Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady (936 Views)

Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by tobechi20(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
Words are powerful. Words evoke emotion. They take you to a time or place, they jog your memory, they bring back sights, smells, tastes. What if a word that brought back a bad memory, a traumatic experience, was tossed around casually? What if nearly everywhere you went, you heard this word? And you just couldn’t escape it

230 high school girls in Nigeria were kidnapped by Boko Haram. Depending on what you read, some escaped, some were forcefully married, some were taken across the border, and some … well … we don’t know what happened to them. What is STILL happening to them. And their families are driving themselves crazy thinking about it, wondering about it, imagining what is being done to these girls.

. So it’s not just their bodies being broken. Their minds are being broken too. In addition to what is being done to them, they are questioning where their God is, where their government is, why they ever bothered going to school.

You see, rape ISN’T just a word. It’s a weapon. And every time someone uses it lightly, it evokes the entire experience. When a woman is walking in a wide street in broad daylight, and a man cat-calls her, and she ignores him, and he causally says how he will rape her, it isn’t just a word. It’s a memory of the torture she went through. And it’s enough to take her out of that bright street and into the hell that was her rape. She may be standing there safe and sound, but in her mind, she’s back in the worst place and time of her life.

Diasporadical

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Djicemob: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
What are u saying?

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
r.ape is not a weapon but a very convinient excuse used by ladies to gain cheap sympathy. I did a random survey by asking some of my closest female friends how they lost their cherry and 9 out 10 told me they were r.aped. All lies.

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by coogar: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
lofty900: r.ape is not a weapon but a very convinient excuse used by ladies to gain cheap sympathy. I did a random survey by asking some of my closest female friends how they lost their cherry and 9 out 10 told me they were r.aped. All lies.

how did you know they were lying?

4 Likes

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by soulglo: 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
lofty900: r.ape is not a weapon but a very convinient excuse used by ladies to gain cheap sympathy. I did a random survey by asking some of my closest female friends how they lost their cherry and 9 out 10 told me they were r.aped. All lies.

I hope you don't have daughters. You're dangerous

3 Likes

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 29, 2014
soulglo:

the truth is always bitter
Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

how did you know they were lying?
no girl will ever tell you she followed a guy to his house and willingly slept over. It's always how he got her drunk , took advantage of her , bla bla bla . How come they keep saying the same thing ? Because they want to play decent and innocent. Most times they say they were used because they were so young and ignorant. One girl I was toasting even asked me " why are guys so wicked ? " that she find it hard to trust guys only to follow me home that same day . In my mind I was like, see pretenders.

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by SAMBARRY: 8:44am On Jul 29, 2014
soulglo:

and a nuisance around females who have dignity undecided

I can't even believe i am reading this in 2014.if you are not suffering from mental instability in which armed robbers broke into your house and raped your mom in your presence or forced you to rape your mom at gun point I see no mentally, well developed and stable man who hasn't suffered trauma typing that bs undecided

2 Likes

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by SAMBARRY: 8:50am On Jul 29, 2014
It's your kind that lust impregnates your daughter in the name of I saw her sleeping nakid and her mom wasn't around and I was aroused .Tufiakwa

undecided
lofty900: no girl will ever tell you she followed a guy to his house and willingly slept over. It's always how he got her drunk , took advantage of her , bla bla bla . How come they keep saying the same thing ? Because they want to play decent and innocent. Most times they say they were used because they were so young and ignorant. One girl I was toasting even asked me " why are guys so wicked ? " that she find it hard to trust guys only to follow me home that same day . In my mind I was like, see pretenders.

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by coogar: 11:32am On Jul 29, 2014
lofty900: no girl will ever tell you she followed a guy to his house and willingly slept over. It's always how he got her drunk , took advantage of her , bla bla bla . How come they keep saying the same thing ? Because they want to play decent and innocent. Most times they say they were used because they were so young and ignorant. One girl I was toasting even asked me " why are guys so wicked ? " that she find it hard to trust guys only to follow me home that same day . In my mind I was like, see pretenders.

well, this is where the age of consent angle comes into play. if a girl of 15 runs to your flat nakêd & begs you for sex, the law states she's too young to understand what she's doing. you as an adult should resist such advances and not take advantage of her naivety.

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by crackhaus: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
I think using 'r.aped' is extreme.

What you probably mean to pass across is that lots of women say loosing their virginity wasn't their choice, but out of pressure or forceful persuasion from the guys who did it.
Now this is what I've heard a lot of.
Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Yemlizzy(f): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
No need to castigate the Op,it is well.
Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
crackhaus:
I think using 'r.aped' is extreme.

What you probably mean to pass across is that lots of women say loosing their virginity wasn't their choice, but out of pressure or forceful persuasion from the guys who did it.
Now this is what I've heard a lot of.
in otherwords they were raped, thats what they always say. But if u ask them whether they report the matter , they will say nope. why didn't u report nah ? errm ermm I don't know ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by coogar: 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
lofty900: in otherwords they were raped, thats what they always say. But if u ask them whether they report the matter , they will say nope. why didn't u report nah ? errm ermm I don't know ooooo grin grin grin

and it hasn't occurred to you that they don't report because most of their attackers are either family members , well-known acquaintances, neighbours, relatives, etc?

besides - nigerians don't have any confidence in their judiciary system so what's the essence of reporting only to be ridiculed by our stark illiterate policemen? people get robbed off their phones everyday in lagos, how many of them report these incidents?

not reporting means they are lying or they are equally culpable of their own attack? lofty900, whichever side of the bed you woke up from this morning must be the wrong side. go back to bed and start the day afresh.

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

well, this is where the age of consent angle comes into play. if a girl of 15 runs to your flat nakêd & begs you for sex, the law states she's too young to understand what she's doing. you as an adult should resist such advances and not take advantage of her naivety.
[size=15pt]if a girl of 15 runs into ur flat and begs u to give it to her or she will harm herself wont u oblige and save her life ? say the truth and the truth shall set u free.....[/size]
Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by coogar: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
lofty900: if a girl of 15 runs into ur flat and begs u to give it to her or she will harm herself wont u oblige and save her life ? say the truth and thep truth shall set u free.....

let her harm herself. i will stand at a distance and get everything on camera.

1 Like

Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

and it hasn't occurred to you that they don't report because most of their attackers are either family members , well-known acquaintances, neighbours, relatives, etc?

besides - nigerians don't have any confidence in their judiciary system so what's the essence of reporting only to be ridiculed by our stark illiterate policemen? people get robbed off their phones everyday in lagos, how many of them report these incidents?

not reporting means they are lying or they are equally culpable of their own attack? lofty900, whichever side of the bed you woke up from this morning must be the wrong side. go back to bed and start the day afresh.
funny guy grin grin
Re: Never Say "Rape" In Presence Of A Lady by tobechi20(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Agony - Pathetic Story Of Albinos. / Gay People Are Now Forced To Have Sex With Relatives To Cure Them??? / Nice Park Pictures, For Your Eyez Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.