Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 (9991 Views)

A Thread For Toyota Camry Big Daddy Users / Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better / Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Mecksmail: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
As an owner of 2003 camry for the past 6 yrs, the 5th generation camry is quite a reliable car. However, any car is as good as the maintenance you do on it. I've had my fair share of replacing certain parts, most of these being preventive maintenance. My car still runs as good as when I bought it 6yrs ago. I've never skipped an oil change when due & I've always used Mobil oil from day one. Currently, I'm using mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic and change it at 5000 miles. I also have imported most of my parts from the USA. I also do most of these maintenance myself.
Bottom line, whether it's a camry or a 406, use a good oil and maintain oil change intervals stated in your user manual.

1 Like

Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Ikenna351(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
Zane2point4:
yes no doubt about it 406 is the king of the year during its time and has worn many respect.

But my guy, do u want to go back or forth? abeg I rather go forward big daddy is current and trending cos its a modern car that has been updated both interior wise and the engine, pls let by gone be by gone leave 406 for the papas and go for a modern machine the big daddy.
Cos you will feel current and trending in ur big daddy unlike the 406 I sold last 4yrs.

You really don't get it , do you? What makes you think everyone is carried away with "its newer, so its better"?. My point is, I own Peugeot 2000 model 406 V6 stick SV, yet I still drive 1986 Peugeot 505 V6 stick. And to tell you the honest truth, the love I have for my 406 SV V6 stick is not close to degree of love I have for my 505 V6 stick. As newer as my SV D9 is, I cant help but love sitting behind my 505 V6 stick steering wheel. Do you get that? If you are not a petrolhead, no Jupiter will make you understand that.

Probably, you consider toys as pleasure. Sorry, I don't. There are more to that. That what makes two of us different in autos industry.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Ikenna351(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mecksmail:
As an owner of 2003 camry for the past 6 yrs, the 5th generation camry is quite a reliable car. However, any car is as good as the maintenance you do on it. I've had my fair share of replacing certain parts, most of these being preventive maintenance. My car still runs as good as when I bought it 6yrs ago. I've never skipped an oil change when due & I've always used Mobil oil from day one. Currently, I'm using mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic and change it at 5000 miles. I also have imported most of my parts from the USA. I also do most of these maintenance myself.
Bottom line, whether it's a camry or a 406, use a good oil and maintain oil change intervals stated in your user manual.

I completely understand you, that is, you are a point A to point B person, and there is nothing wrong with that. But then, I want more than that. So there is nothing wrong with any of that. Only that not everyone wants only point A to Point B in a vehicle. And I am just one of them.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Mecksmail: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ikenna351:

I completely understand you, that is, you are a point A to point B person, and there is nothing wrong with that. But then, I want more than that. So there is nothing wrong with any of that. Only that not everyone wants only point A to Point B in a vehicle. And I am just one of them.

Ikenna

Point of correction. It's not about moving from A to B, but the quality of the ride, fuel economy etc. I'm more of a highway person. And personally, I wouldn't drive a 406 even if it was the last car on earth.
Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Ikenna351(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mecksmail:

Point of correction. It's not about moving from A to B, but the quality of the ride, fuel economy etc. I'm more of a highway person. And personally, I wouldn't drive a 406 even if it was the last car on earth.

Of course, everyone is not expected to appreciate every good things in Life. So I wouldn't expect everyone to appreciate Peugeot 406.

Speaking of cars suitable for highway, especially Nigerian highways, you really want to pull 406 vs Camry (big for nothing on highway) on that? Seriously? I mean, seriously?

Ikenna
Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Mecksmail: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ikenna351:

Of course, everyone is not expected to appreciate every good things in Life. So I wouldn't expect everyone to appreciate Peugeot 406.

Speaking of cars suitable for highway, especially Nigerian highways, you really want to pull 406 vs Camry (big for nothing on highway)? Seriously? I mean, seriously?

Ikenna

You'd be surprised at results you could get with modifications to both suspension and power train packages.
Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by blessedjohny4u: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
@ikenna pls how do I get ur contact, I need ur mentorship. am an automotive enthusiast , 08177001282. thanks.
Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by San2ski(m): 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ikenna351:
DjAndroid,

Why is Lion the King of the Jungle? Even though he has limitations, such as, he is not the tallest, biggest, heaviest & most intelligent animal, yet he rules the jungle.

