Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (487927 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by propanegen: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
HI, THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT A BRAND NEW 3 BEDROOM TWINS DUPLEX TILED, EN SUIT , HAS C OF O, HAS WATER TREATMENT PLANT, HAS WATER HEATER, FENCE ROUND WITH 2 GATES @ AMUWO ODOFIN ICAN ESTATE LAGOS NIGERIA IS FOR SALE. PLEASE! CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO ON...+2348166866515.
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/jiji-pictures/482708_brand-new-4bedroom-duplex-with-all-rooms-en-suite-spacious-compound-and-gated-estate_180x135.jpg
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ranson(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Thanks for your response. God bless you.

silkytouch:
Click on your profile picture and scroll down to MY REWARDS, when you get there, check the top left side of the page and you would see OVERVIEW--REWARDS--CREDIT SHOP--BADGES. From the OVERVIEW, you get to see all the coins and badges you racked up doing all sorts of things on the website, then from the CREDIT SHOP, you can see how much coins is needed for a level1, level2 and level3 exams as well as how much coins needed for other things too. From what you see, if your coins are up to 1000 which is what level1 exam requires, then you can click on BUY ME NOW. When you have done that, then look up to the top left hand side of your page where it says WORK, click on it and look all the way down to GET CERTIFIED, it will take you to the skills Lab where the skill level you purchased would be acknowledged and you would get the chance to write one of the most basic tests recommended by Freelancer, like US ENGLISH(level1), UK ENGLISH(level1) etc. I hope this helps you and please try as much as you can to spend some time on the site, play around and explore.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ranson(m): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Please stay on your lane.

propanegen:
HI, THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT A BRAND NEW 3 BEDROOM TWINS DUPLEX TILED, EN SUIT , HAS C OF O, HAS WATER TREATMENT PLANT, HAS WATER HEATER, FENCE ROUND WITH 2 GATES @ AMUWO ODOFIN ICAN ESTATE LAGOS NIGERIA IS FOR SALE. PLEASE! CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO ON...+2348166866515.
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/jiji-pictures/482708_brand-new-4bedroom-duplex-with-all-rooms-en-suite-spacious-compound-and-gated-estate_180x135.jpg
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2015
cmecproblem:

for now the banks with the best rates are Fidelity bank - 180/200, UBA - 171. the banks to avoid for now are diamond bank-143, gtb- 138. i will try out stanbic, firstbank and eco next time i withdraw funds.

Some people don't know what they are talking about.

This is false information.

None of these banks set the rate.

It is set by mastercard, period.

The rule of thumb with your "Freelancer" Payoneer card is withdraw the max each time ( 20,000 ) or else you will shoot yourself in the foot.

The card charges $3.00 per withdrawal and exchanges at 3% less the official exchange rate.

If you went and withdrew N5,000 you effectively reduced the final exchange rate as opposed to the rate you'd get for N20,000.

$3 on N5,000 is a 12% reduced "effective" currency rate.

$3 on N20,000 is a 3% reduced "effective" currency rate.

End of.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
coderXO:

The rule of thumb with your "Freelancer" Payoneer card is withdraw the max each time ( 20,000 ) or else you will shoot yourself in the foot.

The card charges $3.00 per withdrawal and exchanges at 3% less the official exchange rate.

If you went and withdrew N5,000 you effectively reduced the final exchange rate as opposed to the rate you'd get for N20,000.

End of.
I will still say this is a fallacy until proven otherwise...I don't believe the aspect you said, " None of these banks set the rate. It is set by mastercard, period." Oh....all the banks have separate exchange rate the same day and na Mastercard set am? FirstBank ex different from UBA, GTB, Fidelity on the same day? Mastercard is just a mode of payment like visa is.....I still insist the banks sets the exchange rate.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
twosquare:
I will still say this is a fallacy until proven otherwise...I don't believe the aspect you said, " None of these banks set the rate. It is set by mastercard, period." Oh....all the banks have separate exchange rate the same day and na Mastercard set am? FirstBank ex different from UBA, GTB, Fidelity on the same day? Mastercard is just a mode of payment like visa is.....I still insist the banks sets the exchange rate.

I've been on freelancer 10 years. I'll tell you about fallacies.

A mastercard or visa is exchange rate is regulated by the company issuer, not the bank.

You can't have a one bank card charging whatever it wants. What stops them from changing 100 versus 200 versus vs 50 vs 1 vs 3?

