Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? (4224 Views)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Trinitarians - Is there One Throne In Heaven Or Three ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

Did Moses made mistake? Does this verse refers to Jesus as God? If Jesus is like Moses then Is Moses God too? Because Moses said "like" me.

The NT hold firm to the OT prophecy concerning Gods promise to Israel on the another prophet.

Acts 3:22 For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

The Jews were not expecting God to come to earth, they were expecting a prophet according to Moses:

Luke 7:16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people."

Moses prophecy still repeating here....

John 6:14 After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began to say, "Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world."

Even John the Baptist decleared who Jesus is to the Pharisees.John 1:34 I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God."

Trinitarians should tell us, who was Moses talking about here, who is the man God promised to raise among the israelites?
Are we listening to Christ words? Moses says "you must listen to him" (Jesus). Not the Pope views.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Caseless: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
This trinity issue, e funny wel-wel. Sometimes when i hear people mention GOD in son, father and spirit i feel as if he(God) is a mere mortal or a made in china GOD. When u have 3 Gods, my question is;
1. Which created which?
2. Which is greater among the 3 and,
3. Which of the Gods does the trinitarians believe in?
N.B: If ur answer to question 3 is ' ALL'...then, i'm sorry you're in religious turmoil.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
I believe in one God. And His Son Jesus Christ. Israel was Told That God is ONE LORD not 3 in One.
Trinitarians believe in 3 gods in One so i trust they can answer your questions..
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by italo: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2012
We who believe in the Holy Trinity do NOT say that Jesus is NOT a prophet. We know that he WAS a prophet.

So this verse is NOT contrary to what we believe.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Enigma(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2012
Actually, if the scriptures quoted in the opening post are read carefully, they are in fact supporting the Trinity in the final analysis!

Take one example:

Luke 7:16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people."

Well, it corroborates the prophecy about Jesus and the name Emmanuel: God with us! smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by F00028: 10:57am On Oct 18, 2012
Enigma: "God has come to help his people."

it only means the "help" was from God. just because you ascribe an act to God it doesn't mean he personally did the action.

maybe in english it looks that way. but you must remember they didn't speak english.

Enigma: Well, it corroborates the prophecy about Jesus and the name Emmanuel: God with us! smiley
cool
correct me if am wrong but didn't the prophesy day he shall be called emmanuel? I dont recall reading anyone ever calling Jesus emmanuel.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2012
F00028:

it only means the "help" was from God. just because you ascribe an act to God it doesn't mean he personally did the action.

maybe in english it looks that way. but you must remember they didn't speak english.

correct me if am wrong but didn't the prophesy day he shall be called emmanuel? I dont recall reading anyone ever calling Jesus emmanuel.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Some people just don't get it !
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by ijawkid(m): 11:06am On Oct 18, 2012
F00028:

You too get sense my bro......

I go buy you beer because of this your comment...

Simple english has become so ambiguous for trinitarians to grasp.....
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 18, 2012
ijawkid:

You too get sense my bro......

I go buy you beer because of this your comment...

Simple english has become so ambiguous for trinitarians to grasp.....

They are master cherry pickers !!
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2012
italo: We who believe in the Holy Trinity do NOT say that Jesus is NOT a prophet. We know that he WAS a prophet.

So this verse is NOT contrary to what we believe.

The verse contradict your belief that Jesus is God. Moses said "like Me", If you believe Jesus is "God" and the prophecy says The coming prophet will be like Moses, then Moses is God also abi? Or that Jesus is Not GOD But a prophet like Moses, full stop.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
Enigma: Actually, if the scriptures quoted in the opening post are read carefully, they are in fact supporting the Trinity in the final analysis!

Take one example:

Well, it corroborates the prophecy about Jesus and the name Emmanuel: God with us! smiley

cool

It these verses did not even support the trinity, God promised them a Prophet, He didn't promised He will come by HIMSELF to earth.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
F00028:

That was smart of you!
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by truthislight: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
Just see the way you people just gather together dey spoil trinitarian and tithers their business!

Ugoamaka will report you people to the pope.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
truthislight: Just see the way you people just gather together dey spoil trinitarian and tithers their business!

hahaha, u shuld try d comedy business
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by italo: 7:08am On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight: Just see the way you people just gather together dey spoil trinitarian and tithers their business!

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very funny!
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin
We are vomiting all the rubb.ish they have fed us with for centuries, I bet you some Pope will soon decide to vomit thiers grin grin grin
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2012
italo:

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very funny!

I didn't know you can be this friendly shocked shocked
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by italo: 11:04am On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:

I didn't know you can be this friendly shocked shocked

Perhaps because you weren't paying enough attention. You were too busy with your hatred for anything Catholic.

You hate us so much that you think nothing good can come out of 'Nazareth'... But alas!..
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
italo:

Perhaps because you weren't paying enough attention. You were too busy with your hatred for anything Catholic.

You hate us so much that you think nothing good can come out of 'Nazareth'... But alas!..

