Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash (87043 Views)

Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Mallam El-rufai Son Dies In Car Crash / Arisekola Alao Wife Dies In Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by 50calibre(m): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
How old was the young man and what in fu*k's name was he doing on the roads at 5:30am?

I'm not even going to lay the blame down to his age because I've seen very very careful young drivers, I started driving at the age of 16, though I experimented a lot, I knew my limits and the value of life.

Those major Abuja roads are no child's play, I've plied some of those roads (as a passenger ) and they are one of the most dangerous I've ever seen. Some of the roads are just one way traffic with heavy duty vehicles moving recklessly, no road lights, one eyed vehicles, motorcyclists,.....So so dangerous.

If the young man was drunk, then he killed himself.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by antartica(m): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
oilyngbati: Muslims are not happy

They’re not happy inGaza
They're not happy in Egypt
They're nothappy in Libya
They're not happy in Morocco
They're not happy in Iran
They're not happyin Iraq
They're not happy in Yemen
They'renot happy in Afghanistan
They're not happy in Pakistan
They're not happy in Syria
They're not happy in Lebanon
So, where are they happy? They're happy in Australia
They're happy in England
They're happy in France
They're happy in Italy
They're happy inGermany
They're happy in Sweden
They're happy in the USA & Canada
They're happy in Norway & India
They're happy in almost every country that is not Islamic! And who
do they blame? Not Islam... Not their leadership... Not themselves...
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!! And they want
to change the countries they're happy in, to be like the countries they
came from where they were unhappy.
Try to find logic in that ! JeffFox worthy on Muslims:
1. If you refine hero in for a living, but you have a moral objection
toliquor... You are a Muslim
2. If you own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocketlauncher, but
you can't afford shoes... You are a Muslim
3. If you have more wives than teeth... You are a Muslim
4. If you think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and
suicide...You are a Muslim
5. If you can't think ofanyone you haven't declared Jihad
against...You are a Muslim
6. If you consider televisiondangerous, but routinely carry explosives
inyour clothing... You are a Muslim
7. If youwere amazed to discover that cell phoneshave uses other
than setting off roadsidebombs... You are a Muslim
8. If you havenothing against women and think every manshould own
at least four... You are a Muslim
9.If you find this offensive or racist and don'tforward it... You are a
Muslim!! --------------------
Buddhists living with Hindus = NoProblem
Hindus living with Christians = NoProblem
Christians living with Shintos = NoProblem
Shintos living with Confucians = NoProblem
Confusians living with Baha'is = NoProblem
Baha'is living with Jews = NoProblem
Jews living with Atheists = NoProblem
Atheists living with Buddhists = NoProblem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = NoProblem
Sikhs living with Hindus = NoProblem
Hindus living with Baha'is = NoProblem
Baha'is living with Christians = NoProblem
Christians living with Jews = NoProblem
Jews living with Buddhists = NoProblem
Buddhists living with Shintos = NoProblem
Shintos living with Atheists = NoProblem
Atheists living with Confucians = NoProblem
Confusians living with Hindus = NoProblem
Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslimsliving with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims livingwith Baha'is = Problem.
Muslims living withShintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists= Problem
MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS =BIG PROBLEM

It boils down to fundamental ignorance.The key message is missing in their fold and that is unconditional love.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Rizstar: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
OCTAVO: Nawa o.
you see what i was telling you?
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by yamunla(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Forwetinnah:

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin may God forgive you!!
grin
Forwetinnah:

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin may God forgive you!!
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by traware(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Xfactoria:

Speak for yourself dude! His death doesn't make me happy. We are losing well schooled kids who can help change things in the north in the future. Forget about your dislike for his father (I also do not like his father's political leanings of late). Hamza is innocent and didn't choose to be born by mallam or a former minister the same way none of us chose our parents.
I am also saddened by the youngmans' death but let's not be sentimental here.Even if he had completed his education,he would have done nothing for struggling Northeners except become part of the elite in the North who continue to deceive,subjugate and disenfranchise the majority of the populace in the North

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Dmano: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
No body is hapy 4 his dead but i think it has to be more of overspeeding posibly his babe was calling 2much he decided 2fly instead of driving. Anywhere rip
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Fulaman198(m): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
traware: I am also saddened by the youngmans' death but let's not deceive ourselves here.Even if he had completed his education,he would have done nothing for Northeners except becoming part of the elite in the North who continue to subjugate and disenfranchise the majority of the populace in North

Well said

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by anonimi: 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
lastpage:

Ayoo lo'npayan, Isee ki'npayan! (it is excessive exuberance that kills, "lack" does not kill ...literally translated) wink

Looking at his Lexus vehicle, a few things become obvious:

1.) the scratches on the car's body and the multiple depressions shows that the vehicle undertook "multiple somersaults and side-rolls"
Cause: Complete "Loss of control" which is not unconnected with very high speed.

2.) Looking at the wheels of the vehicle, they are almost pulled-off the body of the car ....just hanging by a few wires! Infact, the two front wheels are off the vehicle!! shocked
Cause: Impact was massive, sudden and jangling.... the type you see when a racing car crashes into a wall or barrier or as in this case, another vehicle! Excessive 'big-boy' speed!