The 5000+ banks throughout the world the issuing visa/mc are each setting the exchange rates individually as they chose?

What is GTB exchange rate for when you use you naira mastercard in India or Pakistan or Myanmar or Ghana or Korea or Thailand or etc etc.

They have set the exchange rates for these too from Naira to Riyals to Cedis to USD to Rupees to Baht to Ruble?

Come on now folk. Use your medula.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by silkytouch(m): 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
In plain language Sir, how do you suggest we make the most from our withdrawals? What are we supposed to do to get paid 200 and above per dollar?
coderXO:

A mastercard or visa is exchange rate is regulated by the company issuer, not the bank.

You can't have a one bank card charging whatever it wants. What stops them from changing 100 versus 200 versus vs 50 vs 1 vs 3?

The 5000+ banks throughout the world the issuing visa/mc are each setting the exchange rates individually as they chose?

What is GTB exchange rate for when you use you naira mastercard in India or Pakistan or Myanmar or Ghana or Korea or Thailand or etc etc.

They have set the exchange rates for these too from Naira to Riyals to Cedis to USD to Rupees to Baht to Ruble?

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cmecproblem(m): 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
coderXO:

What you are saying and what applies live for transactions is clearly different. i indicated what i experienced you are still talking theories here. those figures i quoted are for different banks and estimated payout for each bank. you think the banks dont make a commission on the transactions too? the banks cut is independently set. anyways those figures were to guide the people here who might have a challenge choosing which bank ATM to use for their withdrawals. you can try dropping some tips on how to get the best rates too, will be greatly appreciated.

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cmecproblem(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
coderXO:

End of.

you clearly misunderstand the aim of posting those figures, the bank payout fluctuate irregularly thats why we post the rates we get paid from time to time. earlier Oga Tranxo posted fidelity paying out at 203 i quickly took advantage of that and enjoyed that rate, but the next time i was paid at 180, freelancers here withdraw daily and weekly, so these figures are just a guide to help us here make better choices to get the best rates at that time. the other guy withdrew from gtb at 138, clearly a warning that we should stay away from that atm until it goes up say in a few weeks, that day he posted withdrawing at 138 from gtb i withdrew from UBA at 171. hope you now understand what our aim is now.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
coderXO:

You don't have to be insultive to drive your point.......

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by slim49z(m): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
coderXO:

I Don't know what you talking about dude. All I know is that Fidelity bank's got higher rate than all the other banks!

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by topsquino(m): 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
which kind exchange rate i dey see..kai...i am not anti-naija, but abeg make the exchange rate stay N200. As for those crying for reviews, please do not be dismayed because some employers only consider the price of your bid before awarding you the project. Merci, i have replied your message. my brothers and sisters make una add more to una skill, articles no dey pay well these days. have you considered proofreading, editing, data entry, and the like?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 8:32am On Aug 10, 2015
cmecproblem:

you clearly misunderstand the aim of posting those figures, the bank payout fluctuate irregularly thats why we post the rates we get paid from time to time. earlier Oga Tranxo posted fidelity paying out at 203 i quickly took advantage of that and enjoyed that rate, but the next time i was paid at 180, freelancers here withdraw daily and weekly, so these figures are just a guide to help us here make better choices to get the best rates at that time. the other guy withdrew from gtb at 138, clearly a warning that we should stay away from that atm until it goes up say in a few weeks, that day he posted withdrawing at 138 from gtb i withdrew from UBA at 171. hope you now understand what our aim is now.

And I am stating very clearly that the variation in rates been posted is wrong.

Absolutely impossible that you got charged 138 anytime since January this year.

Unless as I said, you did not withdraw the maximum.

Let's do this, when you are stating whatever rates, state how much you withdrew at the bank.

This whole year through, at any bank withdrawing N20,000 has ranged between $103 - $113 reflected on my statement which is equivalent N194 - N176

If you went and withdrew N5,000 or N7,000 is the only way you would get a crappy rate like N138 (because of the $3 flat charge ).

Anyway, I've made my point: Make sure you try your best to always withdraw the max (N20,000), else you get a poor "effective" exchange rate.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 8:35am On Aug 10, 2015
slim49z:
I Don't know what you talking about dude. All I know is that Fidelity bank's got higher rate than all the other banks!

I have used my card at Fidelity, Zenith, GTB, Stanbic, Diamond. No difference except the normal daily fluctuation of the currency itself which will usually never be more than 1-2%
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2015
To get the best rate, let your money accumulate to as high as possible: $1000 - $3000; then use a wire withdrawal. Then go to BDC and get standard black market rate.

