Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,575 members, 7,847,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63607 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan: 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ikwerre is now Ibo?!

You Ibos have been smoking that cassava leaf again, abi?!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bigotry won't be accepted on this forum. If you guys have negative things to say about the Igbo people, you risk being banned by me.

Please don't violate the following rules:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group of people.

Thank you and have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by EbuGeneral(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Igbo men leading in transport business in Nigeria.. Check out Young Shall grow(Rock View), Chisco, Peace Mass, Mbanefo Motors, G.U.Okeke motors, C.U.O motors, Dan Dollars, Uchenna, Evergreen. Adam and Eve,Ekene dili Chukwu, Libra, Fine Boy etc plying all routes in Nigeria. Igbo we too much, no dulling.. I REP IGBO, NWA ABA

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
Gosh the ethnic bigotry within this thread is overwhelming. If you guys do not like posts that you see, please report them and I will hide them. Thanks!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198: Bigotry won't be accepted on this forum. If you guys have negative things to say about the Igbo people, you risk being banned by me.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group of people.

Thank you Nairaland Police Force tongue

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
EbuGeneral: Igbo men leading in transport business in Nigeria.. Check out Young Shall grow(Rock View), Chisco, Peace Mass, Mbanefo Motors, G.U.Okeke motors, C.U.O motors, Dan Dollars, Uchenna, Evergreen. Adam and Eve,Ekene dili Chukwu, Libra, Fine Boy etc plying all routes in Nigeria. Igbo we too much, do dulling.. I REP IGBO, NWA ABA
You forgot Peter and Mike Emerah wink

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by lyntiffany(f): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
amnestylaw1: These are cool answers you have got here. I have learned some new things about the Igbos. I hope every other people (Yorubas, Fulanis, Hausas, Igbiras, Ibibios, Nupes etc) will create such beautiful and educating thread. God bless the Igbos, the Yorubas too.
More of this attitude on NL you see Nigeria being the best In the world. No sentiments at all. Acknowledgement is what we lack. PROUDLY ADA NDI IBO NO TIME.

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by klarke(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
kennysbst: honestly speaking I love igbos because we live together in peace and love here in lag.

Av always have it in mind of going into inter tribes marriage with ur sister, and I got involved during my days at laspotech.
The beauty and the beautiful smile on Nkechi got my attention but been a follower on nairaland starting from most respected and late memory of Anichebe write up on this forum piss me off from my grl due to the hatred I got here abt my tribe,I felt am not secure even with d love her family shown to me.

But sincerely she said she will never let go of me because am unique in my own world.Am in love with her truly but how will I cope if the hatred from one tribe to another on this forum translate to very one on the street.

To me on this forum inter tribes e-war started frm point of been arrogant and proud of been superior while other inferior to u.

no doubt u guys are hustler and that got u involved in anytinz that can bring the money to u either good,bad and worst.

Even you,yourself knows that you can never be superior in every tins to others.We all need to be diligent wen expressing our concern on other tribes.

CAN SOMEONE PAY JUSTICES TO THIS.IF U WARE BORN INTO OTHER TRIBES MIST HOW WILL U FEEL WEN BASH TOGETHER WITH THEM.

we are born NIGERIA b4 any tribe.FUNNY enough GOD knows y he created us together.or do u believe he had made a Big mistake creating us together as one Nation.

REMEMBER U WILL NOT BE ASK IN HEAVEN WHICH TRIBE U BELONG RATHER THAN HOW DO U COPE WITH UR NEIGHBORS

don't take what you read here personal. d original purpose of d OP was to educate d public & address some questions abt Igbo nation, but some ppl highjacked d thread and turned it to e-war front, its unfortunate.
I am an Igbo man as u must've noticed, but when my sister brought did Yoruba man home and told us she loves him, we asked her if she was sure. she said yes. we asked her if he is a Christian. she said yes, he's even a pastor. we gave her our blessings and accepted d young man as one of us. they have since married and living happily.
I don't care where you are from, what matters is your personality and how u treat other. we are all humans, no person or tribe is perfect. we all have our flaws and strength, we must learn how to accommodate one another. otherwise this country will self-destruct.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
That you guys are professors in ritualogy and jujuology undecided

seunoni34:
So in conclusion, what message are you trying to pass across?

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by leketones(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Balkan: proudly Igbo man. one of my yoruba friend
told me last week that he would have been
a rich man if he was Igbo. I asked him why he
thinks so, but he could not explain
nt dat he could nt xplain bt he was afraid of tellin u he would av done money ritual since if he would av been an igbo
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Where were you all day? Or you were busy sucking iya's boobs tongue
We are not intimidated by their insults. I am equal to the task!
#erratically and aggressively proud Igbo#

Fulaman198: Bigotry won't be accepted on this forum. If you guys have negative things to say about the Igbo people, you risk being banned by me.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
You mean the type your people are doing in ibadan soka forest?
Mr one chance conductor! Ritualist!

leketones: nt dat he could nt xplain bt he was afraid of tellin u he would av done money ritual since if he would av been an igbo

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sabotuer just like your governor!!

busterr:

you see?? Typical igboish question.
Imo nwa afo mbaise ezigbo onye igbo.