I repeat myself, why is the Lion the king of the Jungle? He is the king of the jungle because of what? His ATTITUDE! Yes, attitude. Lion has attitude different from other animals, which makes every other animal afraid of him. Also, that's why all animals respect Lion, including the almighty Elephant.

What is this attitude Lion possesses I am talking about? When a Lion sees an Elephant, what does he see? LUNCH! Yes, lunch. How big, heavy, strong or intelligent the elephant is, means nothing to the Lion because that's not what he sees. That's what makes a Lion fearless, and most importantly, "a Lion acts the way he thinks". And that's why he would go after the Elephant and have his Lunch. But when a Elephant sees a Lion, what does he see? EATER! Yes, the Elephant sees a Lion as Eater, meaning, the Elephant sees himself as LUNCH to a Lion. That's what you will find when you sit behind a Peugeot wheel, a Lion, a 406. That's what a Peugeot 406 sees Toyota Camry as: Lunch! Lol!

A very small Lion baby (Peugeot 308) won the 2014 European Car of the Year, even when Benz S-Class contested with him. Its called LEADERSHIP!

Now, go out there. Spend few minutes on the road, watch vehicles pass. What do you see when a Peugeot 406 passes? A Lion? How do you imagine being behind the wheel?

What do you see when a Toyota Camry (Big For Nothing) passes? An Elephant? How do you imagine been behind that wheel?

The attitude Lions posses is why they pass almost every check points without "wetin you carry? Park well!". Its called RESPECT! When you lead, respect from followers comes naturally.

As for the running cost of a Lion, a 406, visit Peugeot house in this section to learn all that.

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-psa-community/49

Ikenna

Oga Ikenna,
Lion is mainly the king of the jungle mainly because of publicity. It roars a lot. Some animals dey chance am steady without making noise. Lions no dey try am with Ol'Grizzly and a fuming Rhino or Hippo.
Like USA is the police of the world, but China dey do their own dey go without looking face.
Ol'boy buy the Biggie. Mostly there is might in size.

Ikenna no kill me o. I still respect you everyday
I prostrate in Ghana style grin

1 Like

Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by Export1: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
Peugeot 406

Pros

Good-looking in a typically French way
Roomy in the cabin with plenty of boot space for your luggage
Solid ride and handling
Good fuel economy around town and on the open road
Cons

Most models now feature more than 100,000km on the clock
Entry-level petrol engine struggles to deliver, though diesel options fare better
Re: Camry Big Daddy Or Peuguot 406 by auhanson(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2014
Mecksmail:

You'd be surprised at results you could get with modifications to both suspension and power train packages.

I only come in here because of one thing, that is suspension.

I am not a peugeot person but my dad is,so i'm gonna tell you that peugeot has one of the best suspension system if not the best in her category, i'm talking from my uncles 504 wagon & 406 best line, no truck , i repeat, no truck has such a suspension package like the 504 wagon, solid to the hilt.

Also , when it comes to handling, a well maintain peugeot 406 handles a lot better than a well maintain big daddy camry, there is absolutely no comparison here. Everything boils down to maintenance.

Camry will definitely return better economy and take off, but when it comes to drive train, i mean driving mechanics; suspension; and handling, including long distance endurance, the 406 takes upper hand here than the big daddy.

I have driven both cars in well maintained conditions for long distance journey. With my driving skill with the Camry big Daddy and Spider, i would always be reminded of her driving mechanics especially at bends and rough roads that i wasn't handling my Benz's, that i should be very careful i.e when carried by her take off and i would want to hit the pedal with heavy foot and brakes(it could be very dangerous for fun drive). But with the peugeot, oh mehn! it was a completely different experience, nothing to worry about because it could take the twist just like my Benz's only that unlike my Benz's, it has limited steering radius so you need to calculate the bend very well else you could overlap the lane but though it handles better than the Camry by far; no swiveling; no pendulum shocks at sudden brakes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Roads: Must I Buy An SUV? / Honda Accord 2009( Evil Spirit) Vs Toyota Camry 2009 (spider) / Why Quality Tokunbo Cars Are Scarce In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.