Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls (5807 Views)

U.S. Embassy Warns Of Possible 'Terrorism' Attacks In Nigeria - Reuters / President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / China Executes Eight For Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by atlwireles: 11:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nigerians consider political interests related with election issues and unemployment to be the major cause of terrorism in the country, NOI Polls released today, Tuesday, reveals.

Meanwhile, slightly more than half of individuals polled said the Nigerian Government/Security agencies are doing enough to rescue the “Chibok school girls” kidnapped in April this year; 46% were of the opinion that government/security agencies are not doing enough in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by atlwireles: 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Asked, “In your opinion, what is the major cause of terrorism in Nigeria?” 26 percent said “Election/political interest” while 21 percent of respondents answered “unemployment”. Meanwhile 10 percent, 8 percent and 6 percent of individuals polled respectively said bad government/leadership, high level of poverty and corruption is the major cause of terrorism in the country.

Random attacks and acts of violence unleashed by the Islamic sect Boko-Haram in the past 4 years, has made Nigeria a major feature in the “global terrorism” discuss, even as hundreds continue to be maimed, killed and kidnapped.

The poll reveals that the vast majority, about 99 percent, of Nigerians are aware of the recent activities of terrorists in the nation, as well as the abduction of the Chibok school girls that gave birth to the globally acknowledged ‘bring back our girls’ hash-tag campaign.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/nigerians-blame-politics-unemployment-for-terrorism-attacks-says-noi-polls

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by lakpalakpa: 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
The PDP led FG has been playing politics with issues of terrorism that's why Boko Haram won't go anytime soon.

JonaHaram till suffer kill una throway..

grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by OneNaira6: 12:04am On Jul 30, 2014
atlwireles: Asked, “In your opinion, what is the major cause of terrorism in Nigeria?” 26 percent said “Election/political interest” while 21 percent of respondents answered “unemployment”. Meanwhile 10 percent, 8 percent and 6 percent of individuals polled respectively said bad government/leadership, high level of poverty and corruption is the major cause of terrorism in the country.

Random attacks and acts of violence unleashed by the Islamic sect Boko-Haram in the past 4 years, has made Nigeria a major feature in the “global terrorism” discuss, even as hundreds continue to be maimed, killed and kidnapped.

The poll reveals that the vast majority, about 99 percent, of Nigerians are aware of the recent activities of terrorists in the nation, as well as the abduction of the Chibok school girls that gave birth to the globally acknowledged ‘bring back our girls’ hash-tag campaign.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/nigerians-blame-politics-unemployment-for-terrorism-attacks-says-noi-polls

I'm in agreement it is a political tool. After all, Boko Haram killings became rampant after GEJ came into power and we all recalled how that northern promised to make the country difficult for him. I still believe they are doing as they promised.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Descartes: 4:37am On Jul 30, 2014
This Kangaroo poll is nothing but a farce grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Descartes: 4:38am On Jul 30, 2014
Random attacks and acts of violence unleashed by the Islamic sect Boko-Haram in the past 4 years, has made Nigeria a major feature in the “global terrorism” discuss, even as hundreds continue to be maimed, killed and kidnapped embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Dexpro: 4:39am On Jul 30, 2014
The cause of terrorism? Its purely political. Why on earth will a known politician lose an election and the next thing is "i'll make the country ungovernable? angry
BH has a political under tone.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by superior1: 4:40am On Jul 30, 2014
One day, they will blame Nairaland for unemployment and terrorism

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by shadowwalker101: 4:42am On Jul 30, 2014
People will always lay blame
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img] [img]http:///?k_id=utibeokodi[/img]
Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Kalvan: 4:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Jonathan, call your boys to order.

You sent them to murder Buhari, you dictator.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by sunnywhyt(m): 4:57am On Jul 30, 2014
Politics is a profession for the brainy,only the wise knows the rules while we masses just know it's a game...
Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Descartes: 5:08am On Jul 30, 2014
Meanwhile 10 percent, 8 percent and 6 percent of individuals polled respectively said bad government/leadership, high level of poverty and corruption is the major cause of terrorism in the country. shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Buking1: 5:10am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by kristen12(f): 5:11am On Jul 30, 2014
Always blaming instead of finding solution

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by kobonaire(m): 5:14am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan: Jonathan, call your boys to order. You sent them to murder Buhari, you dictator.
Do you know what that word means? This may help dictator definition on dictionary . com

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by TRADELYN: 5:20am On Jul 30, 2014
I CAN'T AGREE MORE...
#GoDBlessNaija grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by disloman(m): 5:20am On Jul 30, 2014
kobonaire: Do you know what that word means? This may help dictator definition on dictionary . com
Is his actions different frm that of a dictator?PDP E-goats! Quote mi n die.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Eldavido1: 5:23am On Jul 30, 2014
I'm not interested in the blame game! wake me up when the are ready with the solution.
Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by kobonaire(m): 5:27am On Jul 30, 2014
disloman: Is his actions different frm that of a dictator?PDP E-goats! Quote mi n die.
Obviously the definition went over your head. Bear with me, let me go look for a dictionary for mügüz ...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Danielotuya(m): 5:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Well since it is a blame game nw, lemme blame mathematics. If u knw d number of student dat drop frm sch cos of
xyz+ plr= ytz
find x.. You wil pity dis country

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by EasternLeopard: 5:36am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan: Jonathan, call your boys to order.

