Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63189 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
Give falsehood a chance??

"The case of Philip Emeagwali is a cautionary tale on the pitfalls of self-delusion, laziness, and a sense of entitlement. Mr. Emeagwali enrolled in a doctoral program in Civil Engineering at the University of Michigan in 1987. His coursework over, he took the comprehensive examination that qualifies one for candidacy. He failed the exam twice and did not take it a third time. In the meantime, he conducted the research that would later win him the Gordon Bell Prize, a research he began as a class project for one of his graduate courses. In 1991, two years after winning the Gordon Bell by default, he petitioned the Dean of the School of Engineering to be allowed to submit a dissertation (despite not having passed his candidacy exam and therefore not being a doctoral candidate) in a different department — the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His request was curiously granted in what was clearly a sidestepping of standard procedure. Emeagwali submitted the dissertation, basically a rework of his entry for the Gordon Bell competition, on July 24, 1992. A team of internal and external evaluators examined it and found it unworthy of a doctorate and turned it down."
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
Saharareporters are as useless and dry as the Sahara desert.
Stop believing tribal propaganda

I wonder how somebody will use a rogue and reneged site like WWW.Sahara reported.com as a credible site

we know that the site is a pull him down and never seen anything good from Nigeria

can somebody tell me when was it that this sahara reporter said anything good about Nigeria

and an imbecilee will use that trashh as a reference point what a shame
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
gines.You invented the hyperball nature-inspired computer network, can you describe it for us?Philip Emeagwali -I observed that many problems that occur in nature possess a spherical structure. For example, the Earth is spherical and, for this reason, forecasting global warming is best done on a hyperball computer which has numerous processing nodes interconnected in a spherical-structure. This was what motivated me to invent the hyperball computer.Click on photograph for larger photo - Hyperball nature-inspired computer network invented by Emeagwali. The red dots represent the processing nodes while the red lines show which nodes are directly connected.You have described your research approach as multi-disciplinary, unorthodox, intuitive and nature-inspired. Tell us more?Philip Emeagwali -I am a mathematician who relies heavily on qualitative problem solving techniques. I studied the most influential scientists and inventors to learn what made them different from ordinary people and discovered that the most creative peoplein the world scored lower than expected in SAT and IQ tests and most only earned high school diplomas.Henri Poincare, considered one of the world's greatest mathematicians, had an extremely low IQ. Thomas Edison (electricity), Benjamin Banneker (clock), Garret Morgan (traffic light), Henry Ford (automobile) and Alexander Graham Bell (telephone)had 8th to 12th grade education. Bill Gates (Microsoft), Ted Turner (CNN), Bill Lear (Lear jet), Soichiro Honda (Honda cars), and Howard Hughes (Hughes aircraft) never earned a college degree.These geniuses had average IQ but made the world a better place by using their intuition. The lesson that I learned from the greatest inventors and scientists is that I will invent and discover more things by de-emphasizing quantitative methods andusing a multi-disciplinary, unorthodox, intuitive and nature-inspired approach.You have stated that you have found algorithms, software and computers can be enantiomeric --- that is, they have left-handed and right-handed versions like shoes. How did you apply that observation?Philip Emeagwali -Computers that are commerciallyavailable are symmetric or non-handed but it is possible that some existing software and algorithmsare left- or right-handed. I have demonstrated that you can apply a righted-handed algorithm and software to a right-handed computer. But I have not shown how to apply the right- and left-handed algorithms and software to applications.How they can be applied may depend on the thoughtprocesses that led to my discovering them. I discovered enantiomeric computing by observing everyday things such as fitting an ear muff over an ear, slipping our feet into shoes, and putting our hands inside gloves.Because I believe that humans are computers, I conjectured that computers, like people, can have left- and right-handed versions.Since the left hand has a left glove that complements it, I reasoned that a left-handed computer must have left-handed software and algorithms that also complements it. Therefore, efforts to implement a left-handed software on a right-handed computer may be as awkward as putting your left shoe on your right leg. This discovery is weird and totally unexpected.Because this discovery is new, it will take a while to fully understand its implications and applications. Our lives sometimes depends on computers performing as predicted. When an algorithm or software is symmetric, that is, has no left- and right-handed versions, it will not matter whether it is executed in a right- or left-handed computer. For example, because a pen or fork or hammer is symmetric, it does not matter whether we hold it in our right or left hand. On the other hand, a glove is either right- or left-handed and it matters whether we wear it in our right or left hands. It is possible that a right-handed computer can perform in unpredictable manner when a left-handed software is unintentionally executed in it.On the optimistic side, it might be possible that a right-handed computer may be more useful than a left-handed computer. Remember the drug called thalidomide which is manufactured in both left- and right-handed forms. One form of it causes birth defects when taken by pregnant women and the other form is safely prescribed by doctors as a sedative.The right- and left-hand versions of the lactic acid molecule.I am most intrigued by your statements in regards tonature and technology, and how your computing networks have dealt with the awe inspiring powers of nature like the oil field flows, the weather, the movement of the oceans. Are you on the brink of solving any of nature's deeper mysteries and what does a scientist owe mot

