Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting (11847 Views)

Fake Doctor Led The National Medical Association For Years. / Situation Report On The National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting / Bears Foundation’s 2006 National Medical Program In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Kcinho(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2014
bigtt76: Instead of looking for ways to help prevent spread of Ebola, these fools still on strike undecided na den mate dey die for Liberia and Sierra Leone doing helpless service, these ones wan hammer ...God is watching!
You must not be a doctor to volunteer and help fight Ebola. I guess they will need cleaners there. Goodluck with your "helpless service". And don't forget to die as they are doing in Liberia and Sierra Leone.

7 Likes

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Samgreguc(m): 8:48am On Jul 30, 2014
heykims:
This is a blatant lie from d pit of hell, even if it really happened, I'm pretty sure it never would be intentional. What care wud d nurses even give if not to follow d orders of d same doctor documented in d folder..
Besides, d folder is mostly likely within d hospital inadvertently dropped somewhere by d doctor maybe after being taken for morning review, grand round etc.
Why would he take d folder away to deny a patient he operated on further treatment, nd if he wants to, it is very simple to do, he just wud discharge nd dts all. But of course u won't want to discharge a patient u just operated on.
he works in UNIPORT.

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by zurine(f): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2014
interesting
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 30, 2014
This is what happens when the whole Nigerian system depends on the Govt to live..pathetic
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by obysta: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2014
otokx:

It is alleged that doctors went away with the patients folder in UPTH so the nurses and others could not administer care.

My colleague who had just been operated by doctors had to be discharged home. When next you doctors are going on strike do well and leave the folders - it is also public property.
. That is a big lie, no doctor has d tym or energy to carry a patient's folder. Pls get ur facts straight and stop listening to these johesuites who hv nothing beta to do dan to giv doctors bad names

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by tyav7: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2014
It's the Nigerian Medical Association not NATIONAL medical association to you @o
p.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by adahib: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2014
Good development. If the government does the needful, then the strike will surely be suspended in no distant future. But we should be ready for another strike, this time by juhetsu. I'm sure they are already preparing. What the FG should have done would have been to meet both parties together,with both sides comprising to some extent to accommodate the other. That way, I'm sure another strike would have been averted.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes....
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by adahib: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2014
otokx:

It is alleged that doctors went away with the patients folder in UPTH so the nurses and others could not administer care.

My colleague who had just been operated by doctors had to be discharged home. When next you doctors are going on strike do well and leave the folders - it is also public property.

Alleged ko, alligator ni. Anybody with half a brain knows that's a silly lie. No doctor will do that. Think of another accusation jor, that one doesn't hold water.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by myspnigeria: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Clears throat
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Profayo: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2014
bigtt76: Instead of looking for ways to help prevent spread of Ebola, these fools still on strike undecided na den mate dey die for Liberia and Sierra Leone doing helpless service, these ones wan hammer ...God is watching!

The next timr you go to the hospital,may a fool attend to you.

3 Likes

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Profayo: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2014

The next time you go to the hospital,may a fool attend to you.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Objektive: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2014
27 POINT AGENDA. WILL THIS END STRIKES? A GOOD CONDITION THAT WAS MISSING WAS FOR DOCTORS OF PUBLIC HOSPITALS NOT TO OWN PRIVATE CLINICS. THE ABUSE AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST IS TOO RAMPANT.

ALSO, ONCE THE DOCTORS DEMANDS ARE ARE MET THEN THE NURSES WILL GO ON STRIKE THEN THE HEALTH WORKERS......WE ARE ALL MARGINALIZED IN THIS COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Zeus777: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2014
otokx:

WITHOUT DOUBT u are a blatant LIER

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by gbodimowo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Naturally I would have worked passed this place but the uniport story has an element of truth in it but of course you have to be in the system to know what the story should have said is a particular doctor not the whole lot of them as alleging that all the doctors took away the case notes is falsehood

When a doctor comes to work on clinic day with all his patients case notes and goes home with them and you as a patient become a slave to that doctor

It's a shame that this actually happens but it's like dropping water on the desert that's why it's not noticed

Like I said it's happening so don't be naive to say such can't but the percentage of people involved is so insignificant you may hardly notice unless it happens to you

For all those who know not you can attack me but I have made my point

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by ceaser: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
drchingy: This is good enough for me
While it's good enough, they need to be careful and smart in dealing with or having agreements with the government. Most of the outlined items only entail putting pen on paper to sign an agreement - something which the government is good at doing - after all, GEJ signed the relativity agreement being fought for already in January this year.