You sent them to murder Buhari, you dictator.

Was he the one who sent them to kidnap the wife of Cameroon's VP

Truly Lunatics full Nairaland

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Kalvan: 5:37am On Jul 30, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Was he the one who sent them to kidnap the wife of Cameroon's VP

Truly Lunatics full Nairaland

Igbos. Always afraid of the truth. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by seunmsg(m): 5:37am On Jul 30, 2014
[b][/b]
atlwireles: Nigerians consider political interests related with election issues and unemployment to be the major cause of terrorism in the country, NOI Polls released today, Tuesday, reveals.

Meanwhile, slightly more than half of individuals polled said the Nigerian Government/Security agencies are doing enough to rescue the “Chibok school girls” kidnapped in April this year; 46% were of the opinion that government/security agencies are not doing enough in this regard.

More than half of the respondent said Nigerian Government/Security agencies are doing enough to rescue the chibok girls? Really? Am sure majority of the respondents lives in Aso rock and Otuoke. Those girls are still missing after over 100 days of their kidnapping and this nonsense poll is telling us government is doing enough. Cameroun's deputy PM's wife was rescued less than 3 days after she was kidnapped by the same Boko haram. Here, we are praising the government for doing nothing after over 100 days of the abduction of over 200 girls. SHM!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by EasternLeopard: 5:40am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan:

Igbos. Always afraid of the truth. grin

Consequences of substandard free education

No wonder people say awof dey spoil belly

When your p rick no rise when you dey bed with your wife, you go also blame Jona.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Kalvan: 5:42am On Jul 30, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Consequences of substandard free education

No wonder people say awof dey spoil belly

When your p rick no rise when you dey bed with your wife, you go also blame Jona.

Shut up, you Ibo.