3.) Judging that the other vehicle was "stationary" and was not even obstructing the road (as it was parked 'off-road'), it may be that its hazard lights were not "on" (pls let us always remember to do this when we are parked alongside the road, so that other road users can have "advance warning" of lurking danger!).
But then, the guy must be doing "how many hundreds of miles/hour" to leave the road and ram into a stationary vehicle at the side of the road?
Its not as if Police men from Alakara Police station in Mushin-Lagos, are at their "usual game" vis-a-vis De Grin accident now?

A few possibilities as well:

a) Was he intoxicated (alcohol)?
In some countries, his remains would be autopsied for alcohol right away but in Nigeria, we blame it on God, as usual. wink wink
But l know "poor" Muslims dont drink alcohol ..... "rich ones" are probably exempted! wink wink

b) Was he using his "seat-belt"?
Judging by the fact that vehicle must have rolled a few times but the "driver's compartment still looks a bit okay", compared to the backside, l suspect my guy was not on seat belt and suffered multiple concussion and internal organ damage as vehicle made impact and began rolling over and over.

c) Again, "two people were involved"
...why did the other survive the crash (either his side passenger or the driver of the other vehicle) and only him went AWOL?
Likely a "seat-belt" issue! Are we learning from this episode or are we going to repeat the same mistake?

I feel sorry for the young man who has to end his life is such manner, l also feel sorry for his parents who used their own money to buy what killed their son!
If prayers were useful to the dead, l would offer some prayers for him but its a waste of bandwidth as it has zero effect on the dead.

But let us "Parent"s, especially those of us with "wads of cash in our pocket", understand that there are better things we can do with our money
*Helping the needy, not just in our area or when we need their votes but across the nation!
*Build schools where they dont even know you, equip hospitals anonymously, sponsor University students without any fanfare and "Journalist's kleig-lights".
*Pay a few years rent, for the shop for all those poor women that Fashola's army of "KAI" keeps chasing and seizing their wares daily for hawking since they cant afford the price of those "Ultra-modern shops" in a million years!
*Go to the rural areas like Makoko, Ajegunle, Bariga, Mushin, Ejigbo (just to mention a few ones in Lagos alone), what stops you from sponsoring a 50-50, joint building project for them? They provide half, you balance the other half!.

I can go on forever, highlighting where Nigerians need our "rich people" (whether its their private Money, like Bill gates; or our looted patrimony, like many Nigerian Politicians/Military Leaders and office holders).

Our rich people should learn from the rich people in Western countries on how they impact the world, not just think about their own "personal, selfish interest", all the time.
How much has Bill Gates pumped into Malaria and HIV research in Africa? .... or is he the one that created HIV and Mosquitoes? shocked shocked
What about his One-Computer, One Child initiative? ...... Or na im born all of us for Africa?

I dont want to say it but it just wont go-away: Is it the same El-Rufai that was bulldozing "completed houses" in Abuja, when he could have seized those houses (for any contravention of building codes), sell them by transparent public auction and use the money to build low-cost houses for the masses after-all, the same "locations" have been re-allocated and built-up again, by those on the other side of the "power-show"!?

"The rich are dying of constipation ....while the poor are dying of starvation" readily comes to mind!

I might sound critical or even unsympathetic but honestly, l don't partake in all these "fake sympathy" that Nigerians chorus when such things happen, only for them to go behind and bad-mouth the man.
Say it openly so that others like me might learn a lesson or two from it.
And dont even think l am "poor" by any stretch of imagination. wink

Lessons learned, lets move on, the #Chibock Girls are still missing!
Dearis God uuu Oooo! shocked shocked

Lastpage!