Now govt proposition is that NMA collects two months arrears giving the reason of it not being captured in the budget. Some questions however come to mind. First, when was the budget finally approved for 2014, April right? Yeah so that means that NMA shouldn't expect to palpate govt proposition till earliest April 2015. By then the cumulative arrears will be close to 2 years. Then the government will again 'beg' them to accept just 10 months arrears quoting the same excuse as they do now.

Secondly, d'you remember how much "emergency fund" was given to INEC the other time? Also how much money did your president recently ask would be needed for "security", billions right? Now the senate, having kept quiet about the outrageous sum contrary to the outcry of most Nigerians, has gone for sallah recess. So don't be surprised if they eventually approve this sum from GEJ when they come back from recess.

Thirdly, govt said that the relativity arrears is still not captured in the September supplementary budget, but they have forgotten what "supplementary" should mean is to capture as much as possible areas that were hitherto not attended to, the "health budget" included. So you can understand why the delegates refused to be fooled and have chosen to continue the strike unless payment issue is addressed with some commitment and not just that, but also that if they (NMA) will forego the 6months arrears, then the new relativity pay should take effect from this month - at least by that NMA'll know it can forego six months arrears in case the government breaks its promise as is their tradition and trade mark.

So playing smart should be the approach of the NMA with the govt. That's why it should be an all or none law and most demands must be met before the strike is suspended. What d'you think will happen if the government reneges on its promise by 2015 and NMA again threatens to go on strike again? Of course the govt by then wil have the trump card to woop their butts thru public outcry against the doctors, something that is already the norm at present. To the layman, the doctors are the ones at fault in this strike and any repeat strike actions can definitely backfire.

Agreements should be sealed with GEJ now. He might not be there next year, or he might get in for a second time. Either way might not augur well. A new government will claim that it didn't sign the agreement and will call for renewed negotiations which might take more years. If on the other hand he gets a second term, then he might be non-chalant as he knows he doesn't have another term to campaign for.

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by lakamua: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
dis govt enjoys failure. well its better for johesu to be on strike dan d nma. using no work, no pay principle will force dem back faster dan if it is tried with doctors

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
lakamua: dis govt enjoys failure. well its better for johesu to be on strike dan d nma. using no work, no pay principle will force dem back faster dan if it is tried with doctors

What really are you saying..care to clarify?
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Kcinho(m): 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

What really are you saying..care to clarify?
I think he is trying to say that JOHESU strike actions are always so short that you may not notice some people went on strike. Boom!!! they are back.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Kcinho(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
tyav7: It's the Nigerian Medical Association not NATIONAL medical association to you @o
p.
The Mods modified the topic not the op.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by tyav7: 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kcinho:
The Mods modified the topic not the op.
Whoever, whatever should call it properly.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by chukel(m): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Samgreguc:
he works in UNIPORT.
ewu, uniport is not UPTH. Dat na how una brain de fire erroneously.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Samgreguc(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
chukel: ewu, uniport is not UPTH. Dat na how una brain de fire erroneously.
is dis the best u can reply?. . . . . . .
If u must knw that guy stood by NMA all through the brouhaha.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Kcinho(m): 5:55am On Aug 01, 2014
tyav7: Whoever, whatever should call it properly.
Take it easy man
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by chukel(m): 6:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Samgreguc:
is dis the best u can reply?. . . . . . .
If u must knw that guy stood by NMA all through the brouhaha.
yes, dats d best I can reply since working in uniport now translates to working or knowing what is going on in UPTH. U sulk at every attempt to be sentimental
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Samgreguc(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
chukel: yes, dats d best I can reply since working in uniport now translates to working or knowing what is going on in UPTH. U sulk at every attempt to be sentimental
did u think d news went by air to him where he was sitting? Or dint u read his post?
BTW, gv me d def of sentimental so, we can analyse who really is.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by bigtt76(f): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
Finally shame catch them

ABUJA (AFP) – Nigerian public sector doctors on Thursday suspended a nearly five-week long strike over an Ebola outbreak which has killed two people and infected five others in Lagos.

