Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (26005 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by eddyland: 9:31am On Jul 27, 2014
Bush meat today has no doubt become one of Nigerians most relished delicacy in the meat categories of our meals.

I could remember my first visit to a restaurant in Benin, the first in the list of the kinds of meat they presented was bush meat. Though I opted for goat meat cos it was my favourite.

Now, a lot of people eat bush meat, but the question here is, what realy is bush meat and which animal is mostly behind bush meat?

The real mystry behind bush meat can even be seen mostly on bush meat sellers. Try to ask a bush meat seller the kind of animal behind bush meat that he/she sells, I bet you that most of them will present false information on that. Their easiest escape rout answer is that it is an antelope meat, but you and I know quite alright that it is not always antelopes.

The funy thing is that even if it is human parts they are selling to you under the guise of bush meat, some of you will still relish it without knowing.

I have witnessed a bush meat seller being arrested for selling vulture as bush meat to their unsuspecting buyers.

But I was surprise on the arrest cos I think say for many people, bush meat na bush meat, then why is that one different and even leading to arrest.

Monkey, eagle, owl, lion, impaler, grass cutter, squirell, lizard, bush cat, vulture, kangeroo, antelope etc, all nobi bush meat?

Oya bush meat eaters, share your bush meat eating experiences.

Do you have any idea the kind of animal meat you eat under the guise of bush meat?

15 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Gboliwe: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2014
eddyland: Bush meat today has no doubt become one of Nigerians most relished delicacy in the meat categories of our meals.

I could remember my first visit to a restaurant in Benin, the first in the list of the kinds of meat they presented was bush meat. Though I opted for goat meat cos it was my favourite.

Now, a lot of people eat bush meat, but the question here is, what realy is bush meat and which animal is mostly behind bush meat?

The real mystry behind bush meat can even be seen mostly on bush meat sellers. Try to ask a bush meat seller the kind of animal behind bush meat that he/she sells, I bet you that most of them will present false information on that. Their easiest escape rout answer is that it is an antelope meat, but you and I know quite alright that it is not always antelopes.

The funy thing is that even if it is human parts they are selling to you under the guise of bush meat, some of you will still relish it without knowing.

I have witnessed a bush meat seller being arrested for selling vulture as bush meat to their unsuspecting buyers.

But I was surprise on the arrest cos I think say for many people, bush meat na bush meat, then why is that one different and even leading to arrest.

Monkey, eagle, owl, lion, impaler, grass cutter, squirell, lizard, bush cat, vulture, kangeroo, antelope etc, all nobi bush meat?

Oya bush meat eaters, share your bush meat eating experiences.

Do you have any idea the kind of animal meat you eat under the guise of bush meat?
Plus bush meat is a carrier of the deadly ebola virus. I think we should run from these kind of meat now.

32 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2014
Very nice observation. I don't eat bush meat simply because I don't know whatever they killed and are now calling Bush meat. A wild pusssy cat might be the Bush meat for all you know.

As Gboliwe noted, bush meat is the number one source of the deadly incurable Ebola virus now. People should be more careful about eating anything they dont even know what it is.

Hopefully we won't buy death with our own money o. Amen.

28 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by bongolistik(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Gboliwe:
Plus bush meat is a carrier of the deadly ebola virus. I think we should run from these kind of meat now.
ghen ghen! Dis one serious o. Bush meat eaters una don hear dis one? Nobi bush meat again o una dey eat o, dis na Ebola Virus o. Hope say dem neva pour sand sand 4 una garri, at d mention of Ebola

6 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by fingard02k(m): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2014
cant remember last time i ate it.. Over 13yrs

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Gboliwe: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2014
I went to the meat shop yesterday and I came out without buying anything. Immediately I saw the well packaged meat, (beaf, goat, chicken, even pork) my mind went straight to Ebola virus and the meat immediately looked terrifying. I ran!

Ebola is very real and I hate to think what will happen if it is let loose in this our country.

3 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2014

^^^^^^↑
Very true. Packaged meat these days might not be spared. Knowing the source of the packaged meat could help overcome your fears.

Better to be a fish lover at this critical moment or go for the traditional chicken from the local farms.

Safety should be a watch word for all meat lovers now.

12 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Tallesty1(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Nothing can stop me from eating bush meat............. I know most of them sha so nobody can fool me into buying something else.

4 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Tallesty1: Nothing can stop me from eating bush meat............. I know most of them sha so nobody can fool me into buying something else.

Pray tell.... how do you differentiate between Tiger meat and an Antelope's meat since it seems "you've eaten all the bush meat" that exist.

3 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by natureblack(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Op,forget wetin dey write for motor enta motor.Who has that time asking what bush-meat it is

Last bullet: God has given us dominion over all creature on earth.

9 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by free2ryhme: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hi
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by VocalWalls: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2014

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by hakku: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Remembered one guy who went to a resturant in d east and was served food not knowing that d meat inside was vulture when he eventually discovered he almost vomitted his intestine out.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by sammieguze(m): 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
The fear of ebola virus......

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by koreat(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
fingard02k: cant remember last time i ate it.. Over 13yrs
Your missing out.....na now in begin sweet

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Especially this era of Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by uzeba(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
I wil not stop posting my funny post!! This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.

14 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Pavore9: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hmm..why provoke my appetite? l chop bushmeat(grasscutter) wella when l was into rice farming. Now in Kenya, attempt any form of "bushmeating" you will find yourself writing statement at the police station and appearing in court the next day!

6 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by StArusi: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tis not only abt bushmeat. All this "hold ur neighbour's hand" in our church 2day with Ebola in town. Father Lord protect ur children.

3 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by mezebel(f): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bush meat dey cause ebola virus o!

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Ekans: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Any animal found in the bush is bushmeat and thus edible.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by itsik(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ok oooo
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Motolank: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Noooooooooooo. Is there an animal behind another??
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by youngice(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
since i hear e-bola i no dey chop even sardine again , i don buy hand glove both latex and leather, hand sanitizer, and even hoodie wey get gas mask and

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by nikkypearl(f): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
I know only two bushmeat!
Antelope and squirrel all d way! wink
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by colombiana: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
uzeba: I wil not stop posting my funny post!! This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.
when next I inhale. Nitrous oxide, aka laffin gas I might just giv this ur dry joke a smirk

20 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by elohorayodele: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Abeg be kiaful of eating bush meat in this era of Ebola esp monkey meat.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by tejpot(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
From a conservationist perspective, I think the sale of bush meat should be outlawed. Most of this animals are endangered and more and more are becoming rare not to talk of the extinct species. By the time we create an imbalance in the ecosystem we should be ready for a corresponding imbalance the ecosystem will have in us. The case of Ebola virus!

†ℯʝ℘ℴ†

3 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by youngice(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
colombiana: when next I inhale. Nitrous oxide, aka laffin gas I might just giv this ur dry joke a smirk
ah ah y evuls grin grin
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Fatdon(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Dog meat
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by canalily(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
List of bush meat that carry NAFDAC emblame includes... ELE, MGBADA, NKWUKWA, EWI, OSA, UZEH, NCHI OKWA, OGAZ1, AGU, ELEPHANT, MONKEY, AGU, NNANWEREDE, EWU OHIA, NKITA OHIA...ETC. The ones without Nafdac are vulture, bat, flying bat etc....ONLY you undastand...

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food? / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.