Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Most People Are Ignorant Of The Mercy Of God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most People Are Ignorant Of The Mercy Of God! (1061 Views)

Understanding The Mercy Of God / Never Ever Leave Hope From Two Things. 1. Mercy Of Allah. 2. Power Of Dua. / Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most People Are Ignorant Of The Mercy Of God! by Dannyxy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
have you ever wondered what the mercy of God is about, and how it affects the life of believers and none believers?.. now I will take my time to explain what the of God is, and how it affects our lives, we all..

okay, now before we define what the "mercy of God" is, let's find out what mercy is..
what is mercy?
mercy can be defined as unmerited compassion, favour, grace, forgiveness etc..
we all know God as a supreme being, with unlimited power, so we will be right to define the "mercy of God" as the "unmerited love and compassion of God"..now let's leave theory, let's see how this mercy of God affect our day to day life, and how most people are ignorant of it, and do not appreciate it.
have you ever thought of what happens around you when you sleep?, of the creeping and flying insects that move around you when you sleep? , why your house was not gutted by fire by minor and major electrical problems?, you bath everyday in your toilet without falling once?, why with this state of insecurity in the country, you were not bombed, you were not killed?, why you travel regularly, but you were not involved in any accident? there many more examples like this.. now do you know many have died in their sleep?, do you creeping and flying insect have killed many in their sleep?, do you know minor electrical faults have caused major fire outbreaks in which life and properties where lost?, do you know how many have died from falling in their bathtub while bathing?, do you know many have died from bomb blast?, do you know many have being kidnapped?, do you know how many have travelled and did not make it to their destination?
do you think you are better than those that have died doing the things you do every day without hitches?, NO!, it's just the mercy of God keeping you, but do you take time to thank God for mercies, even when you sin and disobey him, he still shows you his mercies, many times you have lied, fornicated, committed adultery, but he still shows you his mercy, why?, according to the book of lamentation 3 vs 21-22 " it is of the lord mercies that we are not consume, because his compassion fails not. they are new every morning: great is his faithfulness". most of us are not worthy of his compassion, we sin everyday, every time, but he still remains a loving father and shows us his mercy.
but let me sound a WARNING!!

it is written "what shall we say then? shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?, God forbid!, the fact that God's mercies is available does not mean it should be abused, you are deceiving yourself if think you will continue in sin, so his mercies will save you always, don't forget, God said " I will show mercy on whom I will show mercy, he can withdraw his mercy from you. so repent totally, make up your heart to do the will of God through Christ Jesus, and the mercy God will continue to be in abundance in your life..
may we never run out of God mercies, and may it continually increase in our life in Jesus name. amen
Re: Most People Are Ignorant Of The Mercy Of God! by Dannyxy(m): 11:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
mods please check this out, I would be happy if this makes front page.. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Directives From Catholic Bishops Conference Of Nigeria Over The Spread Of Ebola / What Is The Difference Between Fornication And Adultery. / Three Things You Should Know About Lucifer This New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.