Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (26022 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Stop Eating.Chimpanzees
- Minister of Health

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
MrT2011:

shocked shocked
Sorry! You ate Pussycat- they taste alike, so can easily disguise as Leopard- where do you think they found Leopard, Lion or any wild cat- they are animals on extinction. Even when they find it for sale; I bet it'll be ridiculously expensive and unaffordable. Do you know the black market value for wild cat skins? Let alone the meat.

For the monkey you eat - Note that Human and Monkeys share same anatomy; so their meat will also taste alike.

The serial massacre, bombing and killings going on these days makes Human Flesh very much available in every hood, plus the desperation on most Nigerians to make money; many would certainly be lured. Such people will dive into this illicit act of selling to you Human meat in disguise for Monkey meat.

My dear friend you must had ate a Human Flesh.

Remember YOU are what you EAT! undecided
are you kidding me? You think a local hunter would place an expensive price on an animal he has no way of preserving? As per the cost of the skin they are expensive only when you re selling it in among those who value it, or why do you think elephant tusk are being easily smuggled from uganda nd kenya by poor farmers and they still remain poor despite the expensive value of it
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerians...we eat monkey meat shocked

Please tell me that is a joke!
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by condralbede(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
canalily: List of bush meat that carry NAFDAC emblame includes... ELE, MGBADA, NKWUKWA, EWI, OSA, UZEH, NCHI OKWA, OGAZ1, AGU, ELEPHANT, MONKEY, AGU, NNANWEREDE, EWU OHIA, NKITA OHIA...ETC. The ones without Nafdac are vulture, bat, flying bat etc....ONLY you undastand...
Sounds like jimmy beer paulor n bush meat joint
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bush fowl and rat, I know.

Monkey!!!! What?
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by nonexy11: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
am currently serving in some forest at the boundary of kwara/osun/ekiti states..and mehn...if u see the kind of awful looking animals they hunt as bush meat, u would swear never to touch, talk more of eating bush meat for the rest of your life.... Bush meat has neva been health for human consumption..

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Asemo11(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
natureblack: Op,forget wetin dey write for motor enta motor.Who has that time asking what bush-meat it is

Last bullet: God has given us dominion over all creature on earth.
no be for ebola virus oh
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Say no to BUSH MEATS! They would turn you to BUSH animals in nature!

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Oluabayomi1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
BUSH NKITA 4 LIFEEEEEEEE!
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by akuchiemartin(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
uzeba: I wil not stop posting my funny post!! This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.
. Hahahahahahahhaahah....... Obob u don kill me ooo, so woman wey dy labor and HIV victim fit run @ d mention of ebola..?? Olorun maje..!
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
eddyland: Bush meat today has no doubt become one of Nigerians most relished delicacy in the meat categories of our meals.

I could remember my first visit to a restaurant in Benin, the first in the list of the kinds of meat they presented was bush meat. Though I opted for goat meat cos it was my favourite.

Now, a lot of people eat bush meat, but the question here is, what realy is bush meat and which animal is mostly behind bush meat?

The real mystry behind bush meat can even be seen mostly on bush meat sellers. Try to ask a bush meat seller the kind of animal behind bush meat that he/she sells, I bet you that most of them will present false information on that. Their easiest escape rout answer is that it is an antelope meat, but you and I know quite alright that it is not always antelopes.

The funy thing is that even if it is human parts they are selling to you under the guise of bush meat, some of you will still relish it without knowing.

I have witnessed a bush meat seller being arrested for selling vulture as bush meat to their unsuspecting buyers.

But I was surprise on the arrest cos I think say for many people, bush meat na bush meat, then why is that one different and even leading to arrest.

Monkey, eagle, owl, lion, impaler, grass cutter, squirell, lizard, bush cat, vulture, kangeroo, antelope etc, all nobi bush meat?

Oya bush meat eaters, share your bush meat eating experiences.

Do you have any idea the kind of animal meat you eat under the guise of bush meat?
I ate one during my NYSC days. Till date I still seriously suspect that it is a big ol' rat. embarassed
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
The consistent eating of BUSH Meats could be one of the reasons for widespread diseases in Nigeria! angry lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by antartica(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Most of the wild animals in nigeria are extinct already with they way hunt them.They don't stay forever if people keep hunting them without replenishing.Just like the black gold that will dry ourt one day,they do disappear sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by canalily(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
condralbede: Sounds like jimmy beer paulor n bush meat joint
...guy you are there! Dorobush meat...
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by jakiedudu(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
all4naija: The consistent eating of BUSH Meats could be the one of the reasons for widespread diseases in Nigeria! angry lipsrsealed cry
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Gboliwe: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
RoyalRoy:

^^^^^^↑
Very true. Packaged meat these days might not be spared. Knowing the source of the packaged meat could help overcome your fears.

