Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) (734 Views)

Are You A Science/engineering Graduate Of A Nigerian University? / Any Recent Petroleum Engineering Graduate In The House? / Hnd Or Bsc, Not A Factor For A Better Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by otunbakhakiz: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2014
Good day to my fellow Engineers. I hereby stands to discuss few issues which I belief will transform our great calling. After being to several job tests and interviews, have come to realised that lots still need to be done in order to equip the engineering graduate and makes them employable rather than employers preferring technicians or quack engineers in lew of a graduate personnel. I remember sometime ago after scaling through lots of huddles of rigorous tests and interviews, I then got to stage where I was given the disjointed components to soldiered and makes it work but due to my faint knowledge of practical skills, I could delivered that much and those men in charge said to me they can't put the blame on me but am wondering if not on me then on who? This makes me to call on our great professional body to please come to our aid. Lots of things are not going right and companies no longer ready for training graduates except few ones. First on my transformation agenda is; changing the number of years we spent in school. I am of the opinion of making engineering courses four years without the so called industrial training where some students don't even have chance of getting a place to practice or some do not even wish doing it at all and still presented a report at the end of it. The way out to this is that, after spending four years in school, I am of the opinion that each school should send them to industrial institute (IITA/one of ITF) where they are expected to go through practical for complete two years. Don't know if I'm making sense here. I strongly wish to hear more from great thinkers and am so sure something will be done soon. Tired of producing unemployable engineering graduate,unskilled graduates and the likes. Nigeria solemnly depend on this profession for a better productivity and economical growth. Thank God for making me realise my dream of becoming an Electrical Electronics Engr. Thanks to all my lecturers in Unilorin. Dr. Amuda, Dr omeiza,Dr Bakinde and my project supervisor Prof Ibiyemi. God bless you all. Please, ignore any grammatical error u myt com about. Thanks to you all.Akindele Joseph(SPY)

1 Like

Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by Juchii(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
I support u 100%, Engineer suppose to be more of. pratical work than theory. in my own opinion, making it 4years with massive project and 2 or even 3years to remind them what the society expect from them. engineer is not all about how to work in oil industry and make huge amout of money by any means. let them copy from isaac newton........ and other great scientist, my opinion though
Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by michaelokoi(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
I'm fully in support of your opinion but i'll like to add something.
I think we should be doing more of practicals and less of theory in our universities considering the situation of things in the country. Also, there should be an internship program for engineers in which you go for a 1year training after graduating as it is done in the medical and law profession. I rest my case here.
Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2014
SPY how far? Abeg which company asked you to solder components together? I have an interest in such companies.
Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by tolutweety(m): 11:45am On Jul 30, 2014
SPY ...i hail oo !

Your boy is loyal oo cheesy wink

#tolu #BetaByFar#ElectEngr

1 Like

Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by otunbakhakiz: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
0rex: SPY how far? Abeg which company asked you to solder components together? I have an interest in such companies.
elektint @ gbagada

1 Like

Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
otunbakhakiz: elektint @ gbagada
Ok. Thanks
Re: Towards A Better Engineering Graduate(letter To N.S.E) by otunbakhakiz: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
tolutweety:
SPY ...i hail oo !

Your boy is loyal oo cheesy wink

#tolu #BetaByFar#ElectEngr
yes boss. How are u doing and what do u see to this article?

(1) (Reply)

The Keys To Success By Will Smith [interview] / Face Reading / Job Prospects For Maths Graduate In Canada, Nigeria, UK And US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.