Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,889 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here (9905 Views)

Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / NYSC BATCH B14 (delta) Lets Meet Here / Batch B14 OYO State Corp Members Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by magnusalbertus(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=peculairk] sad sadheard dat dey pay just 2k[/quot
the 2k is not even steady
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by senatorken01(m): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
intending corpers in the house, shocked NS is good ooo, watch out for dz army girl patience, i dnot know if shes now gentle now, bt during my time shes is fearless n she has a flat chest like man bt her wahala too much n shes troublesome.... serg dairu is a good man too, camp is good bt na parad spoil ham grin.. state alawances is every 6 month(2k) b4 it was 4k bt d gov Almakura Tanko reduced it to 2k, if ure posted to a development area, solid mineral business dey, like colombite, lead, iron n tantalite bt its dubious, i rush in n i crash bt take ur time, i make my money thou, bt i dnt look well.. if u dnt know how to que for anything b4 u go que for food, water n during reg, manage ur time well coz if ure sleeping, U ARE WRONG, ping me for assistance or relocation/ redeployment..
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by senatorken01(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abeg no give soldier your body ooo, gals , dem go use u n dump u ooo, na beg i dey beg our future wives ooo, u can date your fellow corper, its allow n u can even c after camp n later after NYSC bt soldier, na barrack things n they are always on d move for peace keeping,. Also dnot give a photographer a dime for assistance or any1 of such, only local govt inspectors, zonal inspectors, NYSC officials n camp cordinator or director can influence your posting n redeployment. Think fast n act fast b4 its too late
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by senatorken01(m): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
Okay… Before you even start your preparation for orientation camp , you have to set your mind on what to expect , what to buy , things not to take and all but most importantly you need to know some important info about camp.

Orientation Camp is a once in a life opportunity . its a time you really meet different kind of individuals most especially for the butty children and those who went to private university. You will meet , live and learn from strangers. At the end of the day, our experiences might be different but having a fore-knowledge of what to expect will reduce your “camp-shock.”

For some this would be a 3 weeks to remember . Try to prepare well as much as you can for the 3 weeks of camp life:
NUMBER 1: HAVE ENOUGH CASH FOR SPENDING.
Yes o . everything in camp is about money . You pay to charge phones , pay to wash , some pay to eat (mammi). pay to even use clean toilets. So just try o and have enough cash.But having experienced being broke (you might not get an ATM to withdraw money), I’ll say please bring pocket money… But also learn to budget. Don’t spend extravagantly… Be very frugal in your spending. Don’t buy everything you see… Also don’t allow camp photographers take pictures of you randomly- of course unless it is part of your plan. Be kind to others but also ensure you are not careless with your spending.

NUMBER 2: THE TOILETS&BATHROOMS
These is another aspect to prepare for. Most camps if not all do not have good toilets and bathrooms. Some people have to bath outside , some in the bush and like i said in number 1 if you have money you could pay around to use a clean one . Just do not expect to see a good one . Some people have to wake up as early as 3 am to have their bath .

NUMBER 3: SECURITY
Security should be your watch word right from the first minute you step into camp till after you step out of camp. You don't know the kind of human beings you would mix up with. Just try as much as possible to have a kind of safe lock for your bags. Most importantly you don't have to show off or flaunt what you have then you are calling the petty thieves to come collect what they want. Note that nothing is too small to be stolen o!. Be very careful with your belongings… For example, don’t leave your phone or purse on your bed and turn away for a minute. Don’t get me wrong, the camp is pretty safe. But some cases of theft were reported in my hostel as well as others. There are no locks on hostel doors so everyone including non-corpers (e.g. women who hawk goods) have access to these hostels. So, ensure you up your skills in keeping your things safe.

NUMBER 4 :KITCHEN FOOD
I never ate camp food for once ,i only used my kitchen card to collect bread once. It all depends on you ,Some corpers are ‘allergic’ to eating from camp kitchen so they end up spending a huge part of their pocket-money in ‘Mami market.’ The government paid loads to ensure you have three square meal per day. Don’t miss the opportunity to use your meal ticket. Okay, they don’t cook the best meal. But trust me, it is not that bad. You can complement what the kitchen provide with fruits from Mammi market.