And very honest man (lolz)
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
cheesy cheesy we are always ready to kick their butt.
Smelling pigs.

dozzybaba: I love the way the thread ended....Yorubas need to be made to know their place. grin

When i see a Yoruba thread i won't hesistate to' return the favour'.Fulaman where is dat your thread...grin

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
peppyluv02: Where were you all day? Or you were busy sucking iya's boobs tongue
We are not intimidated by their insults. I am equal to the task!
#erratically and aggressively proud Igbo#

Some people here though are not so eager to argue though and have complained to me about the terrible things said in this thread. Please report instead of retort. I was busy checking out your feet and shoes in your other profile and wondering if you have pretty toes lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Elebiju: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
jayseehe: I'm an Igbo guy, most importantly, I'm a Nigerian

I don't support tribalism
you are a true compatriot.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Touching.... but the truth is that your people are tibalistic and trouble makers. How does this thread concern them? The person who started the insult on page1 is yoruba,eliment or whatever silly name he bears and as usually we won't let you run us down angry

Goodluck with you and your nkechi smiley

kennysbst: honestly speaking I love igbos because we live together in peace and love here in lag.

Av always have it in mind of going into inter tribes marriage with ur sister, and I got involved during my days at laspotech.
The beauty and the beautiful smile on Nkechi got my attention but been a follower on nairaland starting from most respected and late memory of Anichebe write up on this forum piss me off from my grl due to the hatred I got here abt my tribe,I felt am not secure even with d love her family shown to me.

But sincerely she said she will never let go of me because am unique in my own world.Am in love with her truly but how will I cope if the hatred from one tribe to another on this forum translate to very one on the street.

To me on this forum inter tribes e-war started frm point of been arrogant and proud of been superior while other inferior to u.

no doubt u guys are hustler and that got u involved in anytinz that can bring the money to u either good,bad and worst.

Even you,yourself knows that you can never be superior in every tins to others.We all need to be diligent wen expressing our concern on other tribes.

CAN SOMEONE PAY JUSTICES TO THIS.IF U WARE BORN INTO OTHER TRIBES MIST HOW WILL U FEEL WEN BASH TOGETHER WITH THEM.

we are born NIGERIA b4 any tribe.FUNNY enough GOD knows y he created us together.or do u believe he had made a Big mistake creating us together as one Nation.

REMEMBER U WILL NOT BE ASK IN HEAVEN WHICH TRIBE U BELONG RATHER THAN HOW DO U COPE WITH UR NEIGHBORS
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
cheesy cheesy yeye boy

Fulaman198:

Some people here though are not so eager to argue though and have complained to me about the terrible things said in this thread. Please report instead of retort. I was busy checking out your feet and shoes in your other profile and wondering if you have pretty toes lipsrsealed I like women who talk down on me

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kennysbst(m): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
klarke:

don't take what you read here personal. d original purpose of d OP was to educate d public & address some questions abt Igbo nation, but some ppl highjacked d thread and turned it to e-war front, its unfortunate.
I am an Igbo man as u must've noticed, but when my sister brought did Yoruba man home and told us she loves him, we asked her if she was sure. she said yes. we asked her if he is a Christian. she said yes, he's even a pastor. we gave her our blessings and accepted d young man as one of us. they have since married and living happily.
I don't care where you are from, what matters is your personality and how u treat other. we are all humans, no person or tribe is perfect. we all have our flaws and strength, we must learn how to accommodate one another. otherwise this country will self-destruct.

God bless you.ur words of advice is enough for me.thanks
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Elebiju: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2014

Don't be partial too when making your decision, watch out for provocative comments from Igbo members too.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by alphalpha(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
kabba7:

WILL THIS COME #50,000 FROM THE STOLEN $20 BILLION OR THE STOLEN PENSION FUND please answer sharp sharp .
abeg make him Answer o.make I know whether to register. lololololololol
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Some people here though are not so eager to argue though and have complained to me about the terrible things said in this thread. Please report instead of retort. I was busy checking out your feet and shoes in your other profile and wondering if you have pretty toes lipsrsealed
Aboki so you left policing and was after ladies shoes and toes
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
Descartes: Aboki so you left policing and was after ladies shoes and toes

Ahem, let's stick to topic please lipsrsealed
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Fulaman198(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elebiju: Don't be partial too when making your decision, watch out for provocative comments from Igbo members too.

I am, believe me I'm not partial
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by yomanovic: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
oilykid: tell me the crimes the igbos have committed that other tribes in Nigeria have not committed in a thousand folds more the Igbo
I'll love it if you can also mention the heights in which igbo people have attained that others haven't.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by oluamid(m): 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
kraftykc: Aaaaand we still lack the common sense to show some restraint and modesty even when talking about ourselves. We are not the first among many, nor are we the chosen ones. Can't it be enough that we are humans? Abeg all this praise singing doesn't bode well for prospective interaction with those we would call our countrymen

I tire oo. No man in current Nigeria is born without a tribe. That you come from a particular tribe is mere chance, nothing makes tribe A special than tribe B. Go outside the country and see if anyone gives a fvck where in Nigeria you come from.

^^ My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by yomanovic: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.
Dominate! You mean 'infiltrate, corrupt and bastardise with their greedy(all-for-me) attitude!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by yomanovic: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
manchy7531: Ugochukwu Ehiogu officially unveiled as new Tottenham U21 coach

like Michael Emenalo, we keep conquering the world....
The owner of Gartwick Airport in London is a Nigerian! Is he Igbo? See, some in Nigeria got there first before the ibos. The fact that when ibos reach one height or the other and begin to brag up and down shows them to be OMO OJU O ROLA RI!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by lyntiffany(f): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
klarke: 4get hearsay and hear frm d horse's mouth,
Igbos are beautiful ppl & u know it.
#gladlyigbo

umu-igbo kwenu!
cha! cha! cha! Igbo mma mmanu!!!
Igbo bu ezimba.
gbam!
pls not ezimba but ezumba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) / Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.