Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,338 members, 7,829,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... (654 Views)

Why Do People Say Nigeria Will Be Great Again? / PDP Will Be Great Again / Goodluck Jonathan's Press Conference on How to Make Nigeria Great Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by ekeroyal(m): 12:27am On Jul 27, 2014
I am not a politician neither am I an activist. AM only a concerned Nigerian and a human with unadulterated blood flowing in my veins.

I sincerely think going back to the basics would help reunite this country and give everyone a better life. I have propounded some "concussion" that could help heal us and mend broken bridges -physically, mentally and emotionally. I wasn't able to be at the National confab venue but thank God am on "Nairaland Confab". Here we go.

1. Let the government reorganize our educational sector: This is what I mean, not everybody is able to pass through formal education especially at tertiary level. Hence, provision should be made for vocational colleges to carter for such ones and factories, workshops and the rest be built to absorb these ones when they're through and if they choose to be their own boss, adequate arrangement should be made to assist them. The government of Nigerian also needs to abolish the "survival by paper" syndrome and allow people earn a living by being skilled, so long as they can demonstrate it. O'Level exams should be looked into seriously. A person who cannot pass the exam should not be seen as a failure. A vocational college should absorb such ones if they demonstrate they can learn and develop a trade / skill. I have friends in the US and India who hardly read a single line of English but are living well because they have a skill. If Nigerians realise they can live well without university degrees, it would reduce the rush in our higher institutions and the fewer students we have in the classrooms, the better.

2. There should be no form of immunity for public office holders. If they don't do well, they face the consequences straight on. We must not wait for them to leave office before they are tried.

3. Job quota for Nigerians in multinational companies should be increased and multinationals must accept to train young Nigerian graduates. It is obtainable in other countries, India and China are doing well with this method. The only jobs foreigners should are those no Nigerian is capable of doing.

4. Employment system should be revamped. It is only in Nigeria where 90 percent of the jobs available are for experienced heads. This practice is a serious torn in the flesh of young Nigerian graduates who come out of institutions of Higher learning raw and are expected to bag 5 years working experience plus professional qualifications that is more expensive than all the fees they paid in during their undergraduate studies put together. Let companies employ and train. Instead let a bond be signed to protect such organizations to ensure the employee doesn't runaway with the training.

5. State governments especially should look at housing issues critically. Build low cost houses and let those they are meant for get it. Government should liaise with banks to make loans and or payment by installment available to low income earners.

6. No new government should focus on more than three sectors during his tenure except they have exceeded expectations. For example, a government may decide to take on housing, power and health and must stick to it until they expected result is achieved.

7. Local Government Identification letters should be abolished. Nigeria should have a unified Birth of certificate that should have all the necessary details identifying a newborn and with the help of a central database all data would be entered and maintained. A child born in a city should automatically be a native of that place regardless of where his parents are coming from so long as they are Nigerians. They hospital where they child is born should issue the birth certificate immediately after the baby is born. With this practice, there would be no need for age falsification, tribalism and the likes.

8. A professional school of all graduates should be put in place like we have for Law and Medical graduates. There should be business, secretarial, technological schools and the like.

9. Nigerians must learn to patronize made in Nigeria goods. I was surprised with what I saw when I made up my mind to look for made in Nigerian shoes and clothes. At first I never believed but they are real, they are good and even better than many of the trash we import from Asia and Europe. Trust me on this one.

10. Our textile factories should be reopened with immediate effect as a matter of fact. There are loads of textile mills in littered all over the country that have gone defunct. Let them start rolling.

I sincerely believe if we can start implementing these few lines of thoughts, some of our issues would be resolved.

What do you think fellas?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by lomaxx: 1:20am On Jul 27, 2014
You think they don't know all these things? Ehn?
Re: Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 27, 2014
Naija go better
Re: Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Were we great b4?
Re: Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by egift(m): 5:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Voting out Jonathan is an important step.
Re: Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by egbaguy: 6:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerian problem is dat the best aint at the helms of affair. Most of d leaders are daft.
Re: Nigeria Can Be Great Again If....... by ekeroyal(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
runzlord: Were we great b4?

Please if you don't know what to say, you can save yourself the stress.

(1) (Reply)

Omisore Refuses To Turn Up For The Osun Guber Debate / President Jonathan Paying Lip Service To Free, Fair Elections - APC / Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.