Many thanks for your comprehensive take on this accident & avoidable death.
Nothing to add.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Caseless: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
onuwaje:
I've been around
As for the wife part.... ‎يعجد يشهحوا فخةةحيت ذكي‎
transliteration: ya'ajad yash-hahuû fajat hayet zakkã. grin grin
u must translate am!
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
Muslims are not happy
They’re not happy inGaza
They're not happy in Egypt
They're nothappy in Libya
They're not happy in Morocco
They're not happy in Iran
They're not happyin Iraq
They're not happy in Yemen
They'renot happy in Afghanistan
They're not happy in Pakistan
They're not happy in Syria
They're not happy in Lebanon
So, where are they happy? They're happy in
Australia
They're happy in England
They're happy in France
They're happy in Italy
They're happy inGermany
They're happy in Sweden
They're happy in the USA & Canada
They're happy in Norway & India
They're happy in almost every country that is
not Islamic! And who
do they blame? Not Islam... Not their
leadership... Not themselves...
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY
IN!! And they want
to change the countries they're happy in, to be
like the countries they
came from where they were unhappy.
Try to find logic in that ! JeffFox worthy on
Muslims:
1. If you refine hero in for a living, but you have
a moral objection
toliquor... You are a Muslim
2. If you own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000
rocketlauncher, but
you can't afford shoes... You are a Muslim
3. If you have more wives than teeth... You are
a Muslim
4. If you think vests come in two styles: bullet-
proof and
suicide...You are a Muslim
5. If you can't think ofanyone you haven't
declared Jihad
against...You are a Muslim
6. If you consider televisiondangerous, but
routinely carry explosives
inyour clothing... You are a Muslim
7. If youwere amazed to discover that cell
phoneshave uses other
than setting off roadsidebombs... You are a
Muslim
8. If you havenothing against women and think
every manshould own
at least four... You are a Muslim
9.If you find this offensive or racist and
don'tforward it... You are a
Muslim!! --------------------
Buddhists living with Hindus = NoProblem
Hindus living with Christians = NoProblem
Christians living with Shintos = NoProblem
Shintos living with Confucians = NoProblem
Confusians living with Baha'is = NoProblem
Baha'is living with Jews = NoProblem
Jews living with Atheists = NoProblem
Atheists living with Buddhists = NoProblem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = NoProblem
Sikhs living with Hindus = NoProblem
Hindus living with Baha'is = NoProblem
Baha'is living with Christians = NoProblem
Christians living with Jews = NoProblem
Jews living with Buddhists = NoProblem
Buddhists living with Shintos = NoProblem
Shintos living with Atheists = NoProblem
Atheists living with Confucians = NoProblem
Confusians living with Hindus = NoProblem
Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslimsliving with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims livingwith Baha'is = Problem.
Muslims living withShintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists= Problem
MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS =BIG PROBLEM
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by sage2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
This reminds me of my days in the UNI. My cousin gave me a sports car. I was already racing my life to death when he came out of nowhere, took the car and sold it without as much as saying a word. Till this day, I still have this deep feelings that it was either the car or me. Because I was a formular 1 wanna be on Lagos roads. God has been saving me since the day I was born. Baba God no dey take me joke. Anything wey wan cause kasala for me, him dey take away sharp sharp - no time for nonsense. God, I thank you again.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by onuwaje(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
caseless: transliteration: ya'ajad yash-hahuû fajat hayet zakkã. grin grin
u must translate am!
'Stop saying rubbish'...... That's what it means
So ur personal text na for waste cheesy
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by zirrah: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Infact he should be charged for destroying the road...
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by achismen: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Rest in peace brother.
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Reckless driving.

Who was at fault? E's son, the other driver, or the politicians that failed to fix our roads?
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by FEMoxylian: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Oga Rufai shld move closer to God and seek forgiveness from God and peace with men for the sake of the rest member of his family. May God see him through this trying period.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by achismen: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is ooutrageous....... RIP
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Caseless: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
onuwaje:
'Stop saying rubbish'...... That's what it means
So ur personal text na for waste cheesy
grin grin grin my bad...
Na every muslim de hear arabic? grin grin
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by simpleseyi: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
rattlesnake: ...many of us are avoiding the fact that lack of parental guidance and care led to this....mallam is a critic....who feels he's perfect n thinks God took his son....God does not crush people kids under truck..we do these things to ourselves n claim its God...RIP to the young lad and mallam should hold his tongue for two years n he will feel better....train up a child prov 22.6

Don't spoil your child

What of the RCCG pastor whose son killed him some weeks back at RCCG prayer ground?
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by ak47mann(m): 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
RIP

AMINGO HOTEL LTD in that pix is own by one umu-ahia man cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
LET HIM REST IN PEACE BUT I KNOW WHAT THEY DO IN ABUJA. HE WAS CAR RACING ON THE RUN WAY. THAT IS WHAT MOST OF THE BIG POLITICIAN CHILDREN DO ON HOLIDAY PERIOD IN ABUJA.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
onuwaje:
Wetyn concern hermes and accident?
Na hin be god of speed, like Mercury!
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: Coming back from the night club ofcuz. Where else? Our politicians kids are mostly spoilt brats
So na only rich men pikins dey go nyt club ba?
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: Coming back from the night club ofcuz. Where else? Our politicians kids are mostly spoilt brats
So na only rich men pikins dey go nyt club ba??
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Antell95(m): 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
yamunla: My dearest girls that bleach,if on the judgement day ur face doesn't match the one on angel Gabriel's Laptop..Don't argue,just go to Hell...!!!

*all this likes for my Ogbanje Joke/true talk*
Tomorrow must be a Very Good day ooo
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Btruth: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
God have mercy...what is happening to this man now? RIP to the dead.
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by onuwaje(m): 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
caseless: grin grin grin my bad...
Na every muslim de hear arabic? grin grin
Can any of our muslim brothers/sisters help him out pls
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
YoungDaNaval: So na only rich men pikins dey go nyt club ba??
What has that got to do with what I said?
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by JEITO: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
Those two vehicles don't look like they collude with one another atal.
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: What has that got to do with what I said?
Go Back and read again...
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by onuwaje(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
wazoboy: Na hin be god of speed, like Mercury!
How does hermes,mecury, or god of speed relate to this thread?
Re: Pictures From Hamza El-rufai's Car Crash by nora544: 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
The car went from 0 to 100 km in 3,7 seconds and it is 325 km fast

That is a super sport car.

That car was to fast for this boy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Corvette 1977 Model Car / Fayose Went To Market After Protest Against Him In Ekiti. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.