Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music (48655 Views)

Blackface: 'This Would Happen To Artistes Who Try To Steal My Vibes' / Top 6 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Born With Silver Spoons / Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From Shame To Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by tandj: 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gospel musicians don't make it like those in secular music especially in this part of d world.

I don't know why honestly considering that we have churches everywhere.
Its so saddening.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by b3llo(m): 2:20am On Jul 28, 2014
He who knows how to sing good music gives life.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Elnino4ladies: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2014
MI and jesse jagz..their father na pastor..
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by fairheven: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2014
tandj: Gospel musicians don't make it like those in secular music especially in this part of d world.

I don't know why honestly considering that we have churches everywhere.
Its so saddening.
The answer Is quite simple,how many times do hear gospel songs been played on the radio,apart from on Sundays-even at that ,is only on sunday morning,after that,is back to secular music.we have DJs wu called themselves Christians,but will never play gospel music.

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Ladybluecash(f): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
So na REDEEM CHURCH product b TERRY G
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by daveP(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
bustyhelen: imagine Iyanya as a choirmaster, he would have slept with majority of d sisters in the choir, Dbanj too.

lol.
just kidding o
for where.iyanya na was innocent pass innocent idibia back then.project fame changed him,cos he started gyming to maintain celeb status,and gbam the laydeys(ladies) started flowing.what did you expect.dbanj hmm! grin
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by 9jahubcom(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by edymonte: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ladybluecash: So na REDEEM CHURCH product b TERRY G
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Thane(m): 2:11am On Jul 29, 2014
Abegi,na hunger make dem join music.they are just lucky to have blown.For the records sef,Waje was the lead chorister at my church; Christ Embassy Onitsha around 2005-07,can't really rememba exactly.Then,she went to Lagos,nd all of a sudden she appears in a Jmartins video,( ft. Psaquare nd Timaya) ,word...u fit ask around.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by maxism2: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=fairheven]
The answer Is quite simply,how many times do hear gospel songs been played on the radio,apart from on Sundays-even at that ,is only on sunday morning,after that,is back to secular music.we have DJs wu called themselves Christians,but will never play gospel music.[/quote

well said
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by lalasticlala(m): 7:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Thane: Abegi,na hunger make dem join music.they are just lucky to have blown.For the records sef,Waje was the lead chorister at my church; Christ Embassy Onitsha around 2005-07,can't really rememba exactly.Then,she went to Lagos,nd all of a sudden she appears in a Jmartins video,( ft. Psaquare nd Timaya) ,word...u fit ask around.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by montestic(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
daveP: for where.iyanya na was innocent pass innocent idibia back then.project fame changed him,cos he started gyming to maintain celeb status,and gbam the laydeys(ladies) started flowing.what did you expect.dbanj hmm! grin

mmmmmmh
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by daveP(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
montestic:

mmmmmmh
lol
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by CeiW5k: 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by diksucker(f): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
flavour too
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by holatin(m): 7:22am On Dec 07, 2014
what of saint Janet.
the queen of lewd high life started from the church

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Simitrendy: 7:23am On Dec 07, 2014
From Grace to grass

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by teemanbastos(m): 7:26am On Dec 07, 2014
fairheven:

Yea.very broad(more broad than a twenty-lane Express way) an very attractive an enticing.but is not all about the fame,I have realised that life is too short to waste.they may be enjoyin thefame,bt how long?5,10,atmost 15years an that is the end.a life without Christ is in crises.each time I see Don Moen sing,then I realise that christ can make one fufill without worldly fame
true,wen God calls u, e never dumps any.. c kumuyi, e nva used devilish power and He has a Large Holy Church.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by owolawitola(f): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2014
derrick333:
Wizkid is Muslim
ah! Abi o. I was shocked when he said church....since 11. He wasnt that young when he converted.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by garlicrey(m): 7:30am On Dec 07, 2014
please who are these people I sell beans in Togo
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by homesteady(m): 7:41am On Dec 07, 2014
fairheven:
DON jazzy was a pianist for a white-garment church,eternal secrade order of cherubim an serphim,was so good that the church took him to London so as to tutor their pianist over there,from there he met jjc an Dbanj,the rest is history
#a man's gift makes a way for him"

are you sure of this? don jazzy was olumba olumba before? gringrin
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by M4gunners: 7:44am On Dec 07, 2014
And where did you put Isioma AKA Wizboy who was a choir in Anglican Church back den? Daddy Shoky too in Marookor.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Roum(m): 7:44am On Dec 07, 2014
axortedbabe:
*yawns*abeg na whiskey sure pass 4 dis cold weather..
u need wizkid wen I..

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2014
I know many jealous nairalanders'll act like they're saints in this thread.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by omusiliyu(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2014
NJIDEKA OKEKE

TOPE ALABI

OLANREWAJU TERIBA
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by madjune(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmm. Na only 12?
Every successful musician I know always claims to have started in the church choir or as someone's backup vocalist.

Its now a stereotype.
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by misshoree(f): 7:59am On Dec 07, 2014
Yinka Ayefele nko,he started as a gospel singer too
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by Janetozi(f): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2014
It is not easy to be in Christ and remain in Christ. in-fact, it takes the grace of God and the love of Christ to remain steadfast in him while the god of Mammon is always at hand to tempt u with riches, wealth and becoming famous.

Besides, what people of this world need is hip pop. Something that will put them in the mood to rape, funicate, and do all manner of unholy act that is not acceptable to God and not Gospel music that can not "ginger their swagger" that is y Gospel music no de sell.

We will remember God only when we have problem8-) God understand, he is a merciful God.

But i tell u, all is vanity without
Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by modextus(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2014
chidinma
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by drkay002: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2014

Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by realGURU(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Forzap:

Am a.boki

hehehe
Re: Top 12 Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From The Church (Choir) To Secular Music by dharay99: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2014
missdebs:
lmao @ 'dont judge me based on wat i do'....God cannot be mocked

...seemz Yhu also a chorister i guess. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Princess Shyngle Rocks Waist Trainer / Rukky Sanda's Security Snapped Her This Photo / Fan Surprises Kate Henshaw At The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.