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

"The case of Philip Emeagwali is a cautionary tale on the pitfalls of self-delusion, laziness, and a sense of entitlement. Mr. Emeagwali enrolled in a doctoral program in Civil Engineering at the University of Michigan in 1987. His coursework over, he took the comprehensive examination that qualifies one for candidacy. He failed the exam twice and did not take it a third time. In the meantime, he conducted the research that would later win him the Gordon Bell Prize, a research he began as a class project for one of his graduate courses. In 1991, two years after winning the Gordon Bell by default, he petitioned the Dean of the School of Engineering to be allowed to submit a dissertation (despite not having passed his candidacy exam and therefore not being a doctoral candidate) in a different department — the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His request was curiously granted in what was clearly a sidestepping of standard procedure. Emeagwali submitted the dissertation, basically a rework of his entry for the Gordon Bell competition, on July 24, 1992. A team of internal and external evaluators examined it and found it unworthy of a doctorate and turned it down."
Tell us a better fairy tale

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Yoruba keep deluding themselves as been educated the osun state issue opened their nyash

another global Igbo scientist

Dr njemanze

emanzePhotos Source: Chidicon, Inc. USACredits: He has ground-breaking works in Cognitive Neuroscience and is credited with postulation of the Light Theory of Cerebral Asymmetry for Brain Function in Men and Women, which postulates that men have a right brain function dependent on the wave properties ofLight, but women a left brain function dependent on the particulate energy property of Light. This is the theory of Everything in localization of brain function for intelligence, facial processing and color processing (2004, 2005, 2007).He also has several internationally accredited theories on Brain Blood Flow in Neurocardiological conditions.Bio: Philip was born on March 15th, 1962 in Owerri, Nigeria. He trained inNeurosurgery and Neurology, with research interests in cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases in University of Munich, University of London and Bowman Gray School of Medicine in North Carolina USA. He later became Research Professor in Neurosciences. He was awarded thetitle of Academician for Outstanding Theories on the Function of the Brainin Space by the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) – a United Nations Space Organization including all major Space Agencies in the World. He was a Principal Investigator on the study of the Brainin Space for the National Aeronautic and Space Administration (NASA), atJohnson Space Center, Houston, USA, and in Health Applications of Remote Sensing at the Ames Research Center, Moffett Field California, USA from 1995-2000.He is Chairman of the International Institutes of Advanced Research andTraining, Chidicon Medical Center, Owerri. He is a member of several international scientific academies and medical professional organizations. As a members of the British institute of Inventors, he holds over two dozen inventions. He is one of Africa’s leading scientific innovators and has several United States and United Kingdom patentedinventions for several medical devices. He is the author of over 250publications in medicine, and social justice.He holds the following patents at theUSPTO:

NOW TELL ME WHY WONT I BE A PROUD IGBO...DO MANY ROLE MODELS ABOUND GLOBALLY NOT LOCALLY

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:

just admit that Yoruba are failure in all ramification

after nationalizing foreign firms your people ran it aground like Nigeria airways railways nitel etc

such a nasty people

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

just admit that Yoruba are failure in all ramification

after nationalizing foreign firms your people ran it aground like Nigeria airways railways nitel etc

such a nasty people
Yoruba and Hausa thought they could maintain wealth by scrambling for govt offices LOL

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:

Emeagwali is a founding father of the Internet. grin grin
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
Digital Giants
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/sci_tech/digital_giants/8561413.stm

The Nigerian-born supercomputer scientist speaks about how high speed data cables can connect Africa.
Philip Emeagwali has spoken to the BBC for the Digital Giants series, in which the digital world's top thinkers share their visions of the future. They tell us what they believe will be the next big thing online and how it will change our lives.
Digital Giants is part of SuperPower , a season of programmes on V, radio and online exploring the extraordinary power of the internet

Kalvan300:

