Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Heeeeey There Is Slave Trade In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Heeeeey There Is Slave Trade In Nigeria (659 Views)

My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones / Slave Trade In Diamond Bank,how Md Alex Oti”s Wife Recruits Staff,cbn Wades In / FOREX: Best Time To Trade In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heeeeey There Is Slave Trade In Nigeria by lwise(m): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2008
I feel like crying anytime I think about this.If I may ask what is so special about these white men.Nearly 80% of the company owned by white men in Nigeria are enslaving their workers.How can a company be paying their worker N7000 naira a month with HARD labour.That money is nothing to write home about compare to the work they do and the risk involved.I don’t want to mention companies cos I have about six on my list.I don’t blame them much but for the selfish Nigerian who present workers to them as casual staffs thereby taking the larger part of the money.
I have a guy in my area,he’s a younger brother to my friend.He studied industrial chemistry,he came to Lagos for his six months IT.He was in Lagos for a month and half without any placement b4 he decided to work as a casual in a chemical company around Ikeja.He resumes by 7:30 am and closes around 5p.m.At times he runs night duty.After a month and half his appearance changed infact you can hardly recognice him physically but if he talks you will know hes still the one.
He latter fell sick, I mean seriously sick.
We later realize that where he works hes exposed to chemical which he inhale on daily basis.
Nairalanders,this guy nealy died it only took the mercy of God.
Imagine a company own by foreigner,the funniest thing is that they don’t allow thing like this in their country.Their are some indegineous companies that are worse than this.What are the Nigerian labour congress doing, to me they are there SLEEPING busy doing nothing for the workers.
The condition of service in some companies is totally out of it.This are the critical area the NLC should look into.
………………can this country be better than this………………
But we all know the problems of this country and we have millions of people that can analyse the problem of this nation from A to Z.So many proposals have been submitted.
WHATS HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY…………….

(1) (Reply)

Taking The Pulse Of The Market / Do You Have A Good Business Proposal / World Bank's Prediction for 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.