The flip side of that, don't leave your money in there too long.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by silkytouch(m): 10:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Editing and proofreading are easier than article writing and they dont come as often as article writing. When dem come manage come, you go see more than 100 people placing bids on them, and thats where your flag and reviews come into play
topsquino:
which kind exchange rate i dey see..kai...i am not anti-naija, but abeg make the exchange rate stay N200. As for those crying for reviews, please do not be dismayed because some employers only consider the price of your bid before awarding you the project. Merci, i have replied your message. my brothers and sisters make una add more to una skill, articles no dey pay well these days. have you considered proofreading, editing, data entry, and the like?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by silkytouch(m): 10:47am On Aug 10, 2015
I have read some scary things about freelancer.com and how they vanish people's funds, so allowing your money grow up to even $500 is risky.
coderXO:
To get the best rate, let your money accumulate to as high as possible: $1000 - $3000; then use a wire withdrawal. Then go to BDC and get standard black market rate.

The flip side of that, don't leave your money in there too long.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2015
silkytouch:
I have read some scary things about freelancer.com and how they vanish people's funds, so allowing your money grow up to even $500 is risky.

Generally your money won't vanish if you stick to the rules and don't have issues with buyers.

But in my time, I have had one or two problems thus the caution.

I've had my account suspended while I had $2500 in it. Later restored but you can imagine the fright.

In my time, I've also had a buyer do a charge back on his credit card for a project completed 3 months prior .

They in turn removed the $300 from my account.

I have a relatively big reputation/profile on freelancer and it is my bread-and-butter so I just have to take whatever they dish out to me. I cannot risk losing my account. That would be a total disaster.

In general, most people do just fine but there will be infrequent problems.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cmecproblem(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2015
i understand your arguments about the rates and how to get the best by withdrawing when the max amount is available, i dont advice anyone to leave their monies to grow till $500 though before withdrawing, as for me as soon as my earnings hit $100 i remove it instantly, i am okay with what i am getting from the banks, this way i have to go to the ATMs frequently but its okay, the waiting time for payment processing is another issue too. freelance websites cant be trusted they have the power to suspend or block accounts as they see fit.
coderXO:

And I am stating very clearly that the variation in rates been posted is wrong.
Absolutely impossible that you got charged 138 anytime since January this year.
Unless as I said, you did not withdraw the maximum.
Let's do this, when you are stating whatever rates, state how much you withdrew at the bank.
This whole year through, at any bank withdrawing N20,000 has ranged between $103 - $113 reflected on my statement which is equivalent N194 - N176
If you went and withdrew N5,000 or N7,000 is the only way you would get a crappy rate like N138 (because of the $3 flat charge ).
Anyway, I've made my point: Make sure you try your best to always withdraw the max (N20,000), else you get a poor "effective" exchange rate.

i understand your argument about the rates and how to get the best by withdrawing when the max amount is available, i dont advice anyone to leave their monies to grow till $500 though before withdrawing, as for me as soon as my earnings hit $100 i remove it instantly, i am okay with what i am getting from the banks, this way i have to go to the ATMs frequently but its okay, the waiting time for payment processing is another issue too. freelance websites cant be trusted they have the power to suspend or block accounts as they see fit.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2015
cmecproblem:
i understand your arguments about the rates and how to get the best by withdrawing when the max amount is available, i dont advice anyone to leave their monies to grow till $500 though before withdrawing, as for me as soon as my earnings hit $100 i remove it instantly, i am okay with what i am getting from the banks, this way i have to go to the ATMs frequently but its okay, the waiting time for payment processing is another issue too. freelance websites cant be trusted they have the power to suspend or block accounts as they see fit.

Not cost effective for me to use ATMs. The rate difference is just too much. I prefer to use bank wires. I used my card one whole year plus but figured it was not worth it. Bank wires on the other hand are not that great either for removing small amounts as you get charged $50 + 0-1% by your bank when withdrawing in Nigeria

At the end of the day, you get jacked either way but trust me I've done the calculations to know which is more worth your while.

If you are willing to leave it in there, wires are definitely the way to go.

Read my next message. A little analytical sample.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
silkytouch:

That's not nice AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
OK here's a wire vs card scenario for freelance sites.

WIRE
------

Say you let your money accumulate and got it up to $3000+

For this example, I will say that we want to exactly withdraw that same $3,000 from your domiciliary account in Nigeria.