Emeagwali is a founding father of the Internet. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 11:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
Yoruba and Hausa thought they could maintain wealth by scrambling for govt offices LOL

that's the problem I have with them ..they won't add value to the place just back bite and witch hunt such a terrible people

they really put us in this mess with their masters in the north and the most annoying thing is that they won't accept their ills and not remorseful... always shouting on top of their voice

just do the research of who ran these government office aground from 1970 to 1996 and know what I am saying

now they are disturbing Jonathan an ijaw man

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid: Digital Giants

The Nigerian-born supercomputer scientist speaks about how high speed data cables can connect Africa.
Philip Emeagwali has spoken to the BBC for the Digital Giants series, in which the digital world's top thinkers share their visions of the future. They tell us what they believe will be the next big thing online and how it will change our lives.
Digital Giants is part of SuperPower , a season of programmes on V, radio and online exploring the extraordinary power of the internet

don't respond to him ..education is a wasted venture on him

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

don't respond to him ..education is a wasted venture on him

What's your deal?! undecided

Still butthurt. grin cheesy
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid: Digital Giants

Emeagwali may be intelligent, but he's not as big as he claims. What he won was NOT the Nobel prize of the computer world, he won by default. His PhD was rejected twice!!! He's a fraud.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

What's your deal?! undecided

Still butthurt. grin cheesy

punk

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

Emeagwali may be intelligent, but he's not as big as he claims. What he won was NOT the Nobel prize of the computer world, he won by default. His PhD was rejected twice!!! He's a fraud.
LoL.
You are the envious fraud here.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher:

punk

Awwww. That hurt my fweelings. grin
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
LoL.
You are the envious fraud here.

Nah brah.
I'm calling a fraud what he is.

Dabiri from Caltech, now that's a genius.

The Nigerian that owns Gatwick, that's a genius. Cyprian Ekwensi, that's a genius.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Kalvan300:

Nah brah.

The Nigerian that owns Gatwick, that's a genius. Cyprian Ekwensi, that's a genius.
Keep wallowing in retrogressive Igbophobia.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
quid:
Keep wallowing in retrogressive Igbophobia.

Okay.

Emeagwali is still a fraud, though.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 07, 2014
Kalvan300:

Okay.

Emeagwali is still a fraud, though.
Your personal belief system cannot justify your claim.
Sorry . . .try again.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 12:03am On Aug 07, 2014
quid:
Your personal belief system cannot justify your claim.
Sorry . . .try again.

Okay.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 1:58am On Aug 07, 2014
Kalvan300:

Nah brah.

Which Nigerian owns Gatwick?

When lies are are continuously told, sooner or later, it becomes the truth.

There's the ownership structure on Gatwick's website, please tell us which of the entity is Nigerian? shocked

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Kalvan300: 2:07am On Aug 07, 2014
manny4life:

Which Nigerian owns Gatwick?

When lies are are continuously told, sooner or later, it becomes the truth.

There's the ownership structure on Gatwick's website, please tell us which of the entity is Nigerian? shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adebayo_Ogunlesi

He's not the Owner(my mistake). He's the Chairman of Global Infrastructure Partners, who own the majority of Gatwick.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by tonychristopher: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2014
Kalvan300:

He's not the Owner(my mistake). He's the Chairman of Global Infrastructure Partners, who own the majority of Gatwick.

yorubas and lies

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2014
CharmO1: you are quite asinine to even come back and quote me again. If this forum had been called Yorubaland or O'odualand, I'd have stayed far away from it but it's Nairaland. And the creator of the forum is Yoruba, yes but other tribes are acknowledged here officially. If someone creates a thread about his tribe and you don't like what he wrote about his own tribe, don't post insults. Read and walk away. It's sheer and utter 5tupidity to insult a tribe on a thread that has not insulted your tribe.
Nne idi 2much smiley

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Okeikpu(m): 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
quid:

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by manny4life(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
Kalvan300:

I am glad you know the truth, nothing further.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pls Ignore that fool.

manny4life:

I am glad you know the truth, nothing further.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
nna eh the thing buzi second hand virgin grin

Okeikpu: yea.... emesia ka welu nwayoo guo ya. Otego ezigbo aka ma akaro use dat mail sad it gonna take some hours to reopen it... Ha kuchigo d thing...

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
kedu ife iji pics m eme i cho ka ndi Yoruba were ya gwo ogwu undecided

Iykeponti: Umu-Igbo daalu noo! IFE UNU NEME AMAKA. kedu ezenwanyi anakpo Peppyluv? BIKO TINYEKENU YA PIX, KA ANAFU IRU GI ANYA cool na ndi nwe obodo abatago cool

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
sharrap! angry

OrlandoOwoh:
If you're reasonable common sense would tell you everybody has the right to comment on every thread because there is no forum's rule against it.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
peppyluv02: sharrap! angry

What is that supposed to mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife welcomes 6th Wife to Palace (pics) / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife During Daughter's Graduation At University Of Manchester / Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wives Pose Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.