NUMBER 5 : BE SOCIAL
Make friends , no one is an island . Camp is an opportunity for you to make friends .Camp life is pretty stressful. Being around the right people or having the right people around you will help you stay sane. But don’t be too desperate about making friends that you land in the wrong company. Try to have fun… and relax. Don’t complain too much. Moaning and depressing murmurings will leave you exhausted. Avoid depressing conversations if possible.
NUMBER 6 : EXPECT THE WORST
Do not got to camp expecting everything to be as you planned or have been told. Things change . So the best advice i can give you is just to expect the worst.
NUMBER 7: MAMMY MARKET
Almighty Mammy market is the happening place in camp. It is the spot where things are sold on camp. And yes, things are very expensive there. The traders/retailers there blame the inflation in the market on camp officials. They say they were charged mercilessly for their
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by senatorken01(m): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
Most of the tins u need can b gotten @ d camp market (maami) buh incase u need 2 get it 4rm home cos prices are usually higher dere. Note the following:
1. @least 3 white round neck tops
2. 3 white shorts
3. a pair of white tennis
4. a waist bag
(Numba 1-3 tho would b given 2 u @ d.
camp buh trust me u may nt lyk it).
5. a tourch light
6. Mosquitoe net and a blanket
7. Cooler, cup and spoon
8. Buckets
9. Underwears and towel
10.Bedsheet(s)

Also note dat u shuld make @least 12 photocopies of the ff documents: statement of result from your institution, call up letter, your school
I.D card. Also take along wit u lyk 12 passport.
U don't rilly need mofti cos u won't b allowed 2 wear it except on sundays ( and dat depends on d camp) u culd just take lyk 2 along sha,Wuld keep u posted if I remenber any oda tin
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Footlocker(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
@senatorken01: Hmm! So you no that bitch patience, she was coordinating my platoon! Had me sitting on my bum numerous times! What platoon were you? And which year were you there?
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
I want to heartily congratulate all freshest Otondos posted to Nassarawa state. I assure u that ur service year wl be hilariously adventurous. Enjoy the best that Magaji Yanusa Orientation Camp wl offer u.
"parade we replace hair-dress.... Replace hair-dress!"..... Cheers
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
I want to heartily congratulate you guys (Newest Otondos) on ur posting to my former State of National service... I assure u that ur service year wl be hilariously adventurous. Enjoy all the experiences that Magaji Dan Yanusa Orientation Camp wl offer u. Cheerssss
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by emsheddy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Footlocker: @senatorken01: Hmm! So you no that bitch patience, she was coordinating my platoon! Had me sitting on my bum numerous times! What platoon were you? And which year were you there?
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by emsheddy(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Footlocker: @senatorken01: Hmm! So you no that bitch patience, she was coordinating my platoon! Had me sitting on my bum numerous times! What platoon were you? And which year were you there?
Person wey no sabi Patience no go that camp be dat nah. I was calling her Aunty Soldier. She wan laugh die. I later liked her at the tail end sha. She is vibrant and troublesome.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by emsheddy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=magnusalbertus][/quote] Bros abeg na which part of nasarawa u dey serve self? Cos my PPA never ever delay in paying the 2k for once self. The money dey come sharp sharp n even finish sharp sharp. And its same for friends in other PPA here in Lafia. Abeg no give this people wrong orientation nah.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by senatorken01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
emsheddy: Person wey no sabi Patience no go that camp be dat nah. I was calling her Aunty Soldier. She wan laugh die. I later liked her at the tail end sha. She is vibrant and troublesome.
... that was 2013/2014 set batch A...
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by emsheddy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
senatorken01: ... that was 2013/2014 set batch A...
she was also with the soldiers in Batch A 2014
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Scionic(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
emsheddy: she was also with the soldiers in Batch A 2014
hu b ds female soldier sef...I go luk 4 her trouble If I c her 4 camp...

