Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? (54353 Views)

Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases / Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by nosairabor(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
My elder brother received a call late Sunday night while we were watching 'Who Wants To Be Millionaire' gameshow.

The female friend who called evidently was in fear like every other residence. She screamed that a woman at their street somewhere at Lawanson in Surulere, Lagos was suspected to have contacted the deadly Ebola virus. Eeeh! We all jumped on our feet and wasn't interested in Who Wants To Be Millionaire gameshow anymore.

The suspected victim was said to be a Nurse. The caller said two ambulances of the State Government came to the woman's residence. The medical team all dressed up in protective garment from head to toe took the woman away in one of the ambulance.

This case is yet to be further verified.

Attached is a photo obtained online. I am not sure if such cream exists or if it was photo-shopped. But little findings has is that hand sanitizer is on increase demand even retail store, Shoprite was out of stock... *lip sealed*

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by ggrin(f): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
EBOLA wahala.

Girls no longer hug their guys, the highest they
give nowadays is 45` instead of the normal 360

* Guys are now afraid to shake their fellow guys
instead they throw way salutes like soldiers.(Na their fault?)undecidedembarassed

* People now wear long sleave sweaters, headcovers, and trousers while entering buses
and taxi no matter how hot the weather is.. (See as Naija take turn Europe)shockedangry

* Neighbours, even family members become suspects at the slightest sign of illness..(the one wey nearly make my neighbour go call health officers for me because say I sneeze 2 times today).sadgrin

* You take a girl out for dinner, drive her back to
her house, walk her to the door-step, she leaves
you,walks to her door, open it, waves at you and throw a goodnight kiss at you (if you like catch am)tonguelipsrsealed

* The aboki that sells suya beside our house dey
chop Him suya himself these days because even
the suya is a suspect (Who wan die?)grincheesy

* Nigeria Police don't arrest People by Themselves anymore, if You commit any Crime just do the
arresting by Yourself.(Just Handcuff yourself
come station, use ur hand by self enter Cell):D8)

* My friend is no longer dating our Neighbor's
Daughter called ADEBOLAshockedcry

* YORUBA People in My Area now greet EKU EBOLA O.(I dey answer them EKU BACK TO
SENDER)lipsrsealedangry

253 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Liamm(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
It remains a speculation until authenticated by the FMH grin
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by proffemi: 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
I just found someone who is trying to get the FDA (US) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. His petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters. Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here (if you're interested):

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever

7 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by speckless: 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
May NMA not call off this strike anytime soon. Am really scared!!
A government that gives no form of protection to its healthcare workers,
no post exposure prophylaxis to HIV, having to pay for hepatitis B and
yellow fever vaccine in the same hospital where u work and get exposed
to these hazard, no life or professional indemnity insurance despite all
these. Hazard allowance of 5000naira across board!! May ThUNDER
strike you if you criticize me!!! AMEN.

25 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lagos na only you waka come?

Why Lagos only? God help Nigeria! Lagos is Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by yorke1: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
I don't just believe this. Do you mind showing me a picture or ....

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmmmm this is getting too much.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by MZdamola(f): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
O ma she oooo cry
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by MissyDivah(f): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola news here and there undecided
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by IAMBREEZY: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by ogedanny: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
hmmm, In my part there is no death!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by enochogaga(m): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola know where he go fit reach, nor be like people like us Christians we carry weytin pass am abi guys

30 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by estyvino(m): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Bitter cola in my mouth, pockets, and also stock in ma house.

Me I no dey look uche face, even adEBOLA own.

8 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Burger01(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Even here on Nairaland some people exhibit Ebola symptoms in their posts smiley

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by NaLaugh: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Press play ยป

"Surulere.... Suru...."
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola is finally here, say hello to the man of the year...

Ihe bara ba abago

Finest boy said so.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by hazyfm: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
yeeee! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by searay(m): 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Finally finally its here

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by balogundayo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chai... Na to dey wear sweater nd trousers sure pass now o... Anybody wet wan greet nd shake me... Ah go just turn am to salute say "baba, I no fit shake u, u be ma boss, pikin no they shake him elder"... Shikena!!!

11 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by tochilastborn(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
The fear of EBOLA is the beginning of Wisdom..but the Norsemen gods are wiser than BOLA.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
I suspect you to be advertising that product.

12 Likes

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by fflamingo(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
If it actually get to surulere 50% of lagosian are prone to the disease...no offence am a lagosian too, and I understand how careless we are
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by sugaarbear(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
family dey suspect each other...........
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Waoh! Please it better not be my surulere

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by Liamm(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
This space is for sale grin

are you interested

M coming grin

if ebola hits lagos, America and the rest of the world would know grin

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by solid3(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hope this is not true. Na to kill the person straight.
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by EMMASON125: 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
OP picture of you and your jumping on your feet or adonbilit

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by wellmax(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Fear everywhere
Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by igbsam(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Is this a joke or what ?

Why an unverified news on the frontpage ?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? by anitank(f): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
I just read on CNN website that a Nigerian doctor has been diagnosed with Ebola. This is barely 3 weeks after the Liberian man died of the disease, the exact incubation period of the virus angry

If this is true, then we're about to face our worst fears

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) / Young Lady Found Dead In A Hotel In Makurdi, Benue State / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.