Better to be a fish lover at this critical moment or go for the traditional chicken from the local farms.

Safety should be a watch word for all meat lovers now.
I have never liked fish undecided
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by annawhite(f): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
#ignores poster # aggressive chewing of grasscutter meat tongue tongue tongue
Ebola ko Ebola ni
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by kentochi(m): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
uzeba: I wil not stop posting my funny post!! This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.
this too funny.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by blesoh(f): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
I eat bush meat,i like it so much,i send mine from the village.and i knw the types i eat.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Chaleeee: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
eddyland: Impala na one kind of African antelope like dat wey get one kind of horns wey resemble tree sticks

Izzokay. Datzall.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by hglmkope(f): 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Though Ebola virus is not endemic in Nigeria, and I pray and hope that we are not going to experience an outbreak in Nigeria due to international migration of infected individuals from affected regions of West Africa. However, for bush meat eaters I will like to let you know that there are countless of zoonotic (from animal to humans) diseases that you can be infected with via consumption of bush meat.
One good example is HIV/AIDS which evolved from a virus in chimpanzee that was transferred to humans via bites from hunting or consumption as bush meat.
Another example is Lassa fever, a hemorrhagic fever which is endemic in Nigeria. It is caused by a virus present in a particular type of rat that is mostly consumed as meat.
I could go on and on with the list which is almost endless.
Most people claim that they have been eating bush meat for ages and nothing has happened to them. It is possible that you are an asymptomatic (showing no symptoms of illness) carrier but your loved ones might not be and you can easily transfer the disease to them via various means.
I saw someone eating alligator and I was like what? I just cannot stop to wonder at the extent at which people go to satisfy their appetite.
Though all things are lawful for me but not all are expedient and as such I won’t be brought under the power of any.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by 19naia(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Endangered species rare animals like the Pangolin are eaten as well.. Endangered species bush meat is something many people don't know how to recognize.. The time my grandmother in ondo state served us Pangolin, i did not know what it was and she did not know it was endangered.. Years later i moved to USA and finished my last 1.5 years secondary school.. It was there i found in the school library, a book of endangered animals and the Pangolin was on the top 10 known endangered species...I remembered it from grandmas soup when I saw the picture in the book.. People in Nigeria need exposure to the information and pictures of endangered species animals of west africa....

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Ahmeduana(m): 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=tejpot][font=Georgia]From a conservationist perspective,
THAT'S y U PEOPLE CREATED ebola KO?SINCE BUSH MEAT IS MOSTLY CONSUME IN WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES?SO 2 DISCOURAGE D CONSUMPTION THAT'S y U CREATED D VIRUS ba?DON'T WORRY WE KNW WAT 2 DO
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
nikkypearl: I know only two bushmeat!
Antelope and squirrel all d way! wink
I love squirrel die.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by write2obi(m): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
RoyalRoy: Very nice observation. I don't eat bush meat simply because I don't know whatever they killed and are now calling Bush meat. A wild pusssy cat might be the Bush meat for all you know.
Na that one sweet pass na cheesy

Meat na meat joor
* mama nkoli give me bat meat *
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Any animal found in the bush na bush meat cheesy
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by write2obi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
chulla12: Nigerians...we eat monkey meat shocked

Please tell me that is a joke!
Please tell me that is a joke
You've not eaten monkey meat?
Best meat grin
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by sleekman(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ok modernization don spoil many people.
In 9ja when u say bush meat, these meats fall into that category

Buffalo
Antelope
Gazelle
Chimpanzee
Monkey
Crocodile
Certain snakes. (Bigger d better)
Bush dog
Bush pig
Alligator
Commodore dragon
Bush fowl
Rabbit (African type)
Grasscutter
Ostrich

As for me I know every bush meat by sight and taste. I come from a family of hunters and I can't be deceived. I don't do dog meat and snakes. Every other meat I eat.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by sleekman(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
delightful1:
I love squirrel die.
the meat's 2 small and d bone 2 many and 2 hard. Na problematic meat.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by joshrare(m): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bush meat(grasscutter+porcupine+antelope) stil rocks in absence of fish and chicken.

Have been eatin beef and goat for ages
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by 190theclown: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
fruit bat meats nkor ]

una don chop am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures) / World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food? / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.