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Darmelawlah(f): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
I gues I am d only one coming from Osun state on Tuesday,Pls hw can I get to Nasarawa and hope no punishment for reporting Late.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Darmelawlah: I gues I am d only one coming from Osun state on Tuesday,Pls hw can I get to Nasarawa and hope no punishment for reporting Late.
No no much punishment sha... But "Left-Right... Forward match!" Starts frm d gate. And again, u hv to get to camp on tym so u can get ur size of nysc kits...
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Darmelawlah(f): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
[quote
author=Kentnickole]
No no much punishment sha... But "Left-Right... Forward match!" Starts
frm d gate. And again, u hv to get to camp on tym so u can get ur size
of nysc kits...[/quote] How can i get to Nasarawa frm Osun state,nd wil i make it to d place dat same day. Thanks
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Darmelawlah(f): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Directn frm Osun state to Nasarawa plx,nd wil i make it to d camp dat day
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
Darmelawlah: How can i get to Nasarawa frm Osun state,nd wil i make it to d place dat same day. Thanks
Locate abuja park nd tell the driver to stop at zuba.... Take a vehicle frm zuba to A.Y.A. To Nyanya... Frm nyanya, take a vehicle to nysc camp at keffi... Or call me on 07081798004 for clarification ok
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pls guys, how can i get to camp from makurdi and how many hours is it?
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Obiwannn: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
Anyone coming from Warri? How do i locate the camp from Warri?
Please which networks work in camp? Had to buy an airtel sim today cos i wasn't sure Glo worked.... And yes this is my very first post wink

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Obiwannn: Anyone coming from Warri? How do i locate the camp from Warri?
Please which networks work in camp? Had to buy an airtel sim today cos i wasn't sure Glo worked.... And yes this is my very first post wink
Locate delta line going to abuja...thn drop at their park in abuja....then take a cab to area1...thn frm there, take a cab to to nyanya...frm there to nysc camp at keffi.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Obiwannn: 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Kentnickole:
Locate delta line going to abuja...thn drop at their park in abuja....then take a cab to area1...thn frm there, take a cab to to nyanya...frm there to nysc camp at keffi.

Chei! So i won't Dodge the very popular Nyanya?
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 12:09am On Aug 05, 2014
Obiwannn:

Chei! So i won't Dodge the very popular Nyanya?
Tell driver make him drop u after bridge... No enter park o.... Just stand along road side wave ur hand... Shout keffi....

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by WhytJane(f): 2:16am On Aug 05, 2014
am reporting life from nasarawa camp
the place is pretty cool and spacious with friendly soldiers to welcome us..
I have secured a semi comfortable accommodation; D registration continues tomao
#team nasarawa
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 05, 2014
Kentnickole:
Tell driver make him drop u after bridge... No enter park o.... Just stand along road side wave ur hand... Shout keffi....

SMH
grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2014
glitest:

SMH
grin grin grin grin grin.
Glitest! Where hv u been? But why are u shaking ur head na?
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Obiwannn: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2014
Kentnickole:
After which bridge o boss?
I'm using Big Joe. Not Delta Line.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 9:44am On Aug 05, 2014
Obiwannn:
After which bridge o boss?
I'm using Big Joe. Not Delta Line.
Tell driver after bridge for nyanya there or if ask am if him go drop for mararaba... Then u fit take cab frm mararaba to nysc camp for keffi
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by nnomy3: 11:24am On Aug 05, 2014
My people, I dey camp o. Imagine o, they asked us to carry our heavy bags on our heads and run to every check point.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by Kentnickole(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2014
nnomy3: My people, I dey camp o. Imagine o, they asked us to carry our heavy bags on our heads and run to every check point.
Lols.... Is normal.... You wl enjoy ur stay in d camp.
Re: Nassarawa State B14 Let's Meet Here by umar745(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2014
I'm still at home cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Be An Entrepreneur Like Tony Elumelu – Akpabio To Corps Members / A thread for corpers posted to Kaduna / What Happened To The Yearly Nysc-Presidential Merit Award?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.