Jonathan wants to kill the general. He won't succeed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by date1816: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Surah Al-Furqan (The Criterion)
1.Blessed be He Who sent down the criterion (of right and wrong, i.e. this Qur'an) to His slave (Muhammad) that he may be a warner to the'Alamin(mankind and jinns).
2.He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Who has begotten no son (children or offspring) and for Whom there is no partner in the dominion. He has created everything, and has measured it exactly according to its due measurements.
3.Yet they have taken besides Him otheraliha(gods) that created nothing but are themselves created, and possess neither hurt nor benefit for themselves, and possess no power (of causing) death, nor (of giving) life, nor of raising the dead.
4.Those who disbelieve say: "This (the Qur'an) is nothing but a lie that he (Muhammad) has invented, and others have helped him at it, so that they have produced an unjust wrong (thing) and a lie."
5.And they say: "Tales of the ancients, which he has written down, and they are dictated to him morning and afternoon."
6.Say: "It (this Qur'an) has been sent down by Him (Allah) (the Real Lord of the heavens and earth) Who knows the secret of the heavens and the earth. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
7.And they say: "Why does this Messenger (Muhammad) eat food, and walk about in the markets (like ourselves). Why is not an angel sent down to him to be a warner with him?
8."Or (why) has not a treasure been granted to him, or why has he not a garden whereof he may eat?" And theZalimun(polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) say: "You follow none but a man bewitched."
9.See how they coin similitudes for you, so they have gone astray, and they cannot find a (Right) Path.
10.Blessed be He Who, if He will, will assign you better than (all) that, - Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) and will assign you palaces (i.e. in Paradise).
11.Nay, they deny the Hour (the Day of Resurrection), and for those who deny the Hour, We have prepared a flaming Fire (i.e. Hell).
12.When it (Hell) sees them from a far place, they will hear its raging and its roaring.
13.And when they shall be thrown into a narrow place thereof, chained together, they will exclaim therein for destruction.
14.Exclaim not today for one destruction, but exclaim for many destructions.
15.Say: (O Muhammad) "Is that (torment) better or the Paradise of Eternity promised to theMuttaqun(pious and righteous persons - see V.2:2)?" It will be theirs as a reward and as a final destination.
16.For them there will be therein all that they desire, and they will abide (there forever). It is a promise binding upon your Lord that must be fulfilled.
17.And on the Day when He will gather them together and that which they worship besides Allah [idols, angels, pious men, saints, 'Iesa (Jesus) - son of Maryam (Mary), etc.]. He will say: "Was it you who misled these My slaves or did they (themselves) stray from the (Right) Path?"
18.They will say: "Glorified be You! It was not for us to take anyAuliya'(Protectors, Helpers, etc.) besides You, but You gave them and their fathers comfort till they forgot the warning, and became a lost people (doomed to total loss).
19.Thus they (false gods all deities other than Allah) will give you (polytheists) the lie regarding what you say (that they are gods besides Allah), then you can neither avert (the punishment), nor get help. And whoever among you does wrong (i.e. sets up rivals to Allah), We shall make him taste a great torment.
20.And We never sent before you (O Muhammad) any of the Messengers but verily, they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you as a trial for others: will you have patience? And your Lord is Ever All-Seer (of everything).
21.And those who expect not for a Meeting with Us (i.e. those who deny the Day of Resurrection and the life of the Hereafter), say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or why do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they think too highly of themselves, and are scornful with great pride.
22.On the Day they will see the angels, no glad tidings will there be for theMujrimun(criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) that day. And they (angels) will say: "All kinds of glad tidings are forbidden for you," [None will be allowed to enter Paradise except the one who said:La ilaha ill-Allah,"(none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) and acted practically on its legal orders and obligations].
23.And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust.
24.The dwellers of Paradise (i.e. those who deserved it through their Faith and righteousness) will, on that Day, have the best abode, and have the fairest of places for repose.
25.And (remember) the Day when the heaven shall be rent asunder with clouds, and the angels will be sent down, with a grand descending.
26.The sovereignty on that Day will be the true (sovereignty), belonging to the Most Beneficent (Allah), and it will be a hard Day for the disbelievers (those who disbelieve in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism).
27.And (remember) the Day when theZalim(wrong-doer, oppressor, polytheist, etc.) will bite at his hands, he will say: "Oh! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger ( Muhammad).
28."Ah! Woe to me! Would that I had never taken so-and-so as a friend!
29."He indeed led me astray from the Reminder (this Qur'an) after it had come to me. AndShaitan(Satan) is ever a deserter to man in the hour of need."
30.And the Messenger (Muhammad) will say: "O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Qur'an (neither listened to it, nor acted on its laws and orders).
31.Thus have We made for every Prophet an enemy among theMujrimun(disbelievers, polytheists, criminals, etc.). But Sufficient is your Lord as a Guide and Helper.
32.And those who disbelieve say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once?" Thus (it is sent down in parts), that We may strengthen your heart thereby. And We have revealed it to you gradually, in stages. (It was revealed to the Prophetin 23 years.).
33.And no example or similitude do they bring (to oppose or to find fault in you or in this Qur'an), but We reveal to you the truth (against that similitude or example), and the better explanation thereof.
34.Those who will be gathered to Hell (prone) on their faces, such will be in an evil state, and most astray from the (Straight) Path.
35.And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)], and placed his brother Harun (Aaron) with him as a helper;
36.And We said: "Go you both to the people who have denied OurAyat(proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)." Then We destroyed them with utter destruction.
37.And Nuh's (Noah) people, when they denied the Messengers We drowned them, and We made them as a sign for mankind. And We have prepared a painful torment for theZalimun(polytheists and wrong-doers, etc).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2014
The Poll was conducted in Aso Rock and Wadatta house under the supervision of Mama Peace, Ruben Abati and Doyin Okupe

Deris god oooo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by EasternLeopard: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan:

Shut up, you Ibo.

Jonathan wants to kill the general. He won't succeed.

Why not say Jona is tired of Patience on bed that is why he kidnapped Cameroon's VP wife.

Excess Amala increases S T U P I D I T Y

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Kalvan: 5:53am On Jul 30, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Why not say Jona is tired of Patience on bed that is why he kidnapped Cameroon's VP wife.

Excess Amala increases S T U P I D I T Y

What Amala?! Did your mother or wife cook me Amala? Ediot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by alnaijiri(m): 5:55am On Jul 30, 2014
The corruption and incompetence of the Nigerian government has robbed an entire generation of Northern Muslims of their future. Only Islamic rule can bring peace and prosperity to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by Celepope: 5:56am On Jul 30, 2014
alnaijiri: The corruption and incompetence of the Nigerian government has robbed an entire generation of Northern Muslims of their future. Only Islamic rule can bring peace and prosperity to Nigeria.
What's the meaning of that poop you typed there?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blame Politics, Unemployment For Terrorism Attacks – NOI Polls by EasternLeopard: 6:01am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan:

What Amala?! Did your mother or wife cook me Amala? Ediot.

Since you are accussing GEJ of kidnapping the wife of Cameroon's VP,

I will advice Patience to prepare for you a pot of EBOLA VIRUS.

Shame unto you

For accussing Jona of kidnapping the wife of Cameroon's VP

So many Boko Haram's on NairaLand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Legal Analysis Of Why The APC Nominated Alhaji Yahaya Bello / Kaduna Bans Processions, Unlawful Assembly / Which Seaport Is Best To Serve The South South & South East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.