So exposing the falsehood of the Catholic church means hatred for the members? If you go through all the arguements we had ? You will see that your comments are a prove of You hating hearing the truth. No one hate the Catholic memebers not me, I hate the fact that the Church keep decieving people with false doctrine.

Sure, there is no church found perfect this days. But over reacting and taking issues so personal when openly faced with the truth is unpleasant.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by italo: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
If you think that you know God's teaching more than the Catholic Church; they are in falsehood and you are in the truth; They are teaching the doctrine of men and you are teaching the doctrine of God...

Then its okay, thank you.

For now, focus on the topic of this thread.

It is better for my soul if I do not to talk to you.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by aletheia(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:
The verse contradict your belief that Jesus is God. Moses said "like Me", If you believe Jesus is "God" and the prophecy says The coming prophet will be like Moses, then Moses is God also abi? Or that Jesus is Not GOD But a prophet like Moses, full stop.
You lot are. . .endlessly rehashing Muslim and Jewish arguments.

1. The Word of God became flesh means Jesus came as a Man --- indeed as the Son of Man. So 'like me' is only highlighting the fact that The Word of God descended from heaven as the man Jesus.
2. The Word was with God and the Word was God.
3. Ergo, God became flesh and we saw Him as the man, the Son of God, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. . .the only begotten, not adopted.
4. Understand this: the Incarnation is the necessary means to salvation for only God could bridge the chasm between Man and God and He did this by becoming a Man and thereby reconciling Man to God. There is a Bible verse that clearly states that no man can redeem another man or give a ransom to God for his soul that he should live forever.
If you consider yourself a diligent bible student then search out that verse in the book of Psalms. . .but understand this only God becoming a man can give a ransom to God for mens' souls. . .something that Job understood in the midst of his suffering. . .(9:33) and you do agree that Jesus gave a ransom for us. . .?

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:5

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:15

The prepositional clause And for this cause is basically summarizing Hebrews chs 1:8. Study them again.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Ti 3:16

Jesus Himself had much to say about who he was. Consider for example this:
What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:62-63

Note two things here:
1. The Son of man ascending up to where he was before? This states that the Son of man was somewhere before coming down to earth. Jesus Himself clearly states this: And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. Joh 3:13
Some OT prophets: Isaiah, Ezekiel and Daniel did see the Son of man before he descended to earth.

2. The words of Jesus are spirit and life. That is a clear claim to Deity. Tell me. Are your words spirit? That the words of Jesus are spirit is clear when you consider these:
i. God is a Spirit
ii. The Word was God
iii. The Word became flesh
iv. Isn't it then obvious how the words of Jesus are spirit and life?

But this are the days spoken of in prophecy and so it not surprising that you lot have arisen. . .
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by truthislight: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:

We are vomiting all the rubb.ish they have fed us with for centuries, I bet you some Pope will soon decide to vomit thiers grin grin grin

infact the the fed they fed fed us really fed our stomach that you begin to wander if they have all come out. embarassed
plappville:

infact the food they fed us really did "feel" our stomach that you begin to wander if they have all come out.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by italo: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

infact the the fed they fed fed us really fed our stomach that you begin to wander if they have all come out. embarassed

infact the the fed they fed fed us really fed our stomach that you begin to wander if they have all come out.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the joke. Its so funny.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]

and you lot are endlessly rehashing the Pagan catholic arguements.

1. The Word of God became flesh means Jesus came as a Man --- indeed as the Son of Man. So 'like me' is only highlighting the fact that The Word of God descended from heaven as the man Jesus.

The bible does not say " in the beginning was the SON and the SON was with GOD and the SON was GOD ".

The bible simply says GOD's word, plan , purpose before the foundation of the world was manifested in the flesh in the form of his SON Jesus Christ.

Try this :

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth - Psalm 33:6

Are you suggesting anywhere we see the word of God we should replace word of GOD with the Son of GOD ?

The WORD of GOD is is WORD , Jesus Christ is called the WORD of GOD because he is the embodiment of the entire, plan, purpose and intent of God's creation.

It is very dishonest to translate word of GOD in one chapter as a being , and then to ignore the other areas of the bible where the WORD of God is mentioned.

4. Understand this: the Incarnation is the necessary means to salvation for only God could bridge the chasm between Man and God and He did this by becoming a Man and thereby reconciling Man to God. There is a Bible verse that clearly states that no man can redeem another man or give a ransom to God for his soul that he should live forever.

Wrong, a MAN was required to bridge this gap not GOD.

God is not a MAN.

The last ADAM had to be 100% MAN like his brethren as very beautifully put here :

For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people - Hebrews 2:17

Just as God provided the sacrificial lamb to Abraham to prevent him from killing his SON, so God provided the sacrificial lamb for the atonement of our sins, except that this time it was his SON , the SON of God , brought into being by the Power of GOD's spirit.

