Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb (1741 Views)

Buhari Escapes Delighted Mob After Eid Prayers / NEMA Officials Arriving Kaduna Bomb Scene An Hour After Blast (Photo) / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb by K3bee(m): 3:30am On Jul 28, 2014
KADUNA - At least 82 persons were killed yesterday, and several others injured in two bomb blasts in Kaduna, targeted at former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi. Both men, however, escaped unhurt.
In a statement he issued immediately after the incident, General Buhari declared that it was an assassination attempt and narrated how the suicide bomber tried to carry out the deadly assignment.
Kaduna State Governor, AlhajiMukhtar Ramalan Yero, in response imposed a 24-hour curfew on Kaduna town after the blasts.
In his reaction, President Goodluck Jonathan thanked God for sparing the lives of General Buhari and Sheikh Bauchi, and extended condolences to families of the dead, while commiserating with the injured.
The first bomb attack took place on Isa Kaita Road, off Ali Akilu road around 12:30pm, yesterday, when the convoy of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi was returning home after he gave a Ramadan Tafsir sermon to thousands of Muslims of the Tijaniyya sect. The Police said 25 people were killed, but those who spoke to newsmen at the scene said about 40 died in the blasts.
Bauchi had escaped a bomb attack about three weeks ago near his home in Eskolia quarters of Kaduna.
The second blast took place around 2:30pm, about two kilometres away from the scene of the first blast at the busy over-head bridge at Kawo part of Kaduna town as Buhari was making his way out of town, leaving not less than 50 people dead.
Speaking to newsmen at the scene of the first attack, Kaduna State Police Commissioner, Umar Shehu said: "All I can say is that the Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, and Road Safety Corps have told me that they recovered 25 corpses from this place. But you can see that we still have some human remains here. I cannot tell you the number of those injured at this point. That is all I can say".
But that differed from what some eyewitnesses said. One Isa Saidu, 23, gave his account thus: "I was at the Murtala Mohammed Square where Sheikh Dahiru preached to us. I was also in the convoy conveying him back home. It was a long convoy. Suddenly, I saw a man on a motorcycle carrying a sack or bag. He was driving very recklessly and defied the instructions of our security guard, who attempted to make him slow down. He then tried to come close to the car conveying the Sheikh but the security did not allow

Re: Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:26am On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb by mencade5(m): 6:26am On Jul 28, 2014
almajiri at work.
Re: Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb by edoyad(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2014
That armoured Car saved your life man
Re: Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 28, 2014
those are bullet shots on d car, not bomb
Re: Picture Of 82 Killed, Scores Injured As Buhari Escapes Death In Kaduna Bomb by K3bee(m): 9:44am On Jul 28, 2014
lipsrsealed grin lipsrsealed
Guess wu behind dat
grin grin grin
PDP vs APC
cool cool cool

Wu is niger delta
_____
wu is boko haram
grin lipsrsealed cool

Politics tinx ....:::

(1) (Reply)

Time For Much Deserved Truce And Break / Ebola : Very Important Message On Ebola That May Save Your Life ! / Build World-class Universities And Wait 200 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.