Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? (60514 Views)

Photos : Thugs Who Tried To Snatch Ballot Boxes At Amuwo Odofin Arrested / General Buhari's Military Government / General Buhari Likes President Jonathan's Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
poiZon:

to me i think they(APC) staged it.
they said the bomber was trailing buhari's car for so long n yet he didnt get closer to him in a less busy road, abi his car been get hiccups?
anoda point of view, buhari has never used a bullet proof car when on outing but that fateful day he went cruising with a bullet proof car. who is fooling who?
buhari n his sympatizers can go go blow themselves up, nigeria is bigger than 2million buharis.

You remind me of a complete i.d.i.o.t i once read about. I shake my head for you.

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by kendrick93(m): 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ibnsultan: Jonathains are highly delusional.we thank God 4 saving GMB a true patriot,peoples General
u & ur master buhari are d main enemies of dis country... until buhari is brought to law dere will be no peace
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by RaphChiji: 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
If you ask me,na who i go ask?
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by nduchucks: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
SMH
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
dont8: By Japheth Omojuwa:

Japheth J Omojuwa lectures at Berlin’s Freie Universitat and can be reached at jj.omojuwa@fu-berlin.de and @omojuwa

People have being killing themselves since the beginning of creation which implies that buhari can as well commit suicide.

Buhari is not immune to commiting suicide if his frustrations becomes so unbearable for him therefore its a fallacy to think that buhari can not kill himself because u don't know what goes through his mind.

What about those suicide bombers killing themselves so what makes buhari different from this people?

Anyone can commit suicide depending on their state of mind and the methodology deployed to end ones life varies.

I say an emphatic yes that buhari is capable of killing himself because anyone else can and people have been doing that and most suicide bombers share same religious beliefs with him so its a possibility u cant overrule.

Though I don't buy the idea that he tried to kill himself but im also not buying the idea of him unilaterally claiming that a bomb attack that killed others was an assaination attack on him- That's the most fool.ish sayings that has emanated from Nigeria recently.

So if any politician happens to be anywhere a suicide bomber explodes then they have the monopoly to allege it was an assasination attempt on them without any investigation to prove such?

The suicide bomber must have stood infront of him and shouted allah akuba buhari before exploding which made him say it was an assasination attempt on him just like that and some people without brains bought the story without qualms?

Are u guys really ok?

A bomb attack on buhari and the bomb jumped him and went killing others? Seems more like watching rambo part 7.

Una no well at all.

3 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by vigasimple(m): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
As the saying goes. "You reap what you sow"

General Bhuari May not have staged this attack, but he either acquiesce or encourage/incite Boko Haram people when he was making baboons and blood speech when he lost the last election. How many youth corpers died as a result?

2. Since when Northern leaders have vow to make the country ungovernable for GEJ, how many churches and southerners have died? At least 3-1 as against Northerners, same with Church bombing , at least 3-1.

The truth is in my own opinion, Boko Haram is the military wing of majorities of our Northern leaders, they clearly like the disruption and killing in order to make GEJ appears incompetent to enable them grab power for their own selfish interest, not to look after Nigeria as country or even their own Northern region.

The northern leaders know the solution to Boko Haram but that is their modern day equivalent of military coup detat

We are all deceiving ourselves in this country for not telling it the way it is.

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by FILEBE(m): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
There was was a clip i watched on TVC about Buhari thanking GOD after the blast. He was dressed in plain white Agbada pacing and throwing hands in the ear for joy while some passersby were shouting his name. this clip was taken by someone via his mobile phone amd was really unstable.
i've just had d chance to view d video once and it leaves more questions than answers. if anyone also saw that video too maybe you can tell me what you think. A man who just survived a bomb attack wont still be there few minutes after the blast. His securities would first advise him to evacuate the scene lest there is another blast. - just my thinking o.
pardon my writings. i dey hang for BRT dey type this. no time o,me sef wan make point. ;-)

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by kendrick93(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
youngmonie:

Please enlighten me the more..how did you come about this your theory!!! you seem to know it all
u are a big fool if u tink that little stunt wasn't staged.. buhari is boko haran no 1 man....keep on being stupid tho

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
DeZoro: I don't know why we always try to read meaning to everything in Nigeria. Thoughts am not a fan of Buhari but I strongly conderm the saying that Buhari tried to kill himself. I am in Kaduna and u knw how these people behave. God has just spared us from another war that would had split this nation. God bless NIGERIA.