To suggest that GOD himself became a man is an insult.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - 1 Timothy 2:5

1 Like

Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Image123(m): 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
but Moses sang in Exodus that God is a man. why are you cherry picking?
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by aletheia(m): 2:05am On Oct 20, 2012
frosbel: The bible does not say " in the beginning was the SON and the SON was with GOD and the SON was GOD ".
1. The bible says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2. The bible says "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
3. So the Word was God and the Word was made flesh and so was revealed the only begotten of the Father.
frosbel: The bible simply says GOD's word, plan , purpose before the foundation of the world was manifested in the flesh in the form of his SON Jesus Christ.
In what way is "GOD's word, plan , purpose" God?. . .for it is written: the Word was God. Stop interpolating your own ideas into the plainly written words as Eve did in the garden.
frosbel: Wrong, a MAN was required to bridge this gap not GOD.
I repeat: There is a Bible verse that clearly states that no man can redeem another man or give a ransom to God for his soul that he should live forever. You know you cannot disprove this assertion.
frosbel: God is not a MAN.
But the Word of God who was God became a man. . .and the Son of man in heaven descended from heaven.
frosbel: To suggest that GOD himself became a man is an insult.
An insult to your sensibilities and pride, but clearly and unambiguously written:
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Ti 3:16

The scriptures warned about the likes of you:
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2 Jn 1:7-9

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1 Jn 2:19

By and by, it shall be apparent that the same false spirit that actuates the RCC is what drives you hither and thither.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]
1. The bible says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2. The bible says "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
3. So the Word was God and the Word was made flesh and so was revealed the only begotten of the Father.

The WORD was made flesh , or made into a MAN in the form of the Son of GOD.

The Word was not a being, stop confusing yourself , otherwise John would have written , in the beginning was JESUS.

And then your second point is so obvious it is shocking to understand how you could have missed it.

" the glory as of the only begotten of the father " , means exactly what it says that this glory revealed was revealed in the SON of GOD who was begotten by Father GOD.

v14 clarifies this very succinctly :
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

glory of the only Son from the Father , this in itself should destroy your logic , but alas you don't care about the TRUTH , what matters to you is Trinity.

I repeat: There is a Bible verse that clearly states that no man can redeem another man or give a ransom to God for his soul that he should live forever. You know you cannot disprove this assertion.

Please show me this hidden mystery !

But the Word of God who was God became a man. . .and the Son of man in heaven descended from heaven.

Of course he descended from heaven, he came from the Father, the Spirit of GOD overshadowed Mary and planted the seed of GOD in her womb.

An insult to your sensibilities and pride, but clearly and unambiguously written:
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Ti 3:16

Mistranslation by your Trinitarian false teachers.

This is what 90% of the bibles say :

Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

The scriptures warned about the likes of you:
[i]For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son

The Antichrist is you and your team who deny that the Messiah is come 100% in the flesh but have now created a 1/2 God 1/2 MAN messiah the envy of gnostics.

To deny that JESUS was 100% flesh and bones from the lineage of David makes you antichrist and a deceiver.

1 Like

Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by Enigma(m): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2012
Revelation 19

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

smiley
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
aletheia:

2. The Word was with God and the Word was God.
3. Ergo, God became flesh and we saw Him as the man, the Son of God, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. . .the only begotten, not adopted.
If you consider yourself a diligent bible student then
search out that verse in the book of Psalms. . .but understand this only God becoming a man can give a ransom to God for mens' souls. . .something that Job understood in the midst of his suffering. . .(9:33) and you do agree that Jesus gave a ransom for us. . .?

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:5

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the
promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:15

The prepositional clause And for this cause is basically summarizing Hebrews chs 1:8. Study them
again.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Ti 3:16

Jesus Himself had much to say about who he was.
Consider for example this:
What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:62-63

Note two things here:
1. The Son of man ascending up to where he was before? This states that the Son of man was somewhere before coming down to earth. Jesus Himself clearly states this: And no man hath
ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. Joh 3:13

Some OT prophets: Isaiah, Ezekiel and Daniel did see the Son of man before he descended to earth.

2. The words of Jesus are spirit and life. That is a clear claim to Deity. Tell me. Are your words spirit? That the words of Jesus are spirit is clear when you consider these:
i. God is a Spirit
ii. The Word was God
iii. The Word became flesh
iv. Isn't it then obvious how the words of Jesus are spirit and life?

But this are the days spoken of in prophecy and so it not surprising that you lot have arisen. . .
And Christ disciples couldnt say or know they have seen God
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2012
Image123: but Moses sang in Exodus that God is a man. why are you cherry picking?

And the Scripture says NO MAN has seen God?
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

@FroSbel, you are doing a good job. You can only spread the truth but you cannot force anyone to accept/believe it. Keep moving the gud job.

God bless.
Re: Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? by plappville(f): 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Enigma: Revelation 19

smiley

Bros Moses say A man like am go come earth, He no Say God go come ooo undecided

And If Bible tell us say no man don see God and una say una don See God, u no think say una dey make the bible dey lie? If God know say He go come By himself in whtever form. He for clearly tell Moses. He no be God of confusion. so No be God una see but His Son Jesus Christ. Our massiah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Become A Satanist Or Join Any Occult Group For Riches. / Purpose Of Human Existence? / The Sins (or Crimes) Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.