The site you use will likeLY charge you $25 to process the wire.

Then the correspondent bank will take their own $25.

Then your bank will take 0.5% when you are withdrawing ( $15 )

A total of $3065 ($3000 + $25 + $25 + $15) to withdraw exactly $3000.

At today's average BDC rate N220, your $3,000 will be N660,000

Your effective exchange rate is N215 ( 660,000 / 3065 )

CARD
-----------------------

On the other hand you took that $3065 via ATM card.

The last N20,000 I collected on my ATM was billed to my card as $107
Thus an effective rate of N187. ( 20,000 / 107 )

So your $3065 will turn to N573,155 ( Using the ATM 28.6 times; collecting N20,000 each time)

===================

See that difference?

===================

Compare that to N660,000. That is a N86,000 difference.

Do you want to be losing that much?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
silkytouch:
Editing and proofreading are easier than article writing and they dont come as often as article writing. When dem come manage come, you go see more than 100 people placing bids on them, and thats where your flag and reviews come into play

Hmmm! That is why you need to learn more skills. Easy tasks like article writing and data entry gets lots of bids. But not Market and internet research, competitor's research or other forms of research that is brain tasking but worth it at the end. E-book and report writing is also a good skill you can learn. A 5000 words e-book can go for $100 - $200, depending on the client's budget. These skills are not as difficult as you think, you only need to use your brain and your writing skills and at the end you smile to the bank big time.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
I wouldn't advise anyone to leave their earnings to accumulate to $3000-5000 before withdrawing. It is a risky venture! What I do is to withdraw mostly on weekly basis to my Payoneer card. It is free and safer there. I trust FL so much, but it is better to be on the safe side.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by silkytouch(m): 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
Yeah, learning to write ebooks would be totally worth it, and I know i have you to mentor me whenever am ready. But at the moment my personal best now in terms of jobs that pay big is Transcription. A 30mins transcription job pays around $30-40
ladywriter:

Hmmm! That is why you need to learn more skills. Easy tasks like article writing and data entry gets lots of bids. But not Market and internet research, competitor's research or other forms of research that is brain tasking but worth it at the end. E-book and report writing is also a good skill you can learn. A 5000 words e-book can go for $100 - $200, depending on the client's budget. These skills are not as difficult as you think, you only need to use your brain and your writing skills and at the end you smile to the bank big time.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Please add Zenith Bank to the list.
as at yesterday when I withdrew from zenith bank,they charged me at 185
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nigeriatraining: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Seeking Rise in Pay and position in your CAREER? Then you need to do one or two of the following professional courses:
1. Hadoop Essentials Course
4 Day Hadoop Essentials Course September 21st - 24th, 2015.
This 4 day intensive fast paced course will deliver a technical
overview of the Hadoop landscape. No prior knowledge of
databases is assumed. However...

2. NEBOSH International General Certificate [Training & Certification Exam in Warri, PH] Aug. 17th - 28th, 2015.
This course is an internationally recognized qualification in the
management of Health and Safety at work. This is the right
course for you if ...

3. Five day HSE Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 training with International Certification.
Hands on training inclusive of Practical,
Training manuals would be in soft copies.
Certificate to be issued by World Safety Organization.
Certificate comes with logo and Seal of World Safety...

4. NEBOSH IGC In Safety & Health (UK) Lagos 10th - 29th of August, 2015.
If you are thinking of a good way to get prepared for a
rewarding career in construction, oil and gas, maritime and
general industries both locally and internationally, then
acquiring a certificate from one of the foremost recognized...

Please visit nigeria training network . com to know more about other courses
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ken4jj(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
silkytouch:
Yeah, learning to write ebooks would be totally worth it, and I know i have you to mentor me whenever am ready. But at the moment my personal best now in terms of jobs that pay big is Transcription. A 30mins transcription job pays around $30-40

Transcription falls under which skill category? I cant find it
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by silkytouch(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
translation, i think...
ken4jj:

Transcription falls under which skill category? I cant find it
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
wakacome:
as at yesterday when I withdrew from zenith bank,they charged me at 185

Same rate I was charged two Saturdays ago.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by coderXO(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
ladywriter:
I wouldn't advise anyone to leave their earnings to accumulate to $3000-5000 before withdrawing. It is a risky venture! What I do is to withdraw mostly on weekly basis to my Payoneer card. It is free and safer there. I trust FL so much, but it is better to be on the safe side.

Not really. It's a matter of how long it takes you to make the amount.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.