Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? (10425 Views)

Opinion: Is It Ok For A Married Woman To UnCloth In The Presence Of Her Siblings / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by efoghorjos: 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2010
With the increase in moral decadence and the sexual harassment witnessed in our society today, should parents UnCloth in the presence of their children? What effect do you think this would have on the children?
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by coolier(f): 12:25am On Aug 06, 2010
I do. grin
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Sissy3(f): 1:10am On Aug 06, 2010
parents should be able to use their discretion when deciding such. a 13yr is a child, so is a 4-6yr old.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Africanqueen2(f): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2010
Its not ok undressing in front of children cos they'll think its ok undressing anywhere
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by spicyhoney(f): 8:32am On Aug 06, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with it if they are of the same sex. My mother used to UnCloth in front of me when i was a child - all through my primary school days, infact we bath together at times but when i got to secondary school and went off to boarding house, during the hols, she tells me to leave the room when she is undressing but now that am an adult she doesn't mind again and i even go to the bathroom to gist with her when she is bathing or pooing at times. And I wasn't affected in any way as a child.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Blueice4re(f): 8:50am On Aug 06, 2010
If they are of the same sex yes, but if not no.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by invisible2(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2010
It is not right, the other day a guy was telling friends that he undresses in front of his sister. Madness.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 06, 2010
@poster
undressing as "IN YOUR UNDERWEAR" or "COMPLETELY NUUDE"?

there is nothing wrong with being in your underwears in front of your children(same as being in your beachwear) but thats the limit!
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by skyndyp(f): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2010
African_queen:

Its not ok undressing in front of children cos they'll think its ok undressing anywhere

Seconded
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Markenny(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2010
up to now i still see my mama breast

1 Like

Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Jeovy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
I think it should be age determined

1 Like

Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by bidemi12(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
another mumu thread. common sense should tell u that it depends on the age of the child.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Coretalk(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
only if
Blueice4re:

If they are of the same sex yes, but if not no.

Seconded

Also, its age determinant. by teen-age years caution should be taken
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Fynist(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
spicyhoney:

I don't see anything wrong with it if they are of the same sex. My mother used to UnCloth in front of me when i was a child - all through my primary school days, infact we bath together at times but when i got to secondary school and went off to boarding house, during the hols, she tells me to leave the room when she is undressing but now that am an adult she doesn't mind again and i even go to the bathroom to gist with her when she is bathing  or pooing at times. And I wasn't  affected in any way as a child.

All wot u said made sense but u watch wen ur mama pooo.Diz shit is crazy grin
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by daylae(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2010
Think telling a kid to excuse you is just to let them know they have the right to demand for privacy when they're in such situation too,and they're feeling uncomfortable;shouldn't be because of his/her presence,for the child is still innocent. But when its an adult/teen,the parent just need to use discretion;and i supposed the child too is old enough to know when to give space in such situation.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by oladayo042: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
Parents discretion is advised.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Raimond(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
bidemi12:

another mumu thread. common sense should tell u that it depends on the age of the child.

I see nothing `mumu` about this thread,if anything, i think it`s rather one of the few sensible threads still existing on Nairaland.
@Topic: I think it`s all about the parents` discretion. Like some people have said here already, i could do it in front of my son, if its a situation i can`t help,but in front of my daughter,it`s a total no,no!!
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Bamsyle2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2010
Erm, maybe . . . if what they're endowed with cannot be described as "Not for Children Under 21" . . .  cheesy
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by harpo(m): 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2010
I totally agree with Bidemi12 IT DEPENDS ON THE AGE OF THE CHILD
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Pageup1(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2010
It is not good for both sex.

For instance, my little sister that has been seeing our mummy's nude regularly and one day when our dad came back from work, the girl said to him, in the presence of everybody that this thing is in our mummy's private part, pointing to our dad's bears . . . grin grin grin cheesy

Ask me what happened afterward? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by snowdrops(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2010
the pathetic number of response to the thread justifies why it should have never made the front page to start with. Whats with these moderators now a days. Very soon a thread on someone sneezing would be making front page.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Doctore(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
it is totally wrong, scripturally it is bad
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by pek(m): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2010
Page-up:

It is not good for both sex.

For instance, my little sister that has been seeing our mummy's unclothed regularly and one day when our dad came back from work, the girl said to him, in the presence  of everybody that this thing is in our mummy's private part, pointing to our dad's bears . . . grin grin grin cheesy

Ask me what happened afterward? tongue tongue tongue
dont believe you. how will a child know what a private part be the way she put it. however, undressing in front of your child is no big deal, the only sag is that it should be done with caution as the age of the child matters a lot to this practice.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by spicyhoney(f): 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2010
Fynist:

All wot u said made sense but u watch wen your mama pooo.Diz poo is crazy grin
Well thats the extent of her openness to me, maybe because am an only girl but mind you i said when we are gisting and this happens now that am an adult and she gets to see me periodically.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by Carlosein(m): 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
It all depends on factors like age of the child, gender and generally the right orientation.
by orientation i mean not taking things to the extreme. train your kids properly and they should be able to handle themselves.
i guess the watchword is decency and prudence.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by jeebeewell: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2010
@ what is the age of the child?
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by GodsSon5(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2010
Very funny, i cant stop laughing, but as for me i wont dress in front of my kids thats just it!!
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by EfeEkarume1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2010
I am addicted this nudd thing like facebook and am not ready to logout!
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by luap: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2010
with young children it's not big deal. We are family. When my daughter became older she does not like to UnCloth or vice versa, but she is ok about either one of us undressing in the same room, but she will tell us she is undressing so don't look. I do the same cause I accomodate her comfort level.

My son, he does not care, but I think guys are like that.

My mom, she is an asian woman and has no problem about me seeing her nude. She is an old woman in her 60's. I think it all just depends on your family culture.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by kobikwelu(m): 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2010
EHNNN!!!

for wetin!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by adanny01(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2010
I've seen my dad, mum and my younger sisters nude (by accident) because i have the habit of not knocking in my house and they have the habit of being very comfortable standing nude in front of the full length mirror robbing cream after shower. Am the only boy and 29 by d way and my 2 younger sisters would nt ask me out before they change clothes nor i walk out. I just dont look and i try to be normal. I never look at them intentionally or burst into their rooms with an intention. But for my mum i always do ABOOOOOOOOOOOOUT TURN! I've been more carefull in my mums room but she ask me to pass her her phone even when shes pooing.
Re: Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? by kobikwelu(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2010
I've seen my dad, mum and my younger sisters unclothed (by accident) because i have the habit of not knocking in my house and they have the habit of being very comfortable standing unclothed in front of the full length mirror robbing cream after shower. Am the only boy and 29 by d way and my 2 younger sisters would nt ask me out before they change clothes nor i walk out. I just dont look and i try to be normal. I never look at them intentionally or burst into their rooms with an intention. But for my mum i always do ABOOOOOOOOOOOOUT TURN! I've been more carefull in my mums room but she ask me to pass her her phone even when shes pooing.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

you are 29 and you still stay  in your parents house!!!!!!
cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Pls Me! Spiritual Husband / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok / Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.