A statement from the National Medical Association union listed “the incursion of Ebola into Nigeria” as a main reason for suspending the strike.

The emergence of Ebola in Lagos, sub-Saharan Africa’s largest city with more than 20 million people, has created further panic over the worst ever outbreak of the deadly tropical disease.

The densely-packed city has a weak public health system which experts say is poorly equipped to manage a significant number of Ebola patients.

Lagos state health commissioner Jide Idris late Wednesday appealed to striking doctors to resume work, saying: “We all must come together to address this situation.”

The patient who brought the virus to Lagos on July 20, Liberian finance ministry employee Patrick Sawyer, was placed under quarantine at a private hospital.

But even the basic registration fee at a private facility can cost roughly $200, a sum which only a tiny minority of Lagosians can afford.

If Lagos sees more Ebola cases, public hospitals will need to be operational if Nigeria hopes to contain a spread of the virus, officials say.

Since the start of the year, Ebola has killed nearly 1,000 people and infected more than 1,700, mostly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Sauce....http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/doctors-suspend-strike-citing-ebola-crisis/ grin
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by otokx(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
They called me a liar for saying the truth but in the end the public can read between the lines to know the truth.

There was a shootout in a bar in Aluu sometime this year during the champions league final. A gunman in an okada releasing bullets on guys chilling. A friend was involved and had over 6 operations to restore his leg which is still healing; was forcefully discharged from UPTH because the case folder mysteriously disappeared it was said. He is currently at home.

Consultants at UPTH are staff of UNIPORT; let us remain steadfast in saying the truth.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by armadeo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
otokx: They called me a liar for saying the truth but in the end the public can read between the lines to know the truth.

There was a shootout in a bar in Aluu sometime this year during the champions league final. A gunman in an okada releasing bullets on guys chilling. A friend was involved and had over 6 operations to restore his leg which is still healing; was forcefully discharged from UPTH because the case folder mysteriously disappeared it was said. He is currently at home.

Consultants at UPTH are staff of UNIPORT; let us remain steadfast in saying the truth.

Its your opinion that doesn't make it true.

1 Like

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by allycat: 9:10am On Aug 08, 2014
gbodimowo: Naturally I would have worked passed this place but the uniport story has an element of truth in it but of course you have to be in the system to know what the story should have said is a particular doctor not the whole lot of them as alleging that all the doctors took away the case notes is falsehood
When a doctor comes to work on clinic day with all his patients case notes and goes home with them and you as a patient become a slave to that doctor
It's a shame that this actually happens but it's like dropping water on the desert that's why it's not noticed
Like I said it's happening so don't be naive to say such can't but the percentage of people involved is so insignificant you may hardly notice unless it happens to you
For all those who know not you can attack me but I have made my point

That sounds strange, is there no records department in the hospital? Anyway this is what I say about doctors carrying responsibility for patients care, when a patient goes to hospital and his case note is missing nobody remembers the records department it's still the doctors that get the blame. I know how many times I have had to see a patient with a temporary folder because they can't locate his fille but when you ask a house officer to go and search in the records department he invariably finds it in one corner. We know that if we refuse to see the patient they will go home and say the doctors lost my file, never the records department.

2 Likes

Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by Kcinho(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2014
bigtt76: Finally shame catch them

Sauce....http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/doctors-suspend-strike-citing-ebola-crisis/ grin
No Na you shame catch for bringing up this lie.
Re: Situation Report on the National Medical Association Emergency Delegates Meeting by bigtt76(f): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kcinho:
No Na you shame catch for bringing up this lie.

Hahaha ...na me get Vanguard? Don't shoot the messenger dear tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study / Have You Tried Adams Desire? / Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.