So why should he also claim that the bomb attack was an assasination attempt on him?
What will the ones that lost their life's in that attack now say?

2 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by henryobinna(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
calebo101: This issue has been thrashed over and over again. If he tried to kill himself, that's perfectly alright, i can understand that smiley. If not then i think it's high time he joins hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward. There is no law that says you must be a serving leader before you make an impact!

God know say Uncle Jona must complete e tenure after which we go handover to the East then back to South South again, then to the East, na so we go pass d baton round till we tire, grin. Na all of us get Nigeria afterall. Who nor gree, make e go hang himself. Kpatakpata we go scatter everything make everybody answer e papa name. The one North oppress us don reach, who dey cry dey see road.

aaaarh!.... you go school.
the thing be say majority will never accept the truth(which is what you just wrote). Besides GEJ has/did not terrorise/oppress the north at all,unlike what they did to use and still intend to.

3 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by creamylicious(f): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
And we just thrashed this issue on twitter. Now to some beefing issues....thot omojuwa was handsome...to think that he is in his early thirties, dude Nat fine jawe.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by lebienconnu: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
Something is very fishy about these bombings. Someone with loads of cash with an ulterior motive, is perpetrating evil and "Boko Haram" is claiming responsibilty.

One should give that loudmouthed, confused and deceptive secessioninst a meticulous look.

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Odika1: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
calebo101: This issue has been thrashed over and over again. If he tried to kill himself, that's perfectly alright, i can understand that smiley. If not then i think it's high time he joins hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward. There is no law that says you must be a serving leader before you make an impact!

God know say Uncle Jona must complete e tenure after which we go handover to the East then back to South South again, then to the East, na so we go pass d baton round till we tire, grin. Na all of us get Nigeria afterall. Who nor gree, make e go hang himself. Kpatakpata we go scatter everything make everybody answer e papa name. The one North oppress us don reach, who dey cry dey see road.

Oga skunk is a hard drug if u know say ur brain no go fit carry am u better stop smoking it.

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Afroconnect: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
Adikam: He tried to bomb his car so dat pple wil not suspect his boys again.sim.ple
You relaly think so...that Buhari will blow up himself?

Its sd that all these internet poor sods are busy encouraging thieves and incompetent people that are rendering them poor and confused.

Buhari is a far better leader than Jonathan.

All you dummies,u re the biggest clown if you go ahead supporting Goodluck inspite of these insecurity,massive corruption and embarrassment-imagine allowing a cheap thug,muslim,criminal in the name of Asari a Space in Aso rock,awarding contracts to militants and all.Except you are a beneficiary of the Government's looting you are a useless soul to the nation.

2 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Everfrank(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
The alleged mastermind of the attack just confessed that they were sponsored and paid by Asari Dokubo to kill Buhari.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by chukemmang(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
Alright, let us try to play stupid like Buhari, the supporters of Buhari and northerners in general. Why will Nigeria be in turmoil if the assassination attempt on Buhari was successful? He was attacked by bokoharam. Who or what ethnic group are the bokoharam? Are they not northerners? So why will the assassination of a northerner by a northerner cause Nigeria to be at war? If there should arise any calamity because of the incidence, it should be between the northerners and bokoharam (if we foolishly agree that they are not the same). Except the north just needs any foolish reason to start a war against the south which is why the north will start a war against innocent southerners for the death of Buhari by bokoharam.
I am disappointed with Goodluck for making that silly comment. For How long are we going to pet a pamper the northerners who refuse to grow up?
Northerners should never be aggressive to Nigerians but rather be forever grateful. What has Nigeria not done for the north? In examination, the cut off marks of northerners are the lowest and yet they refuse to go to school. But why is that again? Is it anybody's fault that a group of people are dull academically? Well that aside.
90% of oil block/wells in the south are owned by northerners. These same northerners will never let this happen if the oil blocks were to be in the north and yet northerners fight and hate on we southerners.
90% of all the money in Nigeria are in the hands of northerners, yet the northerners are not happy.
The richest man in Africa Dangote is a northerner, yet northerners are not happy.
Northerners have held ruling power more than any ethnic group in this country, yet northerners are not happy.
Northerners should never fight the south again but rather their fellow selfish rich brothers for neglecting the north despite their huge loot of wealth. But since the north continue to fight the south it only shows their level of reasoning and that is why their examination cut off marks will forever remain low.

2 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by duni04(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Honestly the level of incompetence and sycophancy going on in Nigeria today is unparalleled. A situation where the incumbent president accuses the opposition of plotting bomb attacks on itself to score politically is just astonishing. A president that is in control of the Army, police, Airforce, SSS, DMI, Civil defence corps, Navy, NIA and all the other apparatuses of state security, is turning around to accuse people who control nothing of planting bombs!That's not even the worst part, the worst part is that very stupid and gullible Nigerians (of the same "I voted for Jonathan and not PDP" fame) are coming out to support this Buffon of a President whose only response to the Boko Haram Insurgency as Commander in chief has been to accuse opposing politicians of complicity. Nigerians and their President are Buffons!
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Afroconnect: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Adikam: He tried to bomb his car so dat pple wil not suspect his boys again.sim.ple
You really think so...that Buhari will blow up himself?

Its sad that all these internet poor sods are busy encouraging thieves and incompetent people that are rendering them poor and confused.

Buhari is a far better leader than Jonathan.

All you dummies,u re the biggest clown if you go ahead supporting Goodluck inspite of these insecurity,massive corruption and embarrassment-imagine allowing a cheap thug,muslim,criminal in the name of Asari a Space in Aso rock,awarding contracts to militants and all.Except you are a beneficiary of the Government's looting you are a useless soul to the nation.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Odika1: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2014

Omojuwa

Had we lost the General, the reaction from his supporters and fanatics could easily have plunged Nigeria into its worst chaos in a long time.

Nigeria is a land of the absurd, the strange and the illogical. So last Wednesday, General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) organized to kill himself? Well, that is what those who see Nigeria through the lens of the 2015 elections want us to believe. There are many things wrong with politics and politicians in Nigeria but General Buhari is well and truly above that. Even his opponents admit he is well and truly above board when it comes to the shame and corruption that accompany Nigerian politics. There was clearly a suicide bomber and the bomber was obviously desperate to ensure the retired General was part of his eventual carnage. The incident has since happened, scores have died and Nigerians in their usual way have moved on. Had we lost the General, the reaction from his supporters and fanatics could easily have plunged Nigeria into its worst chaos in a long time.

We have a problem on our hands as terrorists continue not just to maim and kill but to set us against one another. Following each terrorist attack are the accusations and counter accusations. “They know only Igbos sell in that market, so they chose that market to bomb of all places in the north,” is a classic response from a bomb blast that ripped through Kano in northern Nigeria. It did not matter to the person who wrote the words that there is no way anyone would bomb a public place in Kano and not kill more northerners. Even if we took for granted that only a particular ethnic group sells wares in a selected Kano market, should we also assume all the customers and buyers are from the same place? When bombs go off in a church, you are likely to read, “this people are only killing Christians, it is a war against Christians.” You are not likely to read anything from such people when a Mosque gets attacked or when the insurgents kill a revered Islamic scholar. Those who see the world through their bias often times do not see it through the eyes of logic. So they are not likely to remember than bombs are not capable of separating people into ethnic or religious groups, bombs kill and maim everyone within the radius of impact.

That is the same logic to apply when someone like General Buhari survives a major attack that had his vehicles destroyed. That if the terrorists could strike right at a point where one of the nation’s could easily have been killed, they can get anyone. If they missed a major Islamic cleric by a matter of minutes and have killed some other ones, they certainly do not discriminate in terms of their intent; they want to kill anyone not open supportive of their evil and they are not afraid to go after high profile targets just as they kill the poor every other day if not everyday in the northeast.

We need a bi-partisan approach to the war on terror. We are of course not likely to get it soon if someone as highly involved as the minister of state could share an article link claiming one of the major opposition parties is supportive of Boko Haram. This is despite the fact that Boko Haram predates the party by at least 10 years. How can we have a bi-partisan approach to this war if politicians across the board insist on making this more about the 2015 elections than about what it is; a war on our country, our people and our way of life?

And if politicians insist on making it political all the time, what is the role of citizens and civil society? If the numbers get crunched, Nigeria’s poor masses have suffered a lot more in the hands of terrorism. The least we can do is to stop echoing the voices of those who insist on making this about politics and nothing else.

—————————

Japheth J Omojuwa lectures at Berlin’s Freie Universitat and can be reached at jj.omojuwa@fu-berlin.de and @omojuwa
Mumu.

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Abdulazeez296(m): 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
himkers: Yes, Buhari tried to kill himself.
MUMU yees buhari trrrrieeed ttooo killll himmselffff SENSELESS.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by youngmonie: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
kendrick93: u are a big fool if u tink that little stunt wasn't staged.. buhari is boko haran no 1 man....keep on being stupid tho

Will not drag words with you I am bigger than you intellectually. I don't base my own judgments on sentiments or opinion of others or bias against a particular set of people. Listen to your petty self "Buhari is BH's number one man" and our righteous GEJ honored him during the centenary awards and them same GEJ still allows him to raom freely killing people needlessly. Like I said we are not on the same intellectual level..

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by sebyluv(m): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
Personally I feel dat d masterminds behind dis Bombings do not have any religious affiliations, Yes dey may have started with some Northern leaders but ryt now, dose guys have lost control of dem and some oda forces hell bent on bringing dis country to ruins are now at force. The best we can do for dis country is to pray for it. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Timijo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2014

Omojuwa

Had we lost the General, the reaction from his supporters and fanatics could easily have plunged Nigeria into its worst chaos in a long time.

Nigeria is a land of the absurd, the strange and the illogical. So last Wednesday, General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) organized to kill himself? Well, that is what those who see Nigeria through the lens of the 2015 elections want us to believe. There are many things wrong with politics and politicians in Nigeria but General Buhari is well and truly above that. Even his opponents admit he is well and truly above board when it comes to the shame and corruption that accompany Nigerian politics. There was clearly a suicide bomber and the bomber was obviously desperate to ensure the retired General was part of his eventual carnage. The incident has since happened, scores have died and Nigerians in their usual way have moved on. Had we lost the General, the reaction from his supporters and fanatics could easily have plunged Nigeria into its worst chaos in a long time.

We have a problem on our hands as terrorists continue not just to maim and kill but to set us against one another. Following each terrorist attack are the accusations and counter accusations. “They know only Igbos sell in that market, so they chose that market to bomb of all places in the north,” is a classic response from a bomb blast that ripped through Kano in northern Nigeria. It did not matter to the person who wrote the words that there is no way anyone would bomb a public place in Kano and not kill more northerners. Even if we took for granted that only a particular ethnic group sells wares in a selected Kano market, should we also assume all the customers and buyers are from the same place? When bombs go off in a church, you are likely to read, “this people are only killing Christians, it is a war against Christians.” You are not likely to read anything from such people when a Mosque gets attacked or when the insurgents kill a revered Islamic scholar. Those who see the world through their bias often times do not see it through the eyes of logic. So they are not likely to remember than bombs are not capable of separating people into ethnic or religious groups, bombs kill and maim everyone within the radius of impact.

That is the same logic to apply when someone like General Buhari survives a major attack that had his vehicles destroyed. That if the terrorists could strike right at a point where one of the nation’s could easily have been killed, they can get anyone. If they missed a major Islamic cleric by a matter of minutes and have killed some other ones, they certainly do not discriminate in terms of their intent; they want to kill anyone not open supportive of their evil and they are not afraid to go after high profile targets just as they kill the poor every other day if not everyday in the northeast.

We need a bi-partisan approach to the war on terror. We are of course not likely to get it soon if someone as highly involved as the minister of state could share an article link claiming one of the major opposition parties is supportive of Boko Haram. This is despite the fact that Boko Haram predates the party by at least 10 years. How can we have a bi-partisan approach to this war if politicians across the board insist on making this more about the 2015 elections than about what it is; a war on our country, our people and our way of life?

And if politicians insist on making it political all the time, what is the role of citizens and civil society? If the numbers get crunched, Nigeria’s poor masses have suffered a lot more in the hands of terrorism. The least we can do is to stop echoing the voices of those who insist on making this about politics and nothing else.

—————————

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by san316(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Reading some comments here make me wish i had an e-gun. Some ppl ve gotta lose their heads.

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by DECOtech(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
femcruz: when they aimed at kidnapping d chibok girls they didnt miss, they did numerous bombing and they didnt miss, now you telling they bombed others and missed there aim(Buhari) by mistake. mtcheww! Let him kip decieving himself.
Seems like you and I went to the same nursery school.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by duni04(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
sebyluv: Personally I feel dat d masterminds behind dis Bombings do not have any religious affiliations, Yes dey may have started with some Northern leaders but ryt now, dose guys have lost control of dem and some oda forces hell bent on bringing dis country to ruins are now at force. The best we can do for dis country is to pray for it. God bless Nigeria
Oga seriously i don't understand you. Why does everything have to be about politics? Why is it hard to believe that there are Nigerians that have been indoctrinated with false Islamic teachings and that will go as far as going on suicide missions in accordance with what they've been indoctrinated with. The pattern this Jonathan administration is taking is that if anyone criticises them, it has to be because of politics. See how Jonathan disgraced Nigeria with his handling of the Chibok girls abduction. His people in the media, including Nairaland, went round trying to hoodwink the world into believing the abduction was a farce and was a creation of the APC governor in the state.
We need to be objective in the way we think and criticise and stop leaving room for this Buffon we call president to continue to mask his incompetence and cluelessness by accusing the APC of complicity. See how bombs are going off everyday and the guy is just sitting in Abuja, doing nothing but condemning and blaming the APC!
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by PStacks(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
This article no get head no get tail..
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Emmafrancis: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Gynacologist: are u gona provide fo dem if they decide to touch down tat place is damn competitiv.
ok.. So its better to die like a dog in the street Come on. Money is not everything.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Forwetinnah: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2014

Iseeeeeeeeee!!!

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ymodulus: Another Daft Blogger or Columnist or whatever he his called.

This guy annoys me. I feel like choking this phone into his mouth and force him to eat it. Rubbish
...whao!, i can't believe your sense of reasoning has been clouded by wilful myopicism. And like the blogger said, i will reiterate here that unless we all see the Boko haram ish as a war on the Nigeria state, then expect the nxt bomb to sound right at ur back yard(God forbid). When ur two legs' been ripped of by IED, i will see if u stl have the guts to reinforce ur conspiracy theory

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by awujest50(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=]who knows

SIMPLEST WAY TO BE GETTING 70OMB FREE ON MTN DAILY..COMFIRMRD
http://101.gs/9v8fbd9[/quote]
you are a goat!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan Raised Atiku's Hand At Rivers PDP Presidential Rally / 5 States Where The General Elections Might Be Tough / Bloody / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.