqsmith(m): 6:00am On Jul 27, 2014
abdulaz: endeavor to read your dictionary often, cremating a body is the same as burning a body.
there is quite a different man...check the dico again.maybe again and again...
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by cyril83(m): 6:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Blaqsmith: there is quite a different man...check the dico again.maybe again and again...

How ?

You can feed your brain here.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=cremate&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Blaqsmith(m): 6:07am On Jul 27, 2014
tosag: Lol!!! Guy your illiteracy strong o! On a more serious note, I'll advise you to be more serious your education. Before commenting you should have checked up the meaning of the word "cremate".
enough of these insults for this innocent guy na...connotatively,maybe he's right.cremate might be befiting since it's legally acceptable,but come to think of it,Burning could be deliberate and inhuman...understand ma point dia abegi.

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by cyril83(m): 6:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Blaqsmith: enough of these insults for this innocent guy na...connotatively,maybe he's right.cremate might be befiting since it's legally acceptable,but come to think of it,Burning could be deliberate and inhuman...understand ma point dia abegi.

That dude needs to be scolded, he' s a lazy man who doesn't want to learn, nairaland is not only for fun but educative.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Blaqsmith(m): 6:14am On Jul 27, 2014
cyril83:

How ?

You can feed your brain here.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=cremate&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser
according to Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary(8th Edition),Cremate means to burn a dead body,ESPECIALLY AS PART OF FUNERAL CEREMONY.so guy, I will leave u to try and understand me.though,to cremate d dead body is to burn it,but I want u to tink abt dose capitalised words.many people are being burnt,but no cremated...and pls,nxt time,try not to insult someone u knw nt a pinch about....God bless u.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 27, 2014
Lolaabokoku: What was his mission ¶n Nigeria sef?
To spread the disease. !
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 27, 2014

U bin go school at all? If yes (which i doubt), wetin be the meaning of "cremation"? grin

Some pple eh. Smh.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Blaqsmith: enough of these insults for this innocent guy na...connotatively,maybe he's right.cremate might be befiting since it's legally acceptable,but come to think of it,Burning could be deliberate and inhuman...understand ma point dia abegi.
Understood sha, but a job interview panel wont be this understanding. Its better to scold him so that he can upgrade himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Nurse Helps A Woman Deliver Her Baby By The Roadside In Ghana (Photos) / Safer Abortion; Desperate Help Needed. / Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.