Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Should A Married Woman Do A Live-in Nanny, Or Live-in Private Duty Nursing Job? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Do A Live-in Nanny, Or Live-in Private Duty Nursing Job? (731 Views)

A Live-in Nanny/baby-sitter/caregiver/tutor For Kids / Which Is Preferable, A Live-in Nanny Or A Day-by-bay Nanny? / What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should A Married Woman Do A Live-in Nanny, Or Live-in Private Duty Nursing Job? by bigheart2013(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
My people, please should a married woman do a Live-in Nanny, or Live-in private duty home care job?

Private duty Nanny or home care nurse provides services to individuals who are in need of assistance with day-to-day activities. Some private duty home caregivers visit the home of their clients to help with activities such as cooking, cleaning, housekeeping, administering medications, personal grooming/ hygiene, etc. In the past, there has been cases where intimacy developed between some clients and women who provided care for them resulting in marital problems and divorces, especially in cases, where the client is a widower, or divorced single male still able to ‘perform’.

More Married African women are taking to this type of profession in order to survive financially abroad. However, some of them live-in with the families they are taking care of. This means these women see their own families and husbands only when their employers release them (in most cases only few hours a week, or every other weekend). Some of the women doing this kind of jobs see their husbands like only 4 days (2 weekends) in a month.

I have a family friend whose wife does this type of job. She only comes home every other weekend (She works 2 straight weeks and gets one weekend off). The marriage is now rocking like a 'paper kite dangling in the sky under a strong Lagos’ wind'. There are already accusations and counter-accusations of infidelity. S..ex starvation, and lack of affection. The woman in this case isn’t given in because she insists she needs the money while her husband is threatening to call the marriage quit – stalemate!

Please what advice do you have for families where one person is involved in live-in private duty to help them deal with the problems and complications it creates in families? Please divorce is not a good option, things can be worked out!
Re: Should A Married Woman Do A Live-in Nanny, Or Live-in Private Duty Nursing Job? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
A GIRL'S PHONE INBOX:
1. I love you dear (Frank)
2. Can I take u out tonight? (Sir Joe)
3. Just manage dis myluv, 655332487901,
998312546987 (oga Emma)
4. Sweetie am @ home, u can come now (Emeka)
5. Darling have u seen D credit I sent 2 u? (Bom-boy)
6. Honey I will do whatever it takes just
4 u to be by my side (Solo)
7. Consider it done (senator)
8. Hi dear, can I take u out 4 lunch? (chairman)
A GUY'S PHONE INBOX:
1. Dear customer your data bundle will soon expire (MTN)
2. Hey Dude, give me a break! I told u am getting married
(Jane)
3. Don't u dare call dis number again! . (Jumoke)
4. Am warning you for the last time oo! (Oga Landlord)
5. Broda am still expecting the money 4 d admission form
(Young-broda)
6. My son how are you? Pls send us some money (mama)
7. I have not seen my Period for 2 months, u hav to do
something (Ijeoma)
8. Please send me credit (Ada)
9. Yellow your caller tune service has expired. Recharge to continue enjoying dis service

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Teach Your Child (ren) At The Early Age... / Primary School Teacher Rapes 10year Oldpupil / Come